JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Oregon GOP state senators who staged walkout over abortion can't run for reelection, high court says.
The Oregon Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that 10 Republican state senators are ineligible to run for reelection after they participated in a quorum-denying walkout for six weeks last year to stall legislation on abortion, transgender treatments and firearms.

The idea that 50.01% of a state can make a rule that affects how a district in that state can choose a representative is BS. If the people in the district don't like that their senator walked out and prevented a quorum (a long standing and used by both parties tactic) they can elect a different senator. As it is now those districts should elect more guaranteed to walk out senators...

I mean, didn't they pass a law saying that if you walked out you couldn't run for reelection? So in response these folks walked out?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I mean, didn't they pass a law saying that if you walked out you couldn't run for reelection? So in response these folks walked out?

They didn't walk out in response to the rule. They walked out to prevent FAR LEFT LEGISLATION on abortion, trans medical crap, and firearms from progressing.

The only way we're going to get ahead is to vote in a majority.

That being said, I would think that it's a great idea for those that can't run in this election cycle, to step down and have an appointee move into their seat, and then run as an incumbent. The dems do it all the time. We'll see it soon with Oregon supreme court justices. Same with the AG. If I'm not mistaken, Rosenblum has already announced her resignation, or will soon.

You are correct, but the measure was sold to voters as "make politicians show up for work!", preying on voters ignorance about how the system works (specifically the quorum requirement). It's obvious why they chose to propose the measure as they did. Simply that changing the quorum requirement wouldn't have been popular because anybody with a basic education in politics and history can understand how a 2/3rd quorum creates an additional check and balance to our political system. They were purposely disingenuous with what they were presenting to the public.

Had they just been open and honest and said "We want to propose a constitutional amendment changing the quorum from 2/3rds to a simple majority", and put that before the voters, then I wouldn't have an issue with it. I think it was slimy how the measure was painted as making politicians "do their jobs" even though that was just a diversion tactic.

Not sure why others oppose it but that's why I do.

Here we go, another one for castration of teen boys, cutting off the breasts of teen girls, and abortion for all kids without parental knowledge. All of the medical treatments with ZERO liability for the practitioners. If there was anything worth walking out for, I believe this may be what qualifies. But you do you.

LOL - look at who agrees that chemical castration is good for little boys. There is a special place in hell for pedofiles.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top