JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a fun story, that might help when choosing what to keep in the car with you...
My last road trip of last year was to to hills outside of Prineville, OR to stay the weekend with my aunt and uncle and teach my 80+ YO uncle how to operate his newly acquired AR15 and SIG P938
In the car was....
(1) glock 19x
(1) Glock 45 mos with Agency threaded barrel and comp+ Leupold DPP
(1) Glock 17 with Zev everything and Leupold DPP
(1) 8.3" barreled 300 BO AR pistol lovingly named Scarlett
(1) 11.5" Geissele super duty AR 5.56 pistol(very very Gucci'd)
(1) 16" rather plain 5.56 AR15 carbine
(1)B&T GHM9 compact(my preferred truck gun...it fits nicely in the map pocket behind the passenger seat)
(1)Silencerco Hybrid46 suppressor
(1) Ops core maritime Fast Balistic helmet w/Wilcox mount
Peltor ComTac 5's and a Surefire M340
(1)PVS 14 GEN3 night vision monocular
(30)ish assorted mags for above pews
(Plenty) of Ammo

On the way home I had major pain spasm from a pleural effusion in my left lung that sent me into a ditch and my car went airborn rolled and landed upside down....
Hanging upside down in my mangled car, I made sure to tell the first responders "FYI... there are a few firearms in here, but none are loaded, and I'm not a psycho... I was just out shooting with my uncle."
The first responders wouldn't load my stuff into the ambulance unfortunately.. some bs about I was just in a violent crash, time was of the essence, and no guns in the ambulance, or hospital...so I had to leave 10's of Ks worth of stuff in an upside down car with busted out widows. The state patrol showed up after I left to the ER, but one of them came to visit me while I was VERY high on Ketamine, and told me I can come claim my "Impressive Arsenal" when I get out.
Not only were they very cool about it... when I went in to get them, they were neatly spread out over a huge conference table and everybody in the station was Loving the cool show and tell. Asked me for build advice, what parts I like. They were like kids in a candy store& I felt like a rockstar... only I was literally just in a violent car crash, it wasn't just a really bad hangover that felt like I was.(and unbeknownst to me an infection was brewing in my left thoracic that would lead to the most painful experience of my life..cause of the pain spasm that led to the crash)
Morale of the story, Don't ride dirty, because anything could happen...and so long as you have Cool guns in the car, and they are all legal, and you have a CPL, and documentation for your supressor(a photo of my stamp on my cell phone was sufficient for OSP) you should be OK no matter how many you have...
oh... a thin blue line sticker on your roof tub during the hight of defund riots doesnt hurt either I'm sure:s0094:

80137865-22B0-429D-9012-98436104238B.jpeg This! No one says crap! No one looks twice and it solves any problem! I also don't divert! Not high capacity magazine so Cali can't say squat :D

I drove to NY this summer with my daughter. Because of magazine restrictions in various places I took my G-17 with some 10 round magazines purchased just for the trip.

I think Mygrainman and I would get along well!

I think most of you would have an anurism over what I have when I have to drive through Portland or anywhere close let alone an actual trip!

It may be worth mentioning here that in some states having a loaded magazine is considered the same as the weapon being loaded.:s0001:

So if the state you are traveling thru has laws against a loaded rifle in a car it may also be illegal to have magazines loaded for it. Now if the only weapons in the car are pistols and you can legal carry a loaded pistol in said state loaded magazines should be good to go, just insure you aren't carrying rifles in the car that use the same magazine.

In other words, AR pistols rock.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR