JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been to Coarsegold and used to live in a non-LA, non-SF city. The foothills are a pretty area. The statewide taxes and laws affect the entire state, so even though the trash and crowding are lessened the quality of life is affected.

When I plan a vacation the last thing I'm thinking about is how many guns am I going to bring. I'm way more into enjoying the trip. Isn't that what vacation is supposed to be? Or do some use it as a reason to LARP?
This is a gun forum, full of supposedly folks who have an above-average interest in firearms.

I'm not understanding your attacking tone in this thread of the discussion of the appropriate number and type of firearms to bring on a road trip, which exposes one on such a trip to a wider array of hazards and criminal types not normally encountered in their normal community.

It's obvious that you think anything other than a small pistol while traveling thousands of miles through all sorts of terrain, communities, and situations is silly, and that even bothering to think about proper self-defense measures is somehow offensive to you.

Perhaps this thread is not for you? :s0092:

This is a gun forum, full of supposedly folks who have an above-average interest in firearms.

I'm not understanding your attacking tone in this thread of the discussion of the appropriate number and type of firearms to bring on a road trip, which exposes one on such a trip to a wider array of hazards and criminal types not normally encountered in their normal community.

It's obvious that you think anything other than a small pistol while traveling thousands of miles through all sorts of terrain, communities, and situations is silly, and that even bothering to think about proper self-defense measures is somehow offensive to you.

I also like to bring a plate carrier and nods - what fun is it to own it if you only ever leave it in the safe.

Welp my opinion is shared by a few others here too. I'm allowed to post it just like you are allowed to post yours.

didn't you ask what others would bring? Why are you getting so defensive about people saying they would bring less? You acting superior because your bringing a pistol and rifle really doesn't get you any forum points. It Only Makes you seem paranoid and delusional.

My girlfriend and I will be driving my SUV from Washington, through Idaho, then Utah, then Nevada, and finally Arizona.

Biggest threat the entire trip will be humans.
Watch a few Active Self Protection videos to mentally prepare.

Over 3 months in 1978, I rode my motorcycle around 38 states, mostly alone. Took my .45 ACP Combat Commander. Thank the Lord, I still had all my ammo upon arriving home. Even without a pillow, I slept well.

I bought a ruger ranch bolt gun in 350 Legend, in case the rv takes us into the empire of the Golden State Sun, Commifornia. A couple wheel guns for close in. Spetznaz titanium shovel close at hand too.

For massive blunt force trauma I like to take along my Ram 3500 long bed. Aside from that, I keep my Ruger LC9 with me while I drive, and I keep my Glock 20 and either my Henry 45/70 or my Marlin 30/30 in my fifth wheel.

didn't you ask what others would bring? Why are you getting so defensive about people saying they would bring less? You acting superior because your bringing a pistol and rifle really doesn't get you any forum points. It Only Makes you seem paranoid and delusional.
Why on earth would I get defensive over being called paranoid and delusional for bringing a rifle with me on a road trip?

Hmmm...

As we go thru life we all play possible scenarios in our minds and how to react to them. Not all scenarios are the same nor are all reactions the same either.

Agreed. And I'm pretty sure I was actually DEFENDING those that want to pack rifles earlier in this thread.

Why on earth would I get defensive over being called paranoid and delusional for bringing a rifle with me on a road trip?

Hmmm...

pretty sure it started before that got mentioned.

The valley I live in has seen a huge fluctuation of Mexicans this last summer. A lot are cartel. You can tell by the blacked out trucks with Sinaloa plates. If I need more firepower I don't get out on the internet and tell everyone then get defensive when a member mentions it might be to much.

Agreed. And I'm pretty sure I was actually DEFENDING those that want to pack rifles earlier in this thread.
For me, it''s a matter of ranging, if my perceived needs for a firearm in a given scenario is less than 100 yards then I'm thinking full sized handgun. Beyond that I'm thinking scoped high power bolt rifle.

For me, it''s a matter of ranging, if my perceived needs for a firearm in a given scenario is less than 100 yards then I'm thinking full sized handgun. Beyond that I'm thinking scoped high power bolt rifle.

I might pack a rifle for certain situations but I can...AND DO....take trips and enjoy the scenery without my AR, body armor and hundreds of rounds. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top