JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it looks better than the Henry Big Boy's, but then you're lacking in the caliber choices Henry offers. Beyond that, they're WAY expensive, especially when you consider these offerings are "nice to have" guns.

Similar to what someone else said earlier, there are lots of other choices at these price points that most folk would rather put their money towards.
Was not a fan of the 357 or 45-70 in the box boy x

Remember when you could talk your neighbor out of their .35 Remington lever gun for like $50 and a couple of egg-laying hens?
Threads like this really have me missing 1988. 🫡 :(
It might be worth it to a collector to pick one of these lever guns up, because I got a sneakin' suspicion they ain't gonna be around for too long.

Can the SW 1854 safely shoot .44mag +P? The announcements about it I've read didnt address that issue.

Imagine this lever gun in .454 Casull! Assuming you could also fire .45 and .45 +P in it. The Casull is more recoil than I want to deal with in a handgun, even though they are normally loaded way under the limits of the round, even by buffalo boar, because of controllability problems .

If it becomes popular enough, I'm sure Beartooth Mercantile will make a safety delete for it.

Each of my Marlins has one.
What!!!???? You mean that I get rid of the ugly bubblegum crossbolt on my 1894 Cowboy Limited??

Just ordered one up!!!!!

-E-

Last Edited:
I have one Marlin that has the crossbolt delete. Its the SS version of the 45 70 and its makes for a very clean looking receiver. I never use the safety anyway so for function I couldn't tell a difference.

It might be worth it to a collector to pick one of these lever guns up, because I got a sneakin' suspicion they ain't gonna be around for too long.
Maybe.

The "limited edition" reminds me of all of the Winchester commemorative/limited edition lever actions with medallions and rolled in "engraving", etc. - i.e., nothing special, and meant as a marketing move.

Like other's mentioned above, what's wrong with the current lineup of Henry's?

Also, what's wrong with the ruger marlin? Why pay so much when these already exist? Is it the "tactical cowboy" thing that is attractive? Or is it because it's "new"? I honestly don't understand why this would be attractive to buyers vs what's already out there. I must be missing something.
I think it's ban state syndrome. It's getting harder for new shooters to buy their first AR15 in some areas.
Enter the tacticool levergun.

I think it's ban state syndrome. It's getting harder for new shooters to buy their first AR15 in some areas.
Enter the tacticool levergun.
I guess so. Makes no sense to me personally when you can buy a real winchester 1894, 1873 etc for reasonable or gorgeous uberti/cimarron clones such as this for half the price:

36878105-4A9C-4A17-AE99-FB9ACCAAF954.png
00E0352B-63F3-4D00-976F-43B62D62F742.jpeg

Last Edited:
I doubt that the "tacticool buyer" cares much about levergun tradition.
The market has a new segment, apparently.
It is and I have been saying for a while this would happen. As more places start to slowly restrict and finally do away with things like the PCC's that are semi? Some are going to want something else and the lever's have long been there for this. The big downside so far has been cost. These are both more expensive to produce and they are not (yet) being cranked out in large enough numbers. Another great work around would be pump action. As more states take away the semi PCC more people will want something else. If the market gets to where it will support a LOT more of these sold? More producers will crank them out and price will start to drop. If the shooters here keep sitting on their hands here and I live long enough to lose my PCC's I will of course buy something in lever or pump.

I doubt that the "tacticool buyer" cares much about levergun tradition.
I wouldn't pigeonhole people into one or the other. It's possible to like both. My suppressed, railed 336 with subsonics is my preferred night-time coyote whacker when they come in after the goats or chickens.

My early 80's era 336 with period-correct Leupold 4x scope and wood furniture is my preferred woods stalking deer rifle.

The market has a new segment, apparently.
Not new. The levergun was the original 'assault' weapon.

I wouldn't pigeonhole people into one or the other. It's possible to like both. My suppressed, railed 336 with subsonics is my preferred night-time coyote whacker when they come in after the goats or chickens.

My early 80's era 336 with period-correct Leupold 4x scope and wood furniture is my preferred woods stalking deer rifle.
From what I've seen, I would.
There are always a few exceptions.
Not new. The levergun was the original 'assault' weapon.
So they say.
What is new is all the tacticool adornments right out of the box.

So they say.
What is new is all the tacticool adornments right out of the box.
the market is going to fill the void with what people want. Look at the PCC market in the last couple decades. I loved them from boyhood but, I was odd man out for a long time. Few were made and few seemed interested. While back this market just exploded. Look how many are made now. So here come state law makers to throw cold water on it by slowly making them a no go. So of course many are going to want an option that is not being banned. Lot of the people wanting a lever are NOT wanting one for the look and nostalgia of the old days. The want function. Producers are testing the waters with some NICE stuff.

Maybe.

The "limited edition" reminds me of all of the Winchester commemorative/limited edition lever actions with medallions and rolled in "engraving", etc. - i.e., nothing special, and meant as a marketing move.
To be clear, I was referring to any version of that model, but you make a good point.

Yes - mine was NIB when I got it. Then I put one round thru and now it is a safe queen.

My Rossi '92 44 mag carbine is the rifle I would use. As is the youth model Marlin .30-30 336.
So I went looking at the current Winchester '92 options and did not see any mention of Miroku made rifles (I assume they stop having them made in Japan a while ago). I also noticed they had the std '92 without checkering and the "deluxe" with checkering - the latter was about $1K more than the std.

So I dug mine out (after searching and searching, I finally found it buried underneath a bunch of pistolas) to see if it had checkering - it does. However, what Winchester sells now as the "Deluxe" with the checkering has much better walnut with a lot of figure - a higher grade than the straight grain stock on my rifle. I like the looks of the higher grade figured stocks, but I seem to recall that the straight grained stocks are stronger?

Anyway, for market value, I would put mine about halfway between the std and the "deluxe".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top