JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is my most favorite pistol among my collection.

A96Y5703.jpg

And this.... I will be replacing grips soon but this thing shoots really good, too! I have been reducing my gun collection like crazy but this one will stay with me.

So you like this 220 better than your hunter that I have been drooling over. I have been looking at your ads thank god I didn't have a few grand extra laying around you had some killer sale prices a little bit ago.

John

So you like this 220 better than your hunter that I have been drooling over. I have been looking at your ads thank god I didn't have a few grand extra laying around you had some killer sale prices a little bit ago.

John

I have had 5 P220s in 45 ACP in the past but this one is special... it's just so easy to shoot accurately compared to the others that I had.

P220 hunter is a good piece but it's quite different from the 45 ACP DA/SA version for how you operate, weight, trigger feel, and etc. I would say it's a totally different gun, just sharing the same model name. I have been quite happy with the gun, so might end up keeping it if I sell other guns first. The only reason why I'm selling this (other guns as well) is just to reduce my collection. I will be still happy to keep it once I sell others first and reduce my collection thin enough.

Last Edited:
This one I am so friggin proud of. I love bringing dead guns back to life. In my surfing the gun forums. I found a front half and a back half of a demilled UMP receiver. But I was about a quarter inch too short between the sections. I found a complete UMP kit minus 2/3's of the receiver. A real short front stub, but a long rear stub with the stock. Not knowing anything about HK polymer guns or even how an UMP functioned. I jumped in with both feet. My intentions were to plastic weld everything back together. So I bought a Plastic weld heat gun and some plastic rod. Well I found out in a hurry that there are several different types of rod for welding different types of plastic. So after fitting a piece to go between the receiver sections. I tried to practice on some junk receiver pieces. But nothing was sticking or holding. So I made a bunch of chunks from the scrap receiver pieces. Then I heated up the seam that I was welding until I could see the plastic start to bubble. Then I threw a chunk of the scrap onto the seam and melted it until it also bubbled. Then I took the smooth brass head of a gun smith hammer and mashed that area flat and let it cool. I did this until all the seams were filled. Then with more receiver scrap, I made pieces to overlay on the outside of the receiver over the seams. With vice grips and cleco clamps, I epoxied the overlay pieces in place and let everything totally dry. Then I cleaned up the excess glue. Then for insurance, I drilled holes in both ends of the overlay pieces clear through the frame. Then I took AR15 roll pins and sunk those into the hole making sure they were flush on the inside of the receiver. I shaved off the part of the pin that was sticking out flush on the outside of the receiver. The very last thing I did was I super glued the roll pins in place.
Now to make everything legal. I found a 16" USC barrel and bolt combo. USC and a UMP bolts are cut different and the barrels match up to the bolts. Then I stumbled onto a name that is nationally known for doing USC/UMP conversions. Tommy Bostic. He also makes Hollywood movie props. He is on facebook. He professionally demills the full auto trigger packs to semi auto per ATF specs and adds 922 parts.
This my first adventure into this kind of territory. It was a total learn as you go deal. It will never be a show piece and I never intended for it to be. I was mainly looking for function as clean as I could get it. So here is the end result as of this afternoon when the trigger pack arrived. It cycles and functions fine but I have not test fired it yet. I have cycled it many, many times and hard too. The receiver seams to be holding up. I am hoping to test fire it maybe this weekend or the first if the week. Here she is!

upload_2017-10-19_20-50-31.jpeg

upload_2017-10-19_20-51-6.jpeg

upload_2017-10-19_20-51-37.jpeg

upload_2017-10-19_20-52-15.jpeg

Last Edited:
I like the cheek rest much better than the arm braces. Can't fire from the shoulder and still get eye relief - automatic ATF compliance. They make a good product. Solid throughout.

View attachment 399536
I shook my head and laughed when I first heard about all these cheek rests and arm braces are still a mystery to me.

Sorry for the false alarm on GP...

Just thought of something!
C69A3953-A0BB-4BB4-8B8B-0172CC54486C.jpeg
I don't own one of these... but if anyone can help me find cheap shootable ammunition or reloading supplies for this I would be grateful.

I understand, I guess I just prefer what is probably restricted under NFA laws. Sorry if that seemed hostile. It's still a cool gun.
Not hostile at all. I was always skeptical of arm braces, and with all the back and forth with the ATF reversing its own opinions as often as I change my underwear, I steer clear of them. The cheek rest is a good compromise, because it's designed for that use and it has been cleared by the ATF for that purpose.

Going to the club today to shoot them will leave and update later.

Got to make sure the dogs are fed, Cooked a fresh chicken, steamed white rice ,green beans and some kibble with fresh broth stirred up will be on their menu.

current 1911 family....
Sig tacops wilson upgraded
kimber custom classic
Springfield loaded
colt m1911a1 commander
kimber custom shop ultra cdp2 officers

I think I've gotten every 1911 pictured from a forum member....

I'm pretty happy with the diversity...i would eventually like to get something more high end...but it's a big step...so here I am for now
20171022_142223.jpg 20171022_142211.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR