JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New Finnbear with a Z3 in 300wm. I cant wait for squirrel huntin:p

IMG_0118_zpslhpctooh.jpg

1895 Chilean Mauser 7mm. Original stock, but cut down. I believe this gun was built before 1897, because of the markings on the receiver.

Dean

If the receiver of the Mauser is marked Loewe, then it's definitely pre-97. If it's marked DWM, then it could be either way, there are no definitive date records remaining...

Mountain Bear,

I found some info on the Chilean Mausers a few years ago that definitely stated that DWM officially started up on 1/1/97.
That gun is marked Loewe and is part of the lot of guns between No.'s 30,000 and 40,000.
I'm thinking, most likely, later half of 1896 is when that gun was completed.

Dean

I like it how in the USA you can openly display your firearms, something that to us in the Old World is unthinkish.

tac

Interesting comment.
I don't see how posting a picture of a couple of gun cabinets is different than inviting you over and showing them off to you in person?
Are you saying that, in Europe, guns are always kept in a closet?

Dean

Interesting comment.
I don't see how posting a picture of a couple of gun cabinets is different than inviting you over and showing them off to you in person?

Are you saying that, in Europe, guns are always kept in a closet?
Dean

While admitting that I don't understand the first part of your post [in italics], firearms here in most of Europe are locked way in secure gun safes when not in use. Even the location of the gun safe is covered by the legalities of firearms ownership. They must not be visible from outside the house or location in which they are installed, and must be bolted to walls and floors with security-grade masonry bolts to reduce the ease of removal. They must also be located in a corner so that no pry-bar can be used against the hinges. It is also not a good idea, wherever they are located, that they are not in the view of occasional visitors to the home. I have three gun safes, in three different, separately-alarmed locations, all linked to a 24/7 monitoring system.

The only place I've ever seen cartridge-firing firearms on open display is inside the gunroom at Sandringham, the Queen's Norfolk residence, but you can be that THEY are not easy to get to at any time.

BTW - these are the current rules in the Republic of Ireland, a country that many of you may have distant connections with -

Firearms Safety and Crime Prevention Issues

Category C – Pistols and Revolvers
Firearms holders should possess a firearms cabinet of approved specification (BS 7558 or higher) in a concealed area within the dwelling and secured to a solid wall or floor.
They should have a lockable storage compartment within the cabinet for ammunition or, alternatively, ammunition should be stored in a separate secure location.
The external doors and windows of the dwelling must be in good condition. Doors should be fitted with 5-lever mortise deadlocks and/or equivalent. Sliding patio doors should be fitted with anti-lifting devices. Accessible windows must be appropriately secured.
The dwelling must be protected with an intruder alarm system (to EN 50131 standard) and connected to a recognised approved monitoring centre to IS 228 standard.
The firearms cabinet must be protected on a 24-hour alarm zone.
The above recommendations reflect good practice in the area of firearm security and are intended to prevent or reduce incidents of death or injury to the public and to prevent the use of legally held firearms in crime. When one considers the annual number of legally held licensed firearms related fatalities combined with the number of licensed firearms which fall into the hands of criminals each year it is felt that these levels of security are reasonable and appropriate.

Inspector Gerry Carroll, Crime Prevention Unit, An Garda Síochána

tac

Last Edited:
...the receiver of the mauser...

Mauser_1895_Chilean_Bill-01.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

tac,

So its a law that you have to keep your guns in an actual armoured safe?
The cabnets I posted earlier are probably 60 years old or older. I don't think we had "gun safes" in this country back then, except maybe in a professional / industrial sense.

Dean

...the receiver of the mauser...

View attachment 379397

--------------------------------------------------

tac,

So its a law that you have to keep your guns in an actual armoured safe?
The cabnets I posted earlier are probably 60 years old or older. I don't think we had "gun safes" in this country back then, except maybe in a professional / industrial sense.

Dean

I love the Chilean Mauser. Those and the swedes. I sold a lightly sportered Chilean last year and still miss it. I have a full military carbine length stock waiting for an action!

I love the Chilean Mauser. Those and the swedes. I sold a lightly sportered Chilean last year and still miss it. I have a full military carbine length stock waiting for an action!
Oh man, I would KILL for a 6.5 Swedish Mauser!
....now wondering if your full-length stock would fit the '98 I've got...I don't think so, but not sure....

Dean

Oh man, I would KILL for a 6.5 Swedish Mauser!
....now wondering if your full-length stock would fit the '98 I've got...I don't think so, but not sure....

Dean

It would fit your 95 Chilean, but not your 98'. I have a 98 action waiting for a stock as well.
I have some very nice sportered swedes, but no originals at the moment. Will need to fix that...

Nope, Springfield mil-spec 1911 that was sent to Wilson Combat for some upgrades and customization. I recently added slim grips. Going in for sights soon.
Wilson did the beavertail, hammer, mainspring housing, trigger (3.5lbs), swapped the recoil system out, fitted the slide to the frame better, and an Armor Tuff finish.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top