JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had the CZ on a longer list of 'wants' for a while now, but with the Ruger American now available, it will likely shift their way. I don't own a Mini 30, but I do like that it uses Mini 30 magazines. Plus I've been pleased with the Ruger Americans I've owned so far. A different stock would be nice - I'd be happier with one in wood laminate, like they put on the Scout, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Got some other guns ahead of a bolt 7.62x39 that need to be purchased first though.

Here you go! Boyd's laminate. Not cheap, but an option...

5D091D01-AB4F-470E-BA02-0E9E07F9D43E.jpeg

You know, I'm not 100% sure about that Dr. Watson info any more.
It was something I read a long time ago.
Supposedly, it was the revolver he used during his time in the service. So, whatever was being issued medics in the 18....70's? is what he would've had with him.
I think your Adams revolver dates from the 70's/80's, right?
Regardless, Holmes's gun was a Webley & Scott Metropolitan Police. That I remember for sure.

Dean
Yeah, i'm pretty sure you're right about that. I can't say either way about Watson, could have been an Enfield too. Tho I think you're right about it being the Adams, but probably a MKIII.

Could be. I tried doing more research, but so far....stonewalled.
Doesn't the Enfield revolver stem from WWII or there abouts?
That's where that .38/200 round came from. It was chambered for the Enfield.
I think it was supposed to be a replacement for the big Webley Mk. VI, but never completely took over.

Dean

There have been a few different Enfield revolvers, some are BPC revolvers dating back to when Watson would have been issued one in India... or Egypt or in the Boer Wars... I don't have the most refined of details about them.
Wiki says the Enfield MKII's were issued to the NW Mounted, for whatever that is worth.

But who doesn't want polymer on the M14? :rolleyes: I kid I kid to each their own. I prefer wood on the M14, the only exception is the EBR chassis (which I still find ugly).

Eh, I have a FAL to keep me company in the brush though. :cool:

There have been a few different Enfield revolvers, some are BPC revolvers dating back to when Watson would have been issued one in India... or Egypt or in the Boer Wars... I don't have the most refined of details about them.
Wiki says the Enfield MKII's were issued to the NW Mounted, for whatever that is worth.
Yeah, I noticed some references to Enfield as well, so I did a little side-researching and yeah, turns out they've been around about as long as Webley has.
I had always been under the impression that Enfield didn't build revolvers until the war.
...learn sumthin' new, every day.

If you can, try to get an older DSA with the DS prefix and Austrian (STG-58) parts. Or an Imbel that doesn't have the bipod cut if you really want to go the wood route.
Well they got the lithgow l1a1 kits that dont ship to washington:confused:
From my perspective any fal other then a FN is a compromise ide just go with the easiest to find option, atlantic firearms has always done good by me

FN doesn't mean best of the best. Keep in mind, it was the Austrian STG-58 that had the best barrel any FAL could have in regards to accuracy.

DSA's new FALs are hit and miss. There's a reason why I'm still sitting on my Imbel kit instead of buying a receiver from DSA and building from it (need more tools to fix a bad receiver).

FN doesn't mean best of the best. Keep in mind, it was the Austrian STG-58 that had the best barrel any FAL could have in regards to accuracy.

DSA's new FALs are hit and miss. There's a reason why I'm still sitting on my Imbel kit instead of buying a receiver from DSA and building from it (need more tools to fix a bad receiver).
Im thinking more from a collectors stand point then from a quality and effectiveness perspective,
I got an ar10 if i need a tool chambered in .308 ya know

From a collector's perspective, then you'd certainly want a build using foreign parts over a brand new one.

Such as a Rhodesian FAL that still has its paint on it (Rhodesians never die). Or maybe a G1 build, etc. many countries, different FALs, different stories, etc.

Folk with their fancy schmancy AR builds and fancy schmancy scopes are cheaters. >.> <.<

But... I can play DMR game too? :oops:

IMG_2891.JPG IMG_2892.JPG

P.S I really hate that grip, any recommendations for a relatively cheap but simple grip?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top