JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are jerks out there; there will always be jerks out there; try not to let them affect you too much.

You did the right thing and received great advice from several.

Always look for ways to de-escalate any situation. 'Be a good witness' was a suggestion a cop gave me years ago.

That 'guy' will be in serious trouble soon; I am glad you won't be involved!

I had a road rage incident yesterday. My part in this, I stopped behind a school bus with its red lights on. The bus moves, turns right, out of the equation.

As soon as we can move, some guy in a raised truck blasted past me and flipped me off, nearly hitting my car cutting me off. I honk because I had to stand on the breaks and still barely avoided an accident. We both come to a red light. He raises a large revolver by the handle pointed down. It is like a 2 finger pinch grip on the butt. Clearly brandishing. He is in a raised pickup, I am in a smallish SUV. He is not holding his gun in a manner that would be an immediate threat, but brandishing a firearm seems to be a significant threat.

Now, I wasn't about to shoot him for that, but I was armed and at this point gripping my gun in its pocket holster in case his revolver started to turn my way as he was clearly unstable. I don't want to ever shoot somebody.

Where is the bright white line here? I took it as if he started to aim it at me, but frankly, this was a little disturbing.
First rule I live by - never, ever bluff with a gun.
I wouldn't do it and I would expect nothing less from someone else.

That said, I do not engage if I can help it - - people are unpredictable
However, if I feel threatened, no one will make my wife a widow

"Most disputes die and no one shoots"
- Hamilton

After reading many posts regarding carrying and the amount of people that do so now days, this does not surprise me in the least. I've also noticed a lot more people driving recklessly and in a menacing way on the freeway lately. They will pass you, then slow down in front of you making you have to pull out and pass them. Then they ride your azz and then pass you again. Then they slow down to 58 MPH while slowly/barely passing a semi, just to mess with you. They can do it because they feel like tough chit because they are probably packing.
As George Carlin was fond of saying - there's only two types of drivers: maniacs and idiots.
If they're going slower than you, they're an idiot. If they're driving faster than you, they're a maniac....

Most of these idiots are just cowards/punks, unfortunately the real psychos aren't marked!

It would be nice if when one of these dicks got convicted a big, red, "Im crazy, and legal to shoot!" "No questions asked!" Tattoo covered their forehead! It would go nicely with they're necks! :D

I have LONG said that many "vehicle" crimes should be treated like they like to treat guns. Do something like run from Cops, or some of these over the top road rage and get convicted. You should have a lifetime ban on driving. Get caught it should be treated just the same as some do dobad with a gun. A LOT of these morons get a slap on the hand and are handed a license back.

I have LONG said that many "vehicle" crimes should be treated like they like to treat guns. Do something like run from Cops, or some of these over the top road rage and get convicted. You should have a lifetime ban on driving. Get caught it should be treated just the same as some do dobad with a gun. A LOT of these morons get a slap on the hand and are handed a license back.

I like the idea but it would just end up creating a bunch of unlicensed and uninsured drivers on the road... there are already too many as is.

Heavy fines are a better way to go I think and it finances the city/county/state if they are making payments with interest for 10 years.

I like the idea but it would just end up creating a bunch of unlicensed and uninsured drivers on the road... there are already too many as is.

Heavy fines are a better way to go I think and it finances the city/county/state if they are making payments with interest for 10 years.
If they put those drivers in prison you would NOT see them all over the road. Lock one up for several year's. Watch how few of them jump back behind a wheel when they get out. If they do lock them up for 10 next time. A very large percentage of fines are never paid. Those are the huge numbers of unlicensed you see. Don't have or don't want to pay so they just drive anyway. Can't drive from prison.

If they put those drivers in prison you would NOT see them all over the road. Lock one up for several year's. Watch how few of them jump back behind a wheel when they get out. If they do lock them up for 10 next time. A very large percentage of fines are never paid. Those are the huge numbers of unlicensed you see. Don't have or don't want to pay so they just drive anyway. Can't drive from prison.

Here in the Golden State, Gov Moonbeam has done the magnanimous public service of permitting illegal aliens obtain drivers' licenses. What the hell is another offense in addition to breaking US Immigration laws?

LOL, you ran the stop sign by the Dominoes driver. :rolleyes:
I bailed a few minutes in due to boredom. Did I miss anything?

Hey, I stopped for 1.05mS. That's enough right?

No, not really. Pretty boring stuff. If you get to about 10:15 there is a person in the entrance lane at the Wilsonville Freddies that is trying to go out. There was a Clackamas county deputy there to tell him otherwise.

My general rule is to let idiots proceed without letting them know I am annoyed at them. I discovered this when I realized honking or flipping somebody off is simply not going to improve the situation. There is just no scenario where it is going to help. I can say "a$$hole" to myself and get just as much enjoyment out of it. :)

+1 to that. You're so much better off just getting out of their way, biting your tongue and keeping your distance. You're just not going to "teach someone a lesson", unless you get it on camera, of course.

I've learned my lessons on dealing with crazy people on the road, over the years. I could tell stories, as can we all, but one time in particular has stuck with me. I was in the fast lane coming up on and slowly passing another vehicle. Some lunatic came out of nowhere on the right at a very high rate of speed, clearly intending to cut in front of me. I sped up a little to shorten the distance so he couldn't cut in. He did anyway! I had to slam on my brakes to avoid a bad wreck. He had to have been high on something.

I learned an important lesson, that I try to teach my kids as they learn to drive. When you see people being crazy or reckless on the road, get out of their way, and stay away from them, because:

1. You're not going to teach them a lesson. They might be drunk, high, or insane.
2. Your safety is probably more important to you than their safety is to them. They'll probably escalate it past where you want to go.
3. The world is full of crazy people. If you could call lightening from the sky to zap them, there will be a dozen more behind them. Sure they make you mad; take a deep breath and let it go.
4. Anger is literally "temporary insanity". Is it rational to risk your life, freedom, and future over some nut in a car who made you mad? You react in anger over something of no real consequence, and do something that will have consequences the rest of your life.

Reminds me of a guy I grew up with. He was in his early 20s, doing well for himself. He got into an argument in a bar, took it outside where he punched the guy. The guy falls, hits his head and dies. He gets ten years in prison for manslaughter.One little argument ruined his life, and ended the other guy's.

I remember another friend telling me a story from decades ago, in California. He got into a road rage incident that escalated pretty badly. No damage was done, nobody was injured, but it ended up with cops at the door of his house later that evening looking for him. He hid in a closet while his wife told them that he was out of state on business and the car hadn't left the garage, or something like that. He was scared to death, figured he could have gone to jail.

He told me the story, thoroughly ashamed of himself, and he sure learned a lesson about rage. He's a good guy, but he got caught up in the moment and it got out of control. Better to bite your tongue and let it go. Better yet get a plate number and let the cops deal with it.

I had a road rage incident yesterday. My part in this, I stopped behind a school bus with its red lights on. The bus moves, turns right, out of the equation.

As soon as we can move, some guy in a raised truck blasted past me and flipped me off, nearly hitting my car cutting me off. I honk because I had to stand on the breaks and still barely avoided an accident. We both come to a red light. He raises a large revolver by the handle pointed down. It is like a 2 finger pinch grip on the butt. Clearly brandishing. He is in a raised pickup, I am in a smallish SUV. He is not holding his gun in a manner that would be an immediate threat, but brandishing a firearm seems to be a significant threat.

Now, I wasn't about to shoot him for that, but I was armed and at this point gripping my gun in its pocket holster in case his revolver started to turn my way as he was clearly unstable. I don't want to ever shoot somebody.

Where is the bright white line here? I took it as if he started to aim it at me, but frankly, this was a little disturbing.
What a G-- D--- dillweed.. glad you are ok. Idiots like that are one of the reasons many people want to curtail gun rights...

I'm kinda late to this thread I just saw it read a few posts sounds like you got a good scare and when I say good I mean now you know how your going to act if something like this happens again hopefully it won't but I bet when you saw that gun you had a thousand things going through your head the main thing was holy s#!+ I'm going to get in a gun fight because this idiot didn't want to stop for a school bus but sounds like you kept your cool and kept your gun out of site because if you had drawn your gun and he saw it you probably would have been in a gun fight I can say this because of my job if I had a nickel for everytime someone gave me the finger lol I wouldn't have to drive this truck any more I would be retired lol

Don't honk my horn don't yell at any one and if possible don't stop for any one who try to get you to pull over keep moving and call police and have your phone on speaker so when and if you have to engage someone it will all be recorded on 911 tape and like some One else said you can get a dash cam pretty cheap these days and they also can help out in accidents

We camera 's in our trucks one look 's out front and the other looks at me or the driver I can activate it by a button on it or it will come on in a by it's self its on a loop it's always recording but it only sends out a video via cell signal if I push button or get in accident it will send out a 90 second video 45second before accident and 45second after so they can see if I was not driving safe or something or if someone else was the cause here's a picture don't worry bout how close I am to the truck in front of me I'm stop at truck stop lol IMAG0752.jpg

Don't honk my horn don't yell at any one and if possible don't stop for any one who try to get you to pull over keep moving and call police and have your phone on speaker so when and if you have to engage someone it will all be recorded on 911 tape and like some One else said you can get a dash cam pretty cheap these days and they also can help out in accidents
Long ago long before cells. Dad was dating a woman who tells us one night about a friend of hers. Had a "little bit of a temper" as she put it. Some driver did something to piss him off so he ran the guy off the road. Then runs over and grabs him through the window. Other driver shot him and killed him. Woman says "and they didn't do anything to him for that". My Dad and I said at the same time "he died of terminal stupidity". We both told her we would have done the same thing. She acted like she was shocked.

Hey, I stopped for 1.05mS. That's enough right?

No, not really. Pretty boring stuff. If you get to about 10:15 there is a person in the entrance lane at the Wilsonville Freddies that is trying to go out. There was a Clackamas county deputy there to tell him otherwise.

I should have said the cameras in our trucks send the send the video via cell back to a main office so even if I'm in a spot with no cell signal it will save video till it gets a signal but there are not many places that don't have signal these days at least places I would be driving this truck and it will come on if I go over 70 mph or if turn corner to fast or just jam on the breaks that is the bad part bout it the boss gets video if I'm driving like a clown LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top