JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old man did it the best he could by keeping the gun pointed down. Lucky the idiot didn't have a younger man with a gun who would have tagged him real quick.

So instead of the 21 foot rule against a man with a knife, you have an unknown with a can of gas going to burn you up.

If you were on the jury and the concealed guy shot the idiot right away then would you convict him?

So instead of the 21 foot rule against a man with a knife, you have an unknown with a can of gas going to burn you up.

If you were on the jury and the concealed guy shot the idiot right away then would you convict him?
Depends.

Is the individual with the gas can adavancing towards you specifically or is he putting it on the vehicle?

Are there any other individuals in the vehicle?

What distance is he at?

Has he shown intent or verbalized what he's going to do with the gas can.

A lot of factors go into a justified self defense shooting.

Depends.

Is the individual with the gas can adavancing towards you specifically or is he putting it on the vehicle?

What distance is he at?

Not really enough to go on by the video but if this happened during riots I think it would have changed the outcome.

Concealed carry stopped this from escalating from a prank to the idiot and his friend assaulting the old guy. In my opinion.

Depends.

What distance is he at?

Definitely. Just saying gas is a dangerous weapon, and fake dangerous weapons are treated the same under the law - as in armed robbery charges.

At one point the idiot chases someone with the gas can. That would have been a clear self defense shooting.

Not really enough to go on by the video but if this happened during riots I think it would have changed the outcome.

Concealed carry stopped this from escalating from a prank to the idiot and his friend assaulting the old guy. In my opinion.
Agreed. Unfortunately in the political climate we live in…. Especially in these blue states we know we will get hung out to dry. Even if it was justified. Look at the Marine in NY who just got charged. Add in the "white vs black" bullsh!t and we know exactly which way the conviction will lean.

Sadly if I have the option to run then that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Agreed. Unfortunately in the political climate we live in…. Especially in these blue states we know we will get hung out to dry. Even if it was justified. Look at the Marine in NY who just got charged. Add in the "white vs black" bullsh!t and we know exactly which way the conviction will lean.

In my case I can't run away from a young man set on violence, I am too old to outrun him. I can't outfight them either so if I want to protect myself I have only one choice. That old man could easily be me.

I don't think the NY incident necessarily rises to the level of lethal force to meet lethal force. Seems like he killed someone trying to restrain them, not save a life. But that's all for the jury.

But given the awareness the young black man must have of the country he lives in, the choice to do something like this to an old white guy in a big pickup truck is beyond stupid.

In my case I can't run away from a young man set on violence, I am too old to outrun him. I can't outfight them either so if I want to protect myself I have only one choice. That old man could easily be me.
That's the thing with self defense shootings…..

So many elements and factors have to be considered and what may be seen as a justified shoot for one individual may not be seen as justified for another individual. Use of deadly force is judged through an objective lens and not a subjective lens.

Age/physical ability
Gender (man or woman - there's only two)
Weapons
Intent
Number of suspects
Etc.

Last Edited:
That's the thing with self defense shootings…..

So many elements and factors have to be considered and what may be seen as a justified shoot for one individual may not be seen as justified for another individual. Use of deadly force is judged through an objective lens and not a subjective lens.

Age/physical ability
Gender (man or woman - there's only two)
Weapons
Intent
Number of suspects
Etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews