JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Utopian Collectivist Mafia will not stop until they are stopped by a greater, more powerful adversary. American gun owners need to become adversarial. No more shuffling cards around trying to play our best hand. This is the disarmament plan in plain sight. The 2A is not about hunting animals and they know it. We need to be just as vocal. Just as obstinate. We need to divest from any organizations that don't support 2A, including the Police Unions and County Sheriffs.

We are The Deplorables, remember? Bitter Clingers. They have already dehumanized us. They have been beating us in the streets in open acts of home grown terrorism. They have been shaming us in the circus media of the idiocracy. There won't be a place to move to in America where you can enjoy your full rights if we lose this fight.

I've sent my first two emails of the season to the bills sponsors.I really hope this bill is so egregious that people will stand up for their rights. I also believe this may be the over the top proposal that will make other legislation look palatable in comparison, like a ten round limit is somehow reasonable. The rest of the legislature will hear from me in more civil and general terms.

Letter
I am writing to let you know that I absolutely object to the bill you have proposed. You're bill simply tramples on the rights of all citizens, Imagine needing a permit to exercise any other constitutional right. It is the modern equivalent of poll testing and taxes.
You must be absolutely delusional if you think that any criminal will limit the size of a magazine, as evidenced by California's ban that has not stopped any shooter from obtaining and using standard capacity magazines in the perpetration of their crimes. Instead the general public will only be more helpless when the insane unleash their evil on the public. I am stunned at your utterly incompetent/ignorant view of the criminal mind.
Of course the issue of ammunition limitations and background checks once again illustrates that competency is not in the job description of state legislator. Only the law abiding would follow such an absurd rule, any criminal and quite a large number of ordinary law abiding citizens will simply skirt the law. Just watch the mortars and fireworks in downtown Portland on any Fourth of July, banned but far from rare. Again any person intent on robbery, rape, murder etc will be the last to honor this misdemeanor. How many paragraphs does the first Amendment allow per month, or is it a spoken word count? It is apparent that you have no respect for our civil rights, or the safety of us little people.
How I store my constitutionally owned private property is none of the governments business, that's one reason why you need a search warrant to enter my home. We already have laws on the books that address negligence, which should be enforced when a person is negligent with any dangerous item. Are you going to introduce legislation holding people responsible for safe kitchen knife storage, should they be locked in a safe until the steak is cooked? Will I be required to call in a police report when I can't find the carving knife at thanksgiving dinner? Lots of people get stabbed and are held up at knifepoint each year. Should I have to contact the sheriff for my knife buying permit and wait a minimum of 14 days after a second background check to get a new carver in time for Christmas. Prima facie absurdity.
In conclusion, I am aware that the end goal of people who propose such utterly dumb and unconstitutional legislation is the total abolition of the second amendment and that my letter will fall on deaf ears [ at least I still don't have to have a permit to write it] I will work as hard as possible to prevent tyrants from continuing to hold office and weaken any of our civil rights.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/11/
oregon-bill-would-require-permits-buy-guns-limit-ammunition/2527929002/

The bill was written by students.

"The bill came from Students for Change, a group of Lake Oswego TEENS formed last year after
the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

They lobbied lawmakers and Gov. Kate Brown last year and pledged to come back this year with a legislative proposal.

Rep. Andrea Salinas, D-Lake Oswego, and Sen. Rob Wagner, D- Tualatin, submitted Senate Bill 501 on their behalf.

Wagner said that it's "probably a long shot that something like this passes in whole cloth,"
but this is the bill the students wanted to put in front of the Legislature."
The Dim-Dems in power in the Ore so-called GVmnt have an old but still not recognized Dis-Ease
called LIB-TARDITIS....

Given the current info on the now defunctified Broward Cty Sheriff tossed under the bus w/ Justification;

this submission is yet another example of how far gone things really are....

Nucking Futz...

I've sent my first two emails of the season to the bills sponsors.I really hope this bill is so egregious that people will stand up for their rights. I also believe this may be the over the top proposal that will make other legislation look palatable in comparison, like a ten round limit is somehow reasonable. The rest of the legislature will hear from me in more civil and general terms.

Letter
I am writing to let you know that I absolutely object to the bill you have proposed. You're bill simply tramples on the rights of all citizens, Imagine needing a permit to exercise any other constitutional right. It is the modern equivalent of poll testing and taxes.
You must be absolutely delusional if you think that any criminal will limit the size of a magazine, as evidenced by California's ban that has not stopped any shooter from obtaining and using standard capacity magazines in the perpetration of their crimes. Instead the general public will only be more helpless when the insane unleash their evil on the public. I am stunned at your utterly incompetent/ignorant view of the criminal mind.
Of course the issue of ammunition limitations and background checks once again illustrates that competency is not in the job description of state legislator. Only the law abiding would follow such an absurd rule, any criminal and quite a large number of ordinary law abiding citizens will simply skirt the law. Just watch the mortars and fireworks in downtown Portland on any Fourth of July, banned but far from rare. Again any person intent on robbery, rape, murder etc will be the last to honor this misdemeanor. How many paragraphs does the first Amendment allow per month, or is it a spoken word count? It is apparent that you have no respect for our civil rights, or the safety of us little people.
How I store my constitutionally owned private property is none of the governments business, that's one reason why you need a search warrant to enter my home. We already have laws on the books that address negligence, which should be enforced when a person is negligent with any dangerous item. Are you going to introduce legislation holding people responsible for safe kitchen knife storage, should they be locked in a safe until the steak is cooked? Will I be required to call in a police report when I can't find the carving knife at thanksgiving dinner? Lots of people get stabbed and are held up at knifepoint each year. Should I have to contact the sheriff for my knife buying permit and wait a minimum of 14 days after a second background check to get a new carver in time for Christmas. Prima facie absurdity.
In conclusion, I am aware that the end goal of people who propose such utterly dumb and unconstitutional legislation is the total abolition of the second amendment and that my letter will fall on deaf ears [ at least I still don't have to have a permit to write it] I will work as hard as possible to prevent tyrants from continuing to hold office and weaken any of our civil rights.
Break into short paragraphs. No one will read a block of text like that.

This kind of childish name-calling is why some don't take us seriously. Perhaps drop the Jr High attitude and show some good arguments instead bashing people you really don't know?

There are just as many idiots, and those with wisdom, on either side of the fence.

Getting along will do so much more.
"instead bashing people you really don't know..."????
"Getting along will do so much more."

With Who?
Would getting along w/ Pelosi or Schumer or Maxine accomplish anything?

These Perpetrators commit Criminal acts when the push THEIR AGENDA UPON US...
So where is the accountability?

Looks like the Kettle is still black.

What makes you think I Don't Really know those people?

The Teen Students are simply doing something that fits today's agenda....

The Corruption in the Ore Gvmnt has definitely gone "BEYOND THE PALE.."
What we are seeing on a National scale, as well as World scale,
has caused very credible educated accredited folks to consider if there is a disease contributing to the literal insanity taking place daily....

One should be careful being "Childish" I suppose.....:(:rolleyes:

And acting like a ignorant fool is going to improve your odds? Of course not. Yeah, you're amongst like-minded folks here, but name-calling solves nothing. Represent intelligence instead of giving piss-n-vinegar. Otherwise anyone in power will never take you seriously. You're just going to look like another stereotypical "gun nut".

So like I say, the kettle is still black...

Most have heard but for those not into the local news Oregon is a democrat dominated government and they plan on several attacks against your 2nd amendment rights. While some may seem benign, I call each adding to the death of the 2nd by 1000 paper cuts. each new little law takes away more of our rights until they no longer exist. below is a link to one of many bills being bandied about.

Some of us have considered another avenue to counter attack so I would like some feedback on them. We (a few friends) propose that if every gun owner, their family and their friends can demonstrate a force of show by simple actions. We pick 2 days, say a Friday and a Wednesday where nobody buys gas. Mondays and Thursdays, nobody buys booze or 420. On Tuesdays and Saturdays nobody plays the lottery. This is a non sacrifice by any of us but it will show Salem politicians that we have a voice, we have some power and we are organized enough to wield it like sword to cut taxable revenue.

Any ideas are welcome. We need to organize to stop these gun grabbers and preserve our rights.

There is also a rally in Salem at the capital the 15th if you can make it.

Oregon bill would require permits to buy guns, limit ammunition
I know this would be hard to do but what if we boycotted hunting and fishing licenses for 2019. If all gun owners in this state refused to buy hunting and fishing licenses for 1 whole year I'm not sure ODFW could operate. Just a suggestion. I do think putting a legal financial squeeze on the state could be one part of an overall strategy.

I hope moderators and the owner of this site are making notice of the events that are transpiring after the election. I realize that nobody wants to be pointing fingers at the responsible parties, however we are well aware of who they are. To ignore these facts are going to keep the division in this group from finding a common ground. I am unsure why we have to be so sensitive towards the opposition? As that party who may have a few firearm owners located here. It's not that these people are not important they are, however to their own parties they have no power or influence whatsoever, and to continue to support a dual partisan ideology is going to remove our rights faster than we can count. I employ the moderators it administrator of this website to take seriously the direction we have right now. It is impossible for us to group on this website , there is no existing website to unify. So all we can do is talk about needing a solid base to work from and expand out. Reading the frustration of so many members shows that this system does not have the ability to unify as the website desires. It does not mean this is a bad idea it simply is not applicable it is taking too long to assimilate its ideas, because meanwhile our rights are being stripped why we're trying to see if we can reach across the aisle and have a common goal there is no time for this right now we need to be taking this serious. I hope the website moderators and administrator will read this and understand I am not insulting this site. I am giving a strong advice to what needs to be done I've seen this before and it doesn't end well in other states. Question is are we going to learn from it, or suffer because of it.
Respectfully, DH, Joe is the owner of a website(s) with a loose set of rules for the members to follow. The moderators are unpaid volunteers that are his eyes and ears in regards to site technical issues and members who violate the site guidelines. Their purpose isn't to be community organizers or political activists.
Not trying to derail, just pointing out that they aren't the problem here.

Then be better than either the kettle or the pot. You don't have to be straight-ticket. I hear some really stupid things from both sides of the gun debate. I have no love for many politicians, regardless of their affiliation. But change my mind often, based upon new information.

Heck, I used to think Dana Loesch was da bomb... until she started promoting Super Beets, lol.
View attachment 536853

We're most likely on the same page here,
but after almost 6 decades of witnessing this same kind of FRAUD Perpetrated on
"We the People" and those who fit "Sheeple" just keep on truckin with their program...

This crap has caused too much suffering..

Being Scholarly and nice to the likes of Kate, et-al, only allows them to continue..

Previously I sent emails to every member of both houses and the executive branch,
and certain jurists involved,
listing 6 criminal acts that THEY were ALL committing "Allegedly just doing their jobs!"

And yes it was all 2A related.

And for them it is business as usual, but, if allowed to continue this cancer will
metastasize and as if things aren't already bad enuf....

So after nearly 6 decades of observing the same MO and trying to do my part,
only to watch things slide sideways,
well, I have no more lint in my naval for such corruption..

How far are we as a nation from waking up to another
"When in the course of human events...."

If one can find on the Net: "The Petition to the King" from 10 Oct 1765's
"THE DECLARATIONS AND PETITIONS of the STAMP ACT CONGRESS",
well, it is all there in that Petition to the king...

I know I still have a copy, had abt 100 printed up for distribution 30 yrs ago.

But this is something THEY don't teach in school,
Curious that one can't find the Petition to the king on the Net....
Eh Wat?:);)

Last Edited:
MUCH better! Not that my opinion matters much, but if I were anti-gun, I'd be much more open to that response than another "lib-tart" spewing of political vomit. All that does is close down the debate and further divides us.

All my best sir.

Thank you for that, but w/ some folks they need a bit of a cage rattle in order to wake up...

And That is fortunately happening more and more..

Those Denial Shades don't necessarily automatically come sliding down so easily, once tuned in...:cool:

Sweet.
And a good point abt where to put yer loot...;)

The last time I joined anything it was the US Hang glider assn,
and the Ore HG Assn.

Before that it was 28 Oct 1966 when I joined the Army...

"So, on the 8th Day, God Created Armored Cavalry"..:):):rolleyes:

Way past me bedtime...:);)

It is going to take a go fund me site, with hundreds or millions of dollars, lawsuits, etc.
, to fend the liberal Oregon legislature.

The 20 rounds per month will make it impossible to practice. 5 round mags? Revolvers will be the only logical choice.

A lot of these bills appear to be throwaways, so they can appear to be reasonable.

20 rounds a month. Nothing but premium ammo will be packaged like that.

Gun owners must get together and choose 20 liberal lawmakers around this state. Ones who are in conservative lawmakers

With numerous new taxation bills, including bills where taxpayers have voted NO on new taxes: These two issues may galvanize recalls.

The 20 lawmakers can be whittled down to 2-5 strongest choices for recalls. This would seem the best way,to me, to put fear into the lawmakers, to put a chill on their absurd ideas.

Thoughts?

Oregon bill would require permits to buy guns, limit ammunition

"Wagner said the students did all the research for the bill and he hasn't looked much into its constitutionality. "

He didnt read it. If the students are the authors and want to learn about taking rights away they should be required to sit before a Q&A and answer for the bill.

I think we discussed this last year but you guys need to author and bring your own bills to your reps and insist they submit them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top