JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use the crossbolt safety only when unloading. Use the half-cock otherwise. Look at it occasionally to check its position.

If those aren't enough, remove or deactivate it.

Bruce
I'm glad they work for you. They don't for me and as such, a deal breaker.

Definitely. Sometimes when I see an interesting but overpriced gun I make a list of all the cool guns I could buy for the price of the one overpriced gun. Then the overpriced gun seems even more ridiculous than I first thought ha ha.
I compare them to guns I already have that are similar and paid much much less for. E.G., IIRC, not that many years ago (6-7?), I bought a Marlin '95 and paid half what Ruger is asking for one now. Yes, I know the Ruger is improved (somewhat) and there has been inflation. But it still makes me feel good that I paid quite a bit less for most of my guns/etc. than what is being asked for very similar guns today.

As I noted in the other thread about these S&W lever rifles (which apparently was posted right after this one):

$1279? $3499? For .44 Mag lever-action rifles?

With the stupid big loop levers? And pic rails on top?

No, thank you. I'll settle for my Winchesters and Marlins.

And I thought ruglins were priced at like 3x their REAL worth? Their worth to this guy, anyway. For the cost of 1 s&w "limited edition", I can buy a beautiful example of a jm stamped 1894 in .357, AND another in .44 mag, with $ left over to feed them! Each of the Marlins would be truly "limited edition", as in, never to be made again, EVER!

I assume the rail must come off. The description says it Accepts mounts compatible with Marlin® 1894 hole patterns.

I wouldn't exactly call it a big loop lever, as they say 'oversized' , but nevertheless consider this part:

The Model 1854 is launching with two versions, both chambered in the almighty 44 Magnum. First is a utilitarian stainless-steel bead-finish gun with polymer furniture. The second is an extremely limited-edition black version with high-grade walnut stocks where only 1,854 units will be available for sale.

So, after the 1854 wood stocked units are gone all that is left will be the plastic fantastic ones which definitely narrows the market.

As I noted in the other thread about these S&W lever rifles (which apparently was posted right after this one):

$1279? $3499? For .44 Mag lever-action rifles?

No, thank you. I'll settle for my Winchesters and Marlins.
I did pay $1200 for my Miroku/Winchester .44 mag '92.

But:

1) It is a Miroku made Winchester
2) It is a Trapper takedown model
3) It has an Octagon barrel.
4) It has wood furniture.

I did pay $1200 for my Miroku/Winchester .44 mag '92.

But:

1) It is a Miroku made Winchester
2) It is a Trapper takedown model
3) It has an Octagon barrel.
4) It has wood furniture.
Those are some great rifles - and beautiful. The price has gone up considerably on them as well, but I consider them to be heirloom quality unlike the Smiths.
Winchester.png

Those are some great rifles - and beautiful. The price has gone up considerably on them as well, but I consider them to be heirloom quality unlike the Smiths.
View attachment 1808079
Yes - mine was NIB when I got it. Then I put one round thru and now it is a safe queen.

My Rossi '92 44 mag carbine is the rifle I would use. As is the youth model Marlin .30-30 336.

I am on the hunt for a miroku Winchester in 357 and think I've called about every dealer in 200 miles looking for one.

Half cock is plenty safety for me

No need for crossbolt , I have one remlin that has one.

Will take a bit, the auction shows 1 dealer (so far) offering to sell one on a pre order basis for $1600. Anyone who wants one early on will have to get lucky or pay the going rate till the pipe line fills
Thanks.
I guess I'll wait until someone makes an impulse purchase then realizes the rent's due lol

I think it looks better than the Henry Big Boy's, but then you're lacking in the caliber choices Henry offers. Beyond that, they're WAY expensive, especially when you consider these offerings are "nice to have" guns.

Similar to what someone else said earlier, there are lots of other choices at these price points that most folk would rather put their money towards.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top