JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the Mozambieber method.
LoL, that's the most clever/funny thread response I've seen in ages.
B8CF5383-A3E3-418B-9CD8-DA35347B2CB0.jpeg
I'm going to train my step-kids from now on with that name, and tell them that. Maybe you and I can make it "a thing."

Two low shots on a flip metal target, then shift up to a head shot on Bieber. The Mozambieber.

ETA: I love this forum. It's so mentally healthy.

Also I should point out for the historically inclined, that actual Bieber pic was the first cold bore shot I took with a CMP service Garand a few years ago. It had a PERFECT '53-ish SA replacement barrel, so I made a point of photoing the first cold-bore shot.

Last Edited:
Since this is a training thread I'll offer a couple of my thoughts. Training is good, pratice is better. The more well placed rounds down range the better. I'm a pretty good shot with all my guns, long guns, handguns and shotguns because I shoot them all. Part of that is shooting a variety of targets. Over the years I've shot a lot of paper and steel but I also shoot random targets at non specific distances. Case in point, yesterday I was shooting at a pop can on a gravel pile from oh I don't know, about that far or so with my 4" Gp-100. Aimming just under it to get it to pop up in the air and roll down the hill where I could try to hit it while moving. I know sounds silly, right? But in my mind the skills are transferable without the stigma of self defense training. If I can hit a pop can at yea so far pretty much every time, well thats minute of bad guy noggin. Shoot away and enjoy the game is what works for me.

As for the Mozambique drill...am still waiting to see or hear of that being used in an actual shooting.

Have had 100.00 on the table for the last 7 years to anyone that can come up with it...the dust is heavily accumulating.
Here is the story with the shooting incident.

So, as the story goes, Rousseau was involved in a firefight at the airport. Guerrilla fighters were swarming the airport and Rousseau turned a corner and nearly bumped into a FRELIMO fighter wielding an AK-47. Rousseau had a pistol. You fight with what you have, and at about ten paces (or five yards) Rousseau fired two 9mm rounds into the fighter's chest.

If I were to guess, I would say Rousseau's ammo was a 115-grain with a muzzle velocity of 1,200 fps. I imagine Rousseau had a moment of shock and then quickly decided to end it with a headshot. His third shot was low, taking out the fighter's neck and spinal cord. Not exactly a headshot, but the situation was terminated.

(bet I don't get the $100) :s0140:

Last Edited:
Anyway if that is proof enough to get the $100, I don't want your money but you can donate it in your name to Northwest Firearms. No sense letting the money get dusty when Joe can put it to use. :D

I'll give you a 1.00 for effort...was wondering how long it would take for someone to dig that up.

That incident was pre-drill training, the Mozambique/Failure Drill wasn't invented yet...that's what started the drill and the subsequent training.

Am looking for a shooting post drill training, in other words...a shooting where someone had knowledge of the drill and used such drill in a shooting...not the shooting from where it accidentally originated.

Guess we need to dot the i and cross the t kinda thing.

I'll give you a 1.00 for effort...was wondering how long it would take for someone to dig that up.

That incident was pre-drill training, the Mozambique/Failure Drill wasn't invented yet...that's what started the drill and the subsequent training.

Am looking for a shooting post drill training, in other words...a shooting where someone had knowledge of the drill and used such drill in a shooting...not the shooting from where it accidentally originated.

Guess we need to dot the i and cross the t kinda thing.
Thanks for being more specific on the bet. :D So are you looking for reports of the drill being used from folks like Chuck Taylor or Massad Ayoob or what is the exact proof you need that somebody shot another person two to the body and one to the head.

Again, I don't want your money, I just like a challenge. Somebody says "it never happened" is just the perfect words for an old retired guy to search.:s0093:

Should be a difficult search since you don't accept the inventor of the drill and the actual shooting the drill was derived from but there have been a lot of shootings since the drill started.

Does the shooter have to have said he used the Mozambique drill or is it just accepted that two the body and one to the head is what you want? :s0140:

Thanks for being more specific on the bet. :D So are you looking for reports of the drill being used from folks like Chuck Taylor or Massad Ayoob or what is the exact proof you need that somebody shot another person two to the body and one to the head.

Again, I don't want your money, I just like a challenge. Somebody says "it never happened" is just the perfect words for an old retired guy to search.:s0093:

Should be a difficult search since you don't accept the inventor of the drill and the actual shooting the drill was derived from but there have been a lot of shootings since the drill started.

Does the shooter have to have said he used the Mozambique drill or is it just accepted that two the body and one to the head is what you want? :s0140:
Looking for a documented shooting, LE or Civilian where it was consciously used...not an accident.

Don't want to hear from Taylor, Ayoob or the like unless they can point to a specific case and there's documentation to back it up...or as posted on here many times...state the source.

I've heard both sides of the head shot argument on this thread...yes, two to the body, one to the head...in which I say skip the body and go right to the head, why waste time and ammo. Then there's the other side saying the head shot is too difficult to make consistently...can't have it both ways.

I'll give the money out, I've got no problem with that or I wouldn't offer it.

If you find one case of it being used as described above, it won't change my mind. One shooting where it was used against thousands where it wasn't used shouldn't come across anyone's mind that they should change the way they do things. I would like to see a pattern of it being used, but you won't.

Kinda like the Weaver stance/hold...if it was all that competition people would be using it, and they're looking for any edge they can find to make them better than their competition.

I don't see any top tier trainers actively using it in any of their courses...I'm sure an argument will ensue as to the definition of top tier.

Our ammo company has three SEALS a major SWAT guy and one Force Recon Marine on board, if it was all that it would be in their training regimen...it is not.

Tom Givens of Rangemaster has 10,000 on the table for the last 20 years or more to anyone that can come up with a civilian shooting where a mag change decided the outcome of the shooting...that pile of cash has a large amount of dust on it.

Again bottom line, you do you...if it makes you happy, by all means keep using it, I just think there are much better relevant drills out there.

I really do hope you find a case, would love to read it.. as well as ballistic details etc.

IMO Mozambique or any drill the issue is you can get good at doing that drill. The real world encounter may require something different than what that drill does. If it's part of a whole bunch of drills that give you a wide skill set you can use dynamically that's great. But imo we too often go for something simple like "don't jerk the trigger", or "focus on the front sight" or whatever and never go farther.

Bruce Lee said when he was just starting a punch was just a punch (ie intuitive, you just do it without thought). Then when he learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch (ie a series of movements involving thought). Then when he understood (mastered) the art, a punch was just a punch (ie intuitive without thinking). If the Mozambique drill helps someone build their grip, create alignment quickly, fire without the gun moving, fast trigger reset and prep etc then great but mix it up as much as possible I would say, don't get good at just being able to do the one thing. 2 cents

Looking for a documented shooting, LE or Civilian where it was consciously used...not an accident.

Don't want to hear from Taylor, Ayoob or the like unless they can point to a specific case and there's documentation to back it up...or as posted on here many times...state the source.

I've heard both sides of the head shot argument on this thread...yes, two to the body, one to the head...in which I say skip the body and go right to the head, why waste time and ammo. Then there's the other side saying the head shot is too difficult to make consistently...can't have it both ways.

If you find one case of it being used as described above, it won't change my mind. One shooting where it was used against thousands where it wasn't used shouldn't come across anyone's mind that they should change the way they do things. I would like to see a pattern of it being used, but you won't.

Kinda like the Weaver stance/hold...if it was all that competition people would be using it, and they're looking for any edge they can find to make them better than their competition.

I don't see any top tier trainers actively using it in any of their courses...I'm sure an argument will ensue as to the definition of top tier.

Our ammo company has three SEALS a major SWAT guy and one Force Recon Marine on board, if it was all that it would be in their training regimen...it is not.

Tom Givens of Rangemaster has 10,000 on the table for the last 20 years or more to anyone that can come up with a civilian shooting where a mag change decided the outcome of the shooting...that pile of cash has a large amount of dust on it.

Again bottom line, you do you...if it makes you happy, by all means keep using it, I just think there are much better relevant drills out there.

I really do hope you find a case, would love to read it.. as well as ballistic details etc.
I am having fun because I can. At 71 and a gun owner and lover since I was nine that has been highly involved with all types of shooting, it just tickles the heck out of me the gents who train today's shooter.

Today is your day to have your way, Cooper, Weaver, Taylor et El all had their way in their day with the equipment available. Things change, have changed and will change some more. Just because a man hasn't seen something done it doesn't mean it hasn't been done. It just means a man hasn't been there to see it. :D

Have a nice day.

Jesus Christ, I didn't go back and check but I'm pretty sure you've said the exact same thing enough times to no one in particular for everyone to realize you should instruct windmill jousting instead of pistolcraft.
Why don't you give it a rest and step away from the keyboard.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top