JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WTF? Even NY backed off its proposed 7 round mag limit realizing it was too restrictive to pass a legal challenge. The legislators submitting this bill have little intellectual knowledge of the constitution and the protections it provides. This is a polite way of saying, they are dumber than dirt.

Oregon bill would require permits to buy guns, limit ammunition

"Wagner said the students did all the research for the bill and he hasn't looked much into its constitutionality. "

He didnt read it. If the students are the authors and want to learn about taking rights away they should be required to sit before a Q&A and answer for the bill.

Mother of God! The unholy combination of unmitigated idiocy and unconstitutionality that this insanity represents leaves me at a loss of words. And those that are coming to mind would not be fitting for this venue.

I want say "thank you" to the forum for this thread. I pretty much stay off forums anymore. However I was pissed yesterday when I received an NRA/ILA alert about the proposed bills. I came back here to see what others thoughts were.

I think one of the best things we can do is to e-mail our state reps and senators. Be short, to the point, and respectful. No insults, arrogance, or condenscending tone—you know, pretty much the opposite of what is normal in forums. ;) Not every liberal is anti-gun and not every democrat is liberal—that is often hard for me remember.

Next we should support organizations that fight for us, even if the don't do everything exactly the way we like. The NRA has probably done more to preserve 2A rights than any other organization, period.

For this fight I am ging to join OFF. I probably should have done this in 2007 when I retired from the USAF and got a job back home in Oregon.

Spent a long, hard day taking care of things on our land, so didn't do much "in the office" work. Tomorrow I'm going to draft up a letter to my state representative, who is a pro-2A guy, to see what we can do. And cut a check to OOC. I've already renewed OFF for the year, all four souls in this household are NRA members, and my ASA membership should be current.

(Lots of snipping)

Perhaps I can answer this or help.

First, with a Dem majority nearly anything can pass...
...Now with a breath taken, it wont pass as many of those Senators own firearms, and there is no exclusion built in, so that means everyone, including off duty Leos. Its good news and bad, they went so far that it wont pass and is so wide its unenforceable.
Of course the NRA and OFF no it has no chance in passing, but when it doesn't pass they will say its a win. A few laws come up so over the top even the Dems no its not possible. Is there a chance? Yes, but its very unlikely.
What is needed is protest, but wont happen as gun owners are just to passive to know what losing a civil right means.
It not a joke at all, and is something very few if any unerstand and are even taking serious.....

Thank you. I guess I'm 'using' your answer as a form of confirmation bias, and I know that you're correct. I don't think a piece of law this widely over-reaching and shoddily written (w/ evidently very little research) could ever pass - but we're all aware of horror stories in 'other places'.

I frankly was overjoyed to see the judge in CA give a 'stay of execution' to standard capacity magazines down there, and on the other hand, horrified to see that NJ and NY are over-the-top hostile toward firearm owners.

Thank you for your reply.

True...until they read your posting! Shhhh.....
:)

Beat me to it GameMaster....

Folks, we need to stop making things easier for the other side. Why give them the keys to the castle ?
Can they get technical information on their own ?​

Sure they can and are working on that every day.​

Do they always start with a rudimentary knowledge of firearms technology ?
Reading some initial drafts of their work product suggests no.
Most of us already take it for granted that our forum posts are routinely read by those who would strip away our rights. They must be better than a "Cliff Notes" guide to a technical manual for them. Where better to get the best information on their oversights if not from us ?

Remember the Brady Bill ?​
They thought they had ended the evil black rifle by killing the flash hider and bayonet lug, until they saw "compliant" models coming out, making their ban efforts a joke.. They learned that lesson from us before the "Sunset" ever came. You can bet that there are numerous pimple faced Bloomberg funded "researchers" working to prevent that from happening again.

Know thy enemy...don't assist them. Read Saul's Rules.....

Last Edited:
Beat me to it GameMaster....

Folks, we need to stop making things easier for the other side. Why give them the keys to the castle ?
Can they get technical information on their own ?​

Sure they can and are working on that every day.​

Do they always start with a rudimentary knowledge of firearms technology ?
Reading some initial drafts of their work product suggests no.
Most of us already take it for granted that our forum posts are routinely read by those who would strip away our rights. They must be better than a "Cliff Notes" guide to a technical manual for them. Where better to get the best information on their oversights if not from us ?

Remember the Brady Bill ?​
They thought they had ended the evil black rifle by killing the flash hider and bayonet lug, until they saw "compliant" models coming out, making their ban efforts a joke.. They learned that lesson from us before the "Sunset" ever came. You can bet that there are numerous pimple faced Bloomberg funded "researchers" working to prevent that from happening again.

Know thy enemy...don't assist them. Read Saul's Rules.....

Good stuff, maybe send a copy to OFF, as they are clueless of these facts

Good stuff, maybe send a copy to OFF, as they are clueless of these facts

Well that would definitely be a sorry statement on the state of our hopes if the anti's are better versed on the comments we make here than OFF is. Perhaps a flickering remnant of optimism on my part. :eek: Thanks for the comment though.

Well that would definitely be a sorry statement on the state of our hopes if the anti's are better versed on the comments we make here than OFF is. Perhaps a flickering remnant of optimism on my part. :eek: Thanks for the comment though.

OFF once served a purpose, and even commanded influence and power. They never learned to adapt to the fight.
Why the opposition now uses flamethrowers, and Napalm, OFF used stones and sticks. I know people think I am bashing them all the time. I am not, they are just ill equipped to fight true left liberals. Maybe cause Kevin is getting too old and is disconnected from what is really going. He is always surrounded with like minded people and that may be his downfall. My fear is people thinking they will help save rights, and they wont. Having a false hope is not good and we keep doing it.

Id like to take this time to thank those of you Oregon gun owners here that keep voting demrats

with logic like I can vote demrats and still vote against gun control
the republicans are rhinos that will sell you out
Trump, Trump,Trump,Trump,Trump,Trump
and the various ludicrous leftist talking points

FROGS IN THE POT THAT VOTED TO TURN UP THE HEAT :(

Glad I left the state

frog_n.jpg

If we have to hide our guns at home because we have all been turned into criminals over night by demrats .......

Every gun owner especially you democrats begin to OPEN CARRY EVERYDAY AS OF NOW!!....make everyone nervous for just being a law abiding citizen work double time & think .......whats going on here

I say we make life miserable for Oregonians just like they have been doing to law abiding citizens

if they make all our guns illegal, we should all walk around with a BIG machetes on our belts.......in full view it would make them piss their snowflake panties till they wish we had our guns back that they could not see

Washingtonians. your up....check your open blade laws

If we have to hide our guns at home because we have all been turned into criminals over night by demrats .......

Every gun owner especially you democrats begin to OPEN CARRY EVERYDAY AS OF NOW!!....make everyone nervous for just being a law abiding citizen work double time & think .......whats going on here

I say we make life miserable for Oregonians just like they have been doing to law abiding citizens

if they make all our guns illegal, we should all walk around with a BIG machetes on our belts.......in full view it would make them piss their snowflake panties till they wish we had our guns back that they could not see

Washingtonians. your up....check your open blade laws

Open rebellion, could be interesting, could turn gun owners into targets...

Typically not for open carry, might be something to think about...

Machete and hatchet open carry... Wonder what would happen...

dont twist my words because you dont like the idea, maybe this is why your loosing your rights, your all scared of demrats

I DIDNT SAY REBELLION, LAWFUL OPEN CARRY !....OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL at this point in time

instead of everyone running their mouths about a civil war they are ready for....it would be better than you guys rolling over............. let em see what will happen ....YOU ALL open carry machete if they infringe

Last Edited:
We are a long way off from the conclusion of this idiocy. Parts or all of SB501 may or may not get passed. With or without revision. But even to have proposed such nonsense is a very dangerous thing. Our Demo-nist Kings Queens and Lords have exposed their betrayal of the laws and constitution they so brazenly swore to uphold. As mentioned above, our letters will fall on deaf ears, but the volume should at least get their attention. My hope is that somewhere out there are some attorneys already preparing to sue Oregon over this atrocity. Just on the face of this proposal is the absolute disdain and bigotry the power elite has for law abiding voting tax-paying American citizens who own firearms. (What Second Amendment?) These are the same entities that had Finicum mowed down. I think Kate wants ....no salivates .... for her own Waco/Ruby Ridge. In my life Oregon has gone from a proud land of the free/ home of the brave/ home of free hunters and fishermen... to a place where you can come from any place in the world, any way you can get here, and tax payers will fund your abortion at any stage of a pregnancy, while you smoke some Oregon weed, and maybe get a little protest time in Portland. This is not the Oregon I was raised in nor the Oregon I raised and educated 6 children. We will participate in the resistance against this travisty until our last U-Haul goes across the border. Yeah....keep voting for 'em.

Jade 12-2 .

SB501 is nothing more than a firearm ban in OR. The liberal demonrats knew they could not get away with that, so instead they basically ban factory standard magazines with capacities greater than five rounds which will eliminate the use of 99% of semi-auto firearms. Note that you can keep the firearm per this bill, but must get rid of the magazine that it comes with from the factory.

And as a back-up ban ammo too. I consider a 20 round limit per month to be a de-facto ammo ban.

until our last U-Haul goes across the border.

Where you gonna go? All the free states either have been or are currently being infiltrated by gun haters. Imagine a Texas with Australia style gun laws. Imagine a Utah with UK gun laws. Imagine Boise full of granolas and Boulder gun bans. Imagine Reno with no hookers. o_O

Where you gonna go? All the free states either have been or are currently being infiltrated by gun haters. Imagine a Texas with Australia style gun laws. Imagine a Utah with UK gun laws. Imagine Boise full of granolas and Boulder gun bans. Imagine Reno with no hookers. o_O
Exactly! This is why the running away option dosent really work. Just think that less than 20 years ago a Californian could have fled CA to OR or WA to get away from fascist gun laws and now they are facing the same thing. Don't you think ID or WY are next. When doesn't it stop? Also I have a natural distain for being driven from my home by a bunch of out of staters that are only here because they couldn't afford retirement in their home state! My kids are 5 gen Oregunians I plan on staying and doing everything in my power to turn this state around!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top