JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This should be a lesson on how people behave with shortages.....imagine if it was with food water or any of the necessities of life! prepare and keep your powder dry.

what is twisting your arm to buy something you don't want to buy at a certain price, you do have a choice except for obozocare

Your right, I don't have to buy it if I don't want to. However, the overpricing affects all of us. From the collectors to the shooters to the newbie getting into shooting. Do you like going to a gun store and seeing $60 pmags that have been sold out? Do you like shooting but now can't shoot as much because the price of ammo is so high? What about the guys that have been trying to save for a AR but can't get one now? Or how about you need a bolt for your AR only to find out it's not available and when it it it will be double in price? That's the point! But its apparent you don't understand.....

This should be a lesson on how people behave with shortages.....imagine if it was with food water or any of the necessities of life! prepare and keep your powder dry.

And I have thought about this. Total social collapse where nothing is available. Paper money is just a fire starter at that point and everybody that didn't stock up will be left put in the cold. But, that's another thread altogether.

"Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act" will seek to limit magazines, belts, drums, feed strips and "similar device" to 10 rounds of ammunition. While people who own high-capacity magazines and devices would be able to keep them, they would be prohibited from buying others or transferring existing ones.

You want to see a price increase? Wait a few days before this is enacted. These little price jumps are only the start. I will be in a holding pattern soon and will be keeping my stock. If I decide to let something go, I assume the risk that I may or may not be able to get more. I think people should stop complaining, it's only going to get worse and probably be the new normal.

Under the Second Amendment we have a RIGHT to Bear Arms. There is not right that everyone should be able to buy a AR for $600-$900, or magazines for $7-$10 for those rifles. I know most of you on here are quick to differentiate between Rights and Non Rights, why are SOME of you so quick to jump on the person who had the foresight or the $ to buy several AR's and or Magazines when the prices were low and now want to make a profit on there investment? Geesh I would love to have a 1969 Olds 442 Convertible in like new condition. Had I bought in 1969 I would have paid a couple of thousand dollars, today $50-$80K! Does that person who bought in 1969 have an obligation to sell to me for what they paid?
I have no skin in this game by the way, I fiddled around and did not buy an affordable priced AR and Mags when I could, mainly because I did not want to tap the savings account for it. So hence here I am with NO AR and NO Mags and am not the least upset by those who did make the investment and are able to reap the benefits.
You know the one of the other things that sets this GREAT country apart from others in addition to our 2nd Amendment, Life, Liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness is a little something called Capitalism and FREE Markets.... Quit being so willing to throw out the last part because you did not get what you wanted at the price you wanted!

Your right, I don't have to buy it if I don't want to. However, the overpricing affects all of us. From the collectors to the shooters to the newbie getting into shooting. Do you like going to a gun store and seeing $60 pmags that have been sold out? Do you like shooting but now can't shoot as much because the price of ammo is so high? What about the guys that have been trying to save for a AR but can't get one now? Or how about you need a bolt for your AR only to find out it's not available and when it it it will be double in price? That's the point! But its apparent you don't understand.....

what about the guys you were talking about trying to save for an ar when they were $700 and couldn't get one then was that price gouging sometimes you don't get what you want. this conversation almost sounds like what occupy portland was saying we want out share and don't want to earn it.

although i detest the price gouging, i'm half tempted to sell my akm rifles, buy tools and equipment, a kiln (for heat-treating), and a bunch of parts kits and receiver blanks/flats. sell 2 rifles at a price that allows for the construction of 5.

bought a marlin 60 for a hundred bucks, 14 shot accurate as hell. there are other options. you have a right to bear arms but no rights to to anyone subsidizing them.

Sellers have a right to ask whatever price they wish. Buyers have a right to pay or not.

These current "higher" prices we are seeing will become the new "normal" prices unless buyers refuse to pay. With the current market . . . yeah, good luck with that.

what about the guys you were talking about trying to save for an ar when they were $700 and couldn't get one then was that price gouging sometimes you don't get what you want. this conversation almost sounds like what occupy portland was saying we want out share and don't want to earn it.

Not everybody could drop $700.00 for a rifle when alot of people have families to feed. Some people have to save for it. As far as occupy Portland, nowhere have I seen any members complaining because other members have firearms and they don't. Try again...

"Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act" will seek to limit magazines, belts, drums, feed strips and "similar device" to 10 rounds of ammunition. While people who own high-capacity magazines and devices would be able to keep them, they would be prohibited from buying others or transferring existing ones.

You want to see a price increase? Wait a few days before this is enacted. These little price jumps are only the start. I will be in a holding pattern soon and will be keeping my stock. If I decide to let something go, I assume the risk that I may or may not be able to get more. I think people should stop complaining, it's only going to get worse and probably be the new normal.

This is a common misconception that many people have. Nothing will happen overnight! It's not like their gonna put a ban on anything by next week or next month or the next 6 months. The house can't even agree on taxes and they have been trying to work on that for the last 6 months! You really think that their gonna take on a big thing like gun control now?

Although you did bring up a good point. Everybody should be stocking up on mags, ammo, rifles, parts, ect, ect, like tomorrow is their last day. And you can bet when prices go back down, after manufactures and dealers have restocked, that I will be buying more also.

Heck, I've been wanting an Aimpoint Pro. If I can get the cash for it by selling my extra lower and a few Pmags I might just do that. I would look to see what current prices are and go from there.

FYI- I just scored an Aimpoint PRO from MidwayUSA for $375 (shipped). The current price is $405(shipped) but I googled MidwayUSA promotional codes and found one that gave me $30 off... That's a fair price IMHO.

Speaking of gouging some guy posted complete Yankee hill lowers for $1000 each. I thought it was a joke so I posted lol. Apparently, he was serious. It did make me laugh twice though once when I saw it and again when I found out he was serious.

Here is how I see price gouging. When a authorized dealer/retailer of a companies products marks up the price beyond MSRP weather or not supply is high or low or for any reason. I am not talking about auctions (ebay), flea markets or anything else just manufacturer authorized Internet and brick and mortar retailers.

I could see taking away a sale price and going with MSRP but anything over that is gouging!

Not everybody could drop $700.00 for a rifle when alot of people have families to feed. Some people have to save for it. As far as occupy Portland, nowhere have I seen any members complaining because other members have firearms and they don't. Try again...

your right they had priorities, just like now if they can't afford them then they don't get them(guns). guess you can't figure out it was an example about occupy pdx. being mad a the 1% because they had something they didn't ie:money not guns :s0054:

The weird thing about it is that the usual suspects didn't think it would happen again and waited, as they always do, until they reached the panic point. Then the stupid mode begins and they just have to have it, whatever it is. My suggestion to the usual suspects is to get used to the leftist trying to ban guns and anything associated with them. School shootings will continue to happen as long as the leftists are in charge and ban disciplining children as they grow up. So, when things calm down a bit, remember the past and think to the future when history repeats itself, again, because leftist policies are there to make sure they happen.

So, does anyone want to buy some really expensive guns just so they can feel good about having them because Obummer said they can't?

The weird thing about it is that the usual suspects didn't think it would happen again and waited, as they always do, until they reached the panic point. Then the stupid mode begins and they just have to have it, whatever it is. My suggestion to the usual suspects is to get used to the leftist trying to ban guns and anything associated with them. School shootings will continue to happen as long as the leftists are in charge and ban disciplining children as they grow up. So, when things calm down a bit, remember the past and think to the future when history repeats itself, again, because leftist policies are there to make sure they happen.

So, does anyone want to buy some really expensive guns just so they can feel good about having them because Obummer said they can't?

:s0155:

I do not like price gougers, I believe the Firearms sport has those that see a comrodery of good will toward others of shared interest and dislike this Type of Endever. It comes down to morals and beliefs and standards and how well you want to sleep at night. This type of Acion Hinders Your Fellow American from Arming Themselfs at a time when its needed more than ever. What comes around goes around. I see many trying to defend the gouging ways they have chosen looking for other gougers opinion to support their actions. A man with a truck load of ill gotten wealth is still a poor man on the inside.

Let's say you own a widget that you paid $1 for. Suddenly, similar widgets are selling for $5. If you sell your widget for $1.50 the person that buys it can flip it for a $3.50 profit.

Exactly. If you don't sell a PMAG for market rate, someone else is going to buy yours and sell them for market rate and pocket the difference.

One way to combat this that I saw:

Magpul PMAG Gen M3 30 rnd AR/M4

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews