JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene, said he sees the 2018 election — in which Democrats took supermajorities in both legislative chambers — as a mandate from the voters to come up with more progressive solutions to problems.

Prozanski, who has long served in the Senate, said he's hoping more bills are brought to this floor this session to allow for a more robust discussion. He's hoping lawmakers have the chance to vote on a slate of bills reforming the state's criminal justice system even if there isn't bipartisan support for some.
The Fight To Push The Oregon Senate To The Left Begins

Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene, said he sees the 2018 election — in which Democrats took supermajorities in both legislative chambers — as a mandate from the voters to come up with more progressive solutions to problems.

Prozanski, who has long served in the Senate, said he's hoping more bills are brought to this floor this session to allow for a more robust discussion. He's hoping lawmakers have the chance to vote on a slate of bills reforming the state's criminal justice system even if there isn't bipartisan support for some.
The Fight To Push The Oregon Senate To The Left Begins

They'lll get it too with very minimal resistance from the current seats they hold too. Again I say these numerous bills they've posted are an attempt to shotgun and see what sticks at the wall. they know we can't be everywhere at once nor can our wallets so its a pick your poison scenario from the state side. Going with that they have reinforcements from groups who brought us IP43/44 to flank us and canvas for AWB+LCM bans to be reviewed and pushed in along with whats been mentioned before. They hold 3/5's majority so they can make and pass things without any Republican input. The benefits of being a supermajority, throw in the groups and those who like to signal with wealthy donations its now literally US vs THEM - whose got the deeper pockets and whose got the most time to give to the cause.

I get that these bills are only in introduction stage but thats enough to come off winning mid terms with high hopes and morale is all im saying. If i were them i'd be pretty gung-ho with little worry. One or two bills aint going to stop us but if they keep adding more and more eventually we have to decide where to concentrate efforts. Not to mention they are well aware not all gun owners see eye to eye on issues so it wont be hard to try and drive wedges or divide/split us on how we go about wanting to preserve the 2A.

Show up people!! The 2ndA is a Civil Right. Think what the Blacks would do if they were denied their voting rights!! We Need to make ourselves heard!!!!!!

And what exactly is this holding hands with unity hugs supposed to do?
Since when do Americans meet to rally for thier civil rights...............its called a protest.
We are never ever going to get it are we......we are so screwed. People do not even know what they are fighting for.
Maybe Elvis will show up, and we can listen to everyone motivate people.......................thats not how.
Gees even Hogg Boy, knows how to get things done. Oregon I think deserves to lose rights we
simply do not take any of this serious. You rally for School funding, you rally for lower taxes.
How stupid would it be if people had a rally for their First Amendment rights? Wede all laugh like they lost their minds.
You losing a Civil Right, means you know longer matter if they take it from you.

Senator Wagner represents Tualatin, District 19. Representative Salinas for Lake Oswego, District 38. They sponsored this bill for the cause of the "children", Students for Change.

This a curious statement. The legislation is being sponsored on behalf of a 501 C3 organization run by 4 Parkland Class of 2019 students running a webpage to solicit funds for "education" about issues that effect students...Things might be different in Oregon but aren't your representatives first priority to their State's constituates and not outside interest groups?

If so, tell them!

"We the people" can't stand for this..
So "they" want to circumvent the 2nd ammeamend, turn "law abiding" civilians into criminals and simultaneously give criminals (who don't abide the law) an "unfair advantage" to cause us harm after "we" are disarmed.?? And what about that oath they took when being sworn into office.?
What's unfortunate is that the majority of gun owners are employeed & the "gun community" does not have "paid protesters". Furthermore dispensing our grievances here won't accomplish anything unless we organize, take the day off put on a hunting vest and protest in Salem !!
If someone has the skill set to put something together (organized campaign) you can count me in. What I find the MOST TERRIFYING is that our RIGHTS & LIBERTIES are attack from within our own country (state in this case) vs foreign Invaders.
Or did I miss something.?????

Most have heard but for those not into the local news Oregon is a democrat dominated government and they plan on several attacks against your 2nd amendment rights. While some may seem benign, I call each adding to the death of the 2nd by 1000 paper cuts. each new little law takes away more of our rights until they no longer exist. below is a link to one of many bills being bandied about.

Some of us have considered another avenue to counter attack so I would like some feedback on them. We (a few friends) propose that if every gun owner, their family and their friends can demonstrate a force of show by simple actions. We pick 2 days, say a Friday and a Wednesday where nobody buys gas. Mondays and Thursdays, nobody buys booze or 420. On Tuesdays and Saturdays nobody plays the lottery. This is a non sacrifice by any of us but it will show Salem politicians that we have a voice, we have some power and we are organized enough to wield it like sword to cut taxable revenue.

Any ideas are welcome. We need to organize to stop these gun grabbers and preserve our rights.

There is also a rally in Salem at the capital the 15th if you can make it.

Oregon bill would require permits to buy guns, limit ammunition

If someone has the skill set to put something together (organized campaign) you can count me in. What I find the MOST TERRIFYING is that our RIGHTS & LIBERTIES are attack from within our own country (state in this case) vs foreign Invaders.
Or did I miss something.?????

Me too. I feel like a caged tiger, pacing back and forth in my cage (house), so much energy and desire to defeat this (once and for all) but nothing to focus it, no unifying organization. How much more energy is out there just being dissipated as useless heat due to lack of a proper organization? I wish I was a leader, but I'm not. But I'll give a good leader my everything, especially for a cause as important as this.

Me too. I feel like a caged tiger, pacing back and forth in my cage (house), so much energy and desire to defeat this (once and for all) but nothing to focus it, no unifying organization. How much more energy is out there just being dissipated as useless heat due to lack of a proper organization? I wish I was a leader, but I'm not. But I'll give a good leader my everything, especially for a cause as important as this.

2019 Bills OOC is Working On

Use this thread and help contribute to OOC. They along with other great people around here helped defeat IP43/44 last year so its PROVEN they can get things done.

We could push for removal from office for violating their Oath to the US and Oregon Constitution. WE could push to see them prosecuted for sedition, and treason. We could push for prosecutions under 18 USC 241, "Conspiracy against Rights".
:s0042:
So far this is the only post in 7 pages of this thread that I would get behind! An actual possible solution to the problem! Marching on the Capital? This explains why we as a "gun community" are in this position. The Elites in salem don't give a tinker's d@@m about you, your opinion, how you vote or what you think. We are viewed with the utmost contempt and disgust by these politicians. Rallying, protesting, marching or whatever you want to call it will serve no purpose other than to waste more time! Flame on!

This is so off-the-charts as to make Tucker Carlson Tonight at the 25:30 mark (preceded by Sheriff Israel's justly-deserved suspension). Good points made.

BOSS

I hope moderators and the owner of this site are making notice of the events that are transpiring after the election. I realize that nobody wants to be pointing fingers at the responsible parties, however we are well aware of who they are. To ignore these facts are going to keep the division in this group from finding a common ground. I am unsure why we have to be so sensitive towards the opposition? As that party who may have a few firearm owners located here. It's not that these people are not important they are, however to their own parties they have no power or influence whatsoever, and to continue to support a dual partisan ideology is going to remove our rights faster than we can count. I employ the moderators it administrator of this website to take seriously the direction we have right now. It is impossible for us to group on this website , there is no existing website to unify. So all we can do is talk about needing a solid base to work from and expand out. Reading the frustration of so many members shows that this system does not have the ability to unify as the website desires. It does not mean this is a bad idea it simply is not applicable it is taking too long to assimilate its ideas, because meanwhile our rights are being stripped why we're trying to see if we can reach across the aisle and have a common goal there is no time for this right now we need to be taking this serious. I hope the website moderators and administrator will read this and understand I am not insulting this site. I am giving a strong advice to what needs to be done I've seen this before and it doesn't end well in other states. Question is are we going to learn from it, or suffer because of it.

I didn't read all the post so someone might have already said this.
The best part is this BILL
Was made up by a bunch of CRYING HIGH SCHOOL KIDS .
lol

I learned a new word tonight that might apply to many of our assault politicians:

kak·i·sto·cra·cy
/kakəˈstäkrəsē/
noun
  1. government by the least suitable or competent citizens of a state.
    "the danger is that this will reduce us to kakistocracy"
    • a state or society governed by its least suitable

I don't mean to name call, but it does seems to fit. We have replaced part time citizen politicians with full time apparatchiks

Ok, make that two new words :)

I learned a new word tonight that might apply to many of our assault politicians:

kak·i·sto·cra·cy
/kakəˈstäkrəsē/
noun
  1. government by the least suitable or competent citizens of a state.
    "the danger is that this will reduce us to kakistocracy"
    • a state or society governed by its least suitable

I don't mean to name call, but it does seems to fit. We have replaced part time citizen politicians with full time apparatchiks

Ok, make that two new words :)

I would add Peter Principle and Dunning Kruger effect.
Peter principle - Wikipedia
Dunning–Kruger effect - Wikipedia

Some of us have considered another avenue to counter attack so I would like some feedback on them. We (a few friends) propose that if every gun owner, their family and their friends can demonstrate a force of show by simple actions. We pick 2 days, say a Friday and a Wednesday where nobody buys gas. Mondays and Thursdays, nobody buys booze or 420. On Tuesdays and Saturdays nobody plays the lottery. This is a non sacrifice by any of us but it will show Salem politicians that we have a voice, we have some power and we are organized enough to wield it like sword to cut taxable revenue.

Oregon bill would require permits to buy guns, limit ammunition
IIRC, that was tried back in California when gas taxes were raised. Don't buy gas on a given day, the problem was everybody just bought it the next day so guys had an easy day followed by a busy day
Net result? 0, as in bagel, as in Zero.
The only boycott that might work would be the lotto because that one day and it has to be a lotto day skipped as in nobody buys a ticket for a Saturday drawing As in you don't buy that ticket, period. Don't buy it on any other day I mean that lotto sales for all drawings on say, Saturday the 19th take a big hit. Use the money to buy ammo or something else but nobody buys a ticket for that day Somebody else may win as a result, but that's the sacrifice. A few million bucks fail to enter the lotto coffers along with publicity as to why AND what was done with the money instead could make a splash.
So help your LGS, deny the government your money in what is essentially a voluntary tax anyway, and maybe make a politician or 2 pull their heads out of their asses.

^^Donate ALL the ticket money to Shriners, ASPCA, or some other (pick one!) and make it known. If Make-Wish-Foundation had a $2,000,000 donation day thanks to the law abiding gun owners of OR, that might be worth a FB or media other coverage. But that would require getting a lot of folks on board (forums, ranges, gunshops, etc) and planning in advance...so maybe March 1st or something.

Or set up a GFM account, and then turn it over...

Such would be a large step toward positively changing the image of the law abiding gun owner in OR (and the PNW).

You all may recall the NRA netted about $2.4M last March (after the Florida shooting).

BOSS

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top