JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My M1 carbine now has a big brother!

upload_2017-10-22_21-44-39.jpeg

Doing some research. I have found out that this rifle was manufactured in 1941 and was rebarreled in 1943. and put into storage. It will hold a 1", 3 round group at 100 yards. That portion of the target was with the rifle

I shook my head and laughed when I first heard about all these cheek rests and arm braces are still a mystery to me.

Sorry for the false alarm on GP...

Just thought of something!
View attachment 399542
I don't own one of these... but if anyone can help me find cheap shootable ammunition or reloading supplies for this I would be grateful.
Ok, I'm flat drawing a blank here. Please forgive me. "CRS" really bad these days.
It's a....Webley?...but which mark?

Dean

Going to the club today to shoot them will leave and update later.

Got to make sure the dogs are fed, Cooked a fresh chicken, steamed white rice ,green beans and some kibble with fresh broth stirred up will be on their menu.
Hey, If you could post some youtube footage of those guns being shot, that would be REALLY cool!
:s0101:

Dean

Ah, ok.
Yes, I think you're right.
I believe that was also Dr. Watson's choice of protection, in the Sherlock Holmes stories.
According to Wiki, you can make .450 Adams brass by shortening .455 Webley brass.
.450 Adams Wiki page said:
Handloaded ammunition can be made from shortened .455 Webley brass.

Dean

Ah, ok.
Yes, I think you're right.
I believe that was also Dr. Watson's choice of protection, in the Sherlock Holmes stories.
According to Wiki, you can make .450 Adams brass by shortening .455 Webley brass.

Dean
That's a great bit of information, however did you think of such an idea! I am astounded! LoL

I'll look into it more. I don't know why that hadn't crossed my mind. Maybe 'cause i'm lazy and "new" to all this stuff.

Honestly, if that is Watson's choice of arms, it makes sense why the owner has it.

Bought this online a month ago, and finally got to my FFL to pick it up. This itty-bitty Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 7.62x39 uses Mini 30 magazines. The 16" barrel makes even a little 4-power scope look long.
P1050016.jpg

Ruger® Ruger American Rifle® Ranch Bolt-Action Rifle Model 16976

Couldn't wait. Installed the 1x4 Hog Plex scope, and it is a better choice.:cool:
P1050031.jpg
P1050029.jpg

Okay. Finally settled on the Leupold Vx2 3x9x33 AO Ultralight. It's a relatively small scope, so I think it'll be a good choice. Hope to get it to the range soon.
P1050047.jpg

Although this is a poor flip-phone photo, it shows how much smaller this Ultralight Leupold is, compared to many other adjustable power scopes, but even compared to a fixed 4x. :mrgreen:
1101172114a.jpg

Last Edited:
Haven't seen that before, cool. Looks like CZ has some competition in the 7.62x39 bolt action market.

This shouldn't be competition. I love CZ, but the American Rifle uses more available mags, is at a better price point, and if it's as accurate as the rest of this line seem to be, it will hold its own there as well.
The CZ has a pretty wood stock, but aftermarket support for the American series is growing nicely.

This should blow the CZ out of the water with everyone but diehard CZ fans.

This shouldn't be competition. I love CZ, but the American Rifle uses more available mags, is at a better price point, and if it's as accurate as the rest of this line seem to be, it will hold its own there as well.
The CZ has a pretty wood stock, but aftermarket support for the American series is growing nicely.

This should blow the CZ out of the water with everyone but diehard CZ fans.

I've had the CZ on a longer list of 'wants' for a while now, but with the Ruger American now available, it will likely shift their way. I don't own a Mini 30, but I do like that it uses Mini 30 magazines. Plus I've been pleased with the Ruger Americans I've owned so far. A different stock would be nice - I'd be happier with one in wood laminate, like they put on the Scout, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Got some other guns ahead of a bolt 7.62x39 that need to be purchased first though.

That Ruger's cool, but I like the Euro-ness of the little CZ, for the 7.62x39.
...and all this chatter about the AK round has me wishing someone would do Single break rifle/shotgun combo with .30-30 and either 12 or 20 gauge.
Drill and tap the .30-30 for a scope or peep and I think all of my long gun requirements would be met.

...:s0116:

That's a great bit of information, however did you think of such an idea! I am astounded! LoL

I'll look into it more. I don't know why that hadn't crossed my mind. Maybe 'cause i'm lazy and "new" to all this stuff.

Honestly, if that is Watson's choice of arms, it makes sense why the owner has it.
You know, I'm not 100% sure about that Dr. Watson info any more.
It was something I read a long time ago.
Supposedly, it was the revolver he used during his time in the service. So, whatever was being issued medics in the 18....70's? is what he would've had with him.
I think your Adams revolver dates from the 70's/80's, right?
Regardless, Holmes's gun was a Webley & Scott Metropolitan Police. That I remember for sure.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads