JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WE need to start holding these businesses responsible for thier decisions. It is thier right to make the rules as to thier customers on thier property but if they are going to ensure thier customers are unarmed then they should be repsonsible for what ever happens on thier grounds. If an event occurs and they cannot protect thier clintelle they shpuld be sued for negligence at a minimum. If they wont let me protect myself they had better damn welll do it.

Personally I choose to protect myself but I am not the one making the rules.
Good luck with that. "We" can't even keep people from going to Costco, let alone the hospital.

When I use the pharmacy the security guards hang out at the opposite end of the hospital behind 2 closed doors. For them to waddle over to the pharmacy area could take as long as police showing up in cars. I've seen security but I don't recall if they are armed or not.

What I have seen of hospital security, in my opinion they're more or less worthless. The hospitals don't want to get sued so security doesn't go hands on unless someone is getting assaulted, maybe. My last trip to ER at 2am, two separate cases of adult man babies, one was on the floor crying and the other was acting like a spoiled 2yo. Security was playing to their level. Oh, come on now. For me, if you have the energy to do that, you ain't sick. Bye.

Private businesses can do what they want.

This is America. We don't get to cherry pick certain rights/morals/ethics/social issues and force them onto everyone in a private setting. All while crying when we don't agree with other rules/rights/issues are enforced.

Public vs. Private

This is America. We don't get to cherry pick certain rights/morals/ethics/social issues and force them onto everyone in a private setting. All while crying when we don't agree with other rules/rights/issues are enforced.

Public vs. Private
Yep. I support private business I agree with......I don't shop at target or drink bud light!

Just a week ago I went into St. Vincent's ER to accompany a relative. I left my pistol in my car, but their metal detector discovered my pocket knife. As a condition of entry, I surrendered the knife and picked it up on my way out.

Just a week ago I went into St. Vincent's ER to accompany a relative. I left my pistol in my car, but their metal detector discovered my pocket knife. As a condition of entry, I surrendered the knife and picked it up on my way out.
Adventist ER has been doing it for awhile too. But the general hospital is open? Don't know what good it does with a person sitting there unarmed playing on their phone. I don't think they can stop much.except a pocket knife.

I was not in a position to be sneaky or confrontational. I was accompanying my stroked out relative, who died while in their care.

I entered the same hospital 20 times over the next week, and nowhere except the ER had a metal detector.

I was not in a position to be sneaky or confrontational. I was accompanying my stroked out relative, who died while in the hospital.

I entered the same hospital 20 times over the next week, and nowhere except the ER had a metal detector.
I've noticed that as well. It's only ERs. The standard medical buildings have cute stickers about "no weapons" but there is no enforcement/metal detectors/searches/security.

Are hospitals public buildings?
It depends on the hospital. Some are public and some are private... although the vast majority are private. They are only public when owned by the gooberment and their budget supported by tax dollars.

A lot of hospitals are doing this. Probably because there has been a spike in shootings at hospitals.
Probably because most hospitals Administrators are now in the liberal camp.

Look how many bowed to the Vax and Mask mandates. As medical doctors, them above all others should have known that it was all BS. . Some hospitals never got rid of the mask mandate.

Public vs. Private
Yep. I support private business I agree with......I don't shop at target or drink bud light!
^^^Correct.

My house, my rules.

Hummm........I'm wondering.

So, if they, The Hospital (mind you that many normally take Fed Govt money), makes the decision to make everyone entering the facility a TARGET. Does that also mean that they'll accept ALL LIABILITY for injuries (psychological and real) and death(s).......that is the result (should a gunman start shooting up the place)?

Mind you that suing the Government might be difficult. Unlike suing a private business.

But then....
There are business that are also thought of as a "Public Accommodation/Entity".........that are given "special privileges and protections" by the Govt. All while hiding behind the vail, that the are PRIVATE.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany