JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What cameras do you have/recommend?

I use two Cobra Electronics CDR 840's, one in front and one in rear, each with 32Gig cards. They record bout 3 to 5 days worth of video. I've run those constantly for more than a year now. Plugged into an outlet that comes on when you start the car, they take care of themselves.

They record GPS information as well as the road video.

The software that comes with them then displays your "G" velocities and speed as well as placing your vehicle on an animated map off to the right of the screen as the video plays back.

A pad of sticky-notes and a couple of pens are also good equipment for noting the plates. Here in WA the police take brandishing very seriously and nobody's gonna hassle you for calling 911 to report it.

Remember: the one that calls 911 first becomes the 'victim' and that means the other guy becomes the 'defendant'.

Something else to think about, The more callers that report a Jacked Up Black Ford Raptor with California plates driving like an azzhat and brandishing, the more of a case the cops have when they do finally catch up with him! I saw this first hand down here!!! For gosh sake, DO not follow or drive aggressively to try and catch the dude, this can easily turn into a confrontation as has happend a few times!

Honestly, dyslexic, and was a little shook up. He had a 4 digit license place and frankly I didn't think to call the cops. Good call, should have done that. I got shook up and wasn't thinking. I hope I never have to think of this again, but just wondering if anybody had insight or advice.

Well.... Yeah! Calm the hell down! Now and in the future! I'm not trying to be an A H here but for your own safety temporary dyslexia is very bad! Also, by not calling the LEO's this dick is loose to maybe attack our wives and kids! This guy is out of control! You, please, be in control! :)

Last Edited:
Excellent advice.
There are a lot of odd people moving to the Portland area now and the traffic issues just intensify the problem(s).

Too true Larry, and the traffic has been horribly exacerbated by the loss of shipping into the Port of Portland! Notice all of the semi-rigs on the streets and freeways lately. All the goods that were shipped in to the region are now trucked in! Here in inner NE PDX traffic has gone to hell and it is frustrating!

Too true Larry, and the traffic has been horribly exacerbated by the loss of shipping into the Port of Portland! Notice all of the semi-rigs on the streets and freeways lately. All the goods that were shipped in to the region are now trucked in! Here in inner NE PDX traffic has gone to hell and it is frustrating!
Quite true, and the blame can be placed squarely on the shoulders of ILWU Local 8 for the that loss.

Well.... Yeah! Calm the hell down! Now and in the future! I'm not trying to be an A H here but for your own safety temporary dyslexia is very bad! Also, by not calling the LEO's this dick is loose to maybe attack our wives and kids! This guy is out of control! You, please, be in control! :)
Not temporary dyslexia. It has been noted since 3rd grade. Every stinking day. Under stress it gets much worse. (I have been noted more than once mirror writing under stress with no noticing of it.)Thank God for spell check.

Anyway, a dash cam nicely bypasses that problem in the future. I got raised black dodge ram with 4 digit license plate (I believe it was a veterans plate) and dude with a large stainless revolver. Sorry the photographic memory is busted. I know my limits and memorizing license plates on the fly under pressure will not go well.

When I left to take my wife's vehicle to the mechanic I forgot my phone and hadn't ever thought of this particular contingency.

I've had only one real RR incident, at least one that went beyond honking at someone or telling them they're #1. Mine happened about 18 or so years ago. My wife and I were driving in our little Ford pickup to go meet my grandfather. We were at a red light, waiting to make a left hand turn onto the bypass in OC. The light changed, we left with the rest of the traffic and started heading down the hill toward I-205 - we were in the right lane.

About a 1/2 mile down, a guy came up behind me and started honking, flashing his lights and making gestures. I had no idea what he was doing, so I just tried to ignore him and keep going. Pretty soon, he pulled up along side me and was just losing his sh!t, again, I didn't want to inflame and already tense situation, so I just kept driving and did my best to ignore him. Then it got bad.

This guy cuts me off, almost hitting my truck, and slams on the brakes. I had to swerve and hit my brakes to avoid him. Then he just takes off, so I get back on the road and hold back away from the lunatic. A moment later and he's back again, slamming on the brakes and trying to get me off the road. I finally pull completely off to the shoulder and stop the truck. He ends up stopping himself just down the road and I see his door open. Back then we didn't regularly carry a cell phone, so there was no way to make a call, and though I had a CHL at the time, I didn't regularly carry then and wasn't carrying that day.

I told my wife to stay in the truck as I reached under the seat and grabbed a crowbar I kept under there. I stayed in the truck but pulled the crowbar up where it was at the ready if he got to my truck. He keeps walking toward me, screaming obscenities and making all sorts of gestures with his hands. As I'm opening the door and getting out of the truck to keep him away from my wife, he suddenly turns around, goes back to his truck and leaves, never to be seen again. At the time, we were both a bit too rattled to think about getting his license #.

I have no idea what set this guy off. As far as I know, I hadn't done anything to set him off. We had just been sitting at the light, he had to have been somewhere behind us, but he wasn't doing anything at the light - no horn, no yelling, etc. None of that started until we got the green and made the turn. My wife and I decided he either was just unhinged and picked us out of the crowd, or perhaps he thought we were someone else, and maybe that's why he turned away once he got a better look at me?

It was one of the strangest things I've experienced. I've never been an aggressive driver, pizzed at other drivers occasionally, yes, but not aggressive and I certainly try to avoid doing anything that would set someone off. If I make a mistake such as unintentionally cutting someone off, I try to visibly apologize to the other driver - it's just courtesy. I also drive a marked company car during the workday and that tends to make you very aware of your driving so as to avoid getting a phone call to your office that they have a problem driver. To date, I've never had such a call, though others in the company have.

Since that day, I do have a cell phone that I have on me at all times, and I have called on drivers, including several suspected drunk drivers. I also carry every day now, so I'm a bit more prepared if the S really did HTF - though I would go well out of my way to avoid any type of confrontation that could lead to a need to even think about drawing my weapon.

Fact is there are some psycho, unhinged people out there, people that really shouldn't be on the road. But just like gun ownership, the freedom to drive is occasionally going to empower lunatics to do stupid crap, maybe even get other people hurt. Best we can do is avoid them if we see them, don't do anything to make them crazier and if we can do so safely, get them reported to the police so hopefully they can be pulled off the road.

Not temporary dyslexia. It has been noted since 3rd grade. Every stinking day. Under stress it gets much worse. (I have been noted more than once mirror writing under stress with no noticing of it.)Thank God for spell check.

Anyway, a dash cam nicely bypasses that problem in the future. I got raised black dodge ram with 4 digit license plate (I believe it was a veterans plate) and dude with a large stainless revolver. Sorry the photographic memory is busted. I know my limits and memorizing license plates on the fly under pressure will not go well.

When I left to take my wife's vehicle to the mechanic I forgot my phone and hadn't ever thought of this particular contingency.

I apologize Wombat! I misunderstood, my bad! The paralysis is still a real problem, and I hope that you can work through it!
I've been in that situation a couple of times, and it certainly isn't easy! Best of luck! :)

Been the target of a few road ragers, and one came very close to being a dead road rager one night.

I had a drunk/aggressive chick tail me all the way from the King City pharmacy to the Tualatin PD swerving and doing the brake check bs. This was before I had a cell phone. Also before I was old enough to carry.

Had another guy on the on ramp from Beav Hillsdale onto 217 SB almost hit me, so I honked. Dude then swerved at us, raced to cut os off, stopped and then threw his truck in reverse and sped backward at us - in mid day traffic with dozens of other witnesses. I did carry at this point. Gun was in the glove box so when dude slammed on his brakes after racing toward us I retrieved it. He saw the gun and took off cutting off other cars, speeding away weaving in and out.

The worst though was the roid raging tard who tried passing me on the right up by St Vincent when I was driving a flatbed. He almost hit a brick encased mail box so he had to stop until i passed. Then he flew around me in the oncoming lane, hooked a 90 degree turn and stopped blocking the road. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. He jumps out screaming at me, shoved his hand in his pocket and ran up to my door. This dude wound up with a pistol levelled at his forehead through the door. I don't remember much of what he said - i was focusing on his hands in his pocket - fully prepped to start shooting if he had a gun in his hand. Guy was screaming but then suddenly stopped his face went white and he ran back truck got in and sped off. Adrenaline dump was huge for me - I had to pull over and wait for the shakes to stop for a while - still had to go do a tire change afterward.

Most of these idiots are just cowards/punks, unfortunately the real psychos aren't marked!

It would be nice if when one of these dicks got convicted a big, red, "Im crazy, and legal to shoot!" "No questions asked!" Tattoo covered their forehead! It would go nicely with they're necks! :D

Flashing a pistol to show how tough you are, really only shows what a pu$$y you really are.

I had a guy flash his pistol at me downtown Portland by Pioneer Square. I must have looked at him wrong. Around 30 minute's later he was getting taken down by the police. He must have done It to someone else that called the cops. This was a long time ago and the guy was a real punk ,drug dealer type. I would call it in immediately if it ever happened again. Either the police or ambulance depending on the threat. :)

Last Edited:
Most of these idiots are just cowards/punks, unfortunately the real psychos aren't marked!

It would be nice if when one of these dicks got convicted a big, red, "Im crazy, and legal to shoot!" "No questions asked!" Tattoo covered their forehead! It would go nicely with they're necks! :D

I live out in the sticks. I love people from the south. My wife is an original redneck and has converted me pretty much. Most rednecks are great, fun loving people. A-hole and redneck are not synonymous. There are probably 10M PU drivin, beer drinking, mud runnin, hat wearing, country music lovin, good ol boys and girls for every one jacked up truck jerk. I'll take them over the wine sippin, tree huggin, kale eatin, Prius drivin, city dwellin, look down their nose, types anyday of the week, month, and year. :p

Now, hold my beer and watch this. ;)

I live out in the sticks. I love people from the south. My wife is an original redneck and has converted me pretty much. Most rednecks are great, fun loving people. A-hole and redneck are not synonymous. There are probably 10M PU drivin, beer drinking, mud runnin, hat wearing, country music lovin, good ol boys and girls for every one jacked up truck jerk. I'll take them over the wine sippin, tree huggin, kale eatin, Prius drivin, city dwellin, look down their nose, types anyday of the week, month, and year. :p

Now, hold my beer and watch this. ;)

+1 for Southerners, hoe-cakes, blackeyed peas, cornbread, and sweet iced-tea.

I'm from Monroe Louisiana, y'all.

IMG_0313.GIF

+1 for Southerners, hoe-cakes, blackeyed peas, cornbread, and sweet iced-tea.

I'm from Monroe Louisiana, y'all.

View attachment 341512

Mmmm, mmm, mmm. Hush puppies, grits, crawfish boil, gumbo, cob corn, bigmouth bass, stripers, croakers, catfishin, glowbugs, and lightnin rods. Oh, and sweet Georgia peaches. And Bluegrass.

I've spent a lot of time in the south and have friends and relatives in several southern states. I have always found the people to be genuine, generous, and warm/friendly. Conversely, I've experienced too many road rage incidents from the bicycle crowd in Bend and Portland.

There was this time tho that a guy thought I was going too slow on a bleak night in pounding rain traveling over the bridge from Brookings to Harbor. I admit to being one of those jerks that slows down in front of a tailgater. He jammed around me, cut me off, slowed down even further, waved a baseball bat out the window, and took off at high speed. Sheesh.

I'm such a jerk (Even tho I'm not from the south)... I find people tailgating and then tailgate them, box them in while they're doing it. Get my snoot right up there. See how nervous they get. Amazingly, or not, they mostly never notice. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top