JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I was taught many years ago, never draw your weapon unless you are 100% sure you are going to shoot. If you took that brandishing as a threat on your life you would ultimately be arrested & charged.
I do hope that you gathered intel and reported it to the police.

It's a messed up attitude the guy had but please do not think that all raised trucks house said attitudes.
I had a road rage incident yesterday. My part in this, I stopped behind a school bus with its red lights on. The bus moves, turns right, out of the equation.

As soon as we can move, some guy in a raised truck blasted past me and flipped me off, nearly hitting my car cutting me off. I honk because I had to stand on the breaks and still barely avoided an accident. We both come to a red light. He raises a large revolver by the handle pointed down. It is like a 2 finger pinch grip on the butt. Clearly brandishing. He is in a raised pickup, I am in a smallish SUV. He is not holding his gun in a manner that would be an immediate threat, but brandishing a firearm seems to be a significant threat.

Now, I wasn't about to shoot him for that, but I was armed and at this point gripping my gun in its pocket holster in case his revolver started to turn my way as he was clearly unstable. I don't want to ever shoot somebody.

Where is the bright white line here? I took it as if he started to aim it at me, but frankly, this was a little disturbing.

Everyone of these situations is unique in their own peculiar way. This shows the need to mentally visualize scenarios in advance so they are not totally "out of the blue"...There is rarely a "Bright Line" unless your adversary immediately engages in life threatening or severe bodily injury, the threat is immediate, he as the ability to carry out the threat and a reasonable person would believe his intent is clear and you can't escape the conflict. You made the right call, you didn't escalate, backed off and boogied. The other important thing to consider is how your mind and body reacted to this sudden major spike in your sympathetic nervous system and how it effected you mentally (memory, etc) and you can bet that your gun handling would have been effected also with respect to fine motor control and steady hand. Readers that have been in deadly force incidents know exactly of what I speak. Visualize, practice, run scenarios in all environments and always have a "back door" when possible. Train and train some more for these scenarios. You did all the right things because you didn't get in a gun fight. Look for where you might have increased your options etc. Pocket pistol v large revolver may have had challenges. Watch for that truck in the future. He may have the same commute times/route!!..Good job in staying alive and out of jail!

Its a sad day that good people need to have dash cams to cover there arses in these kind of circumstances. Glad that you are ok and chalk it up to a learning experience and call the cops next time so that A hole gets caught.
But just think,you can start a new you tube channel to compete with those crazy Russians!

Last Edited:
Our drivers have those cameras too; one aimed out front and one at the driver. I was talking to a senior driver one day who showed me a video that saved his bacon. Someone swerved into him on the highway, veered off and totaled their car. The responding officer gave him a ticket, saying the other car blamed it on him, as well as a third unrelated driver also stopped and claimed it was his fault.

They took the video from the cameras down to the police the next day, showing clearly that he was not at fault in any way, and the ticket was thrown out.n As much as they all hate those dang cameras, he liked it that day.

Our drivers have those cameras too; one aimed out front and one at the driver. I was talking to a senior driver one day who showed me a video that saved his bacon. Someone swerved into him on the highway, veered off and totaled their car. The responding officer gave him a ticket, saying the other car blamed it on him, as well as a third unrelated driver also stopped and claimed it was his fault.

They took the video from the cameras down to the police the next day, showing clearly that he was not at fault in any way, and the ticket was thrown out.n As much as they all hate those dang cameras, he liked it that day.
This is why we have those in all our cars. They can save your insurance rates. The cost of several of them is NOTHING compared to what they can save. Not to mention they can catch some really great stuff to show at work. :D

YES lots of guys don't like them but they have saved a lot of drivers when we first got them one they showed us a video of a bunch of video 's showing all kinds of crazy stuff and one was one of are first trucks to get it in South CAROLINA driving down the road when s lady committed suicide by jumping in front of the truck they question the driver and he said its all on video there was nothing I could do

Last Edited:
A potential resource, if you are thinking about one of these cameras for your vehicle...Consumer Reports March 2017 magazine has a good article on 'dash cameras'.

Call the police with make, model and license plate number. Also a detailed description of the firearm. No one should EVER brandish a weapon like that. Especially in the situation you described.

The jacked up truck guy should not be in possession of a firearm if that is the approach he takes to someone honking a horn.

X10 on that one. Turn in the jack-bubblegum!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top