JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The vast majority of gun owners and preppers already have pretty much what they need and want,not all but the majority.

It is the sheeple whose eyes are mostly crusted over from sleep who are paying high prices for stuff and are making a run on stores, the vast majority now like I said not all of the people I hear complaining the most are the one who laughed at people like us 2 yrs ago, 1 yr ago, 6 months and yes even two months or a month ago.

I am upset at the high prices? Yes, because i want to buy some more, but I will sho around and negotiate and if I do not like the price I will do without or figure another way around.

High prices is all the more reason not to tell people what you have, because it makes you more of target for thieves and when shtf.

I have plenty of open land to plant them if they are so evil and foolish. This all reminds me of the parable of the ant and grasshopper

Unless you are trying to sell, your house is just a place to live. If you never plan to sell, then its worth to another doesn't matter. And you are never taking its value to the grave, even if you decide to burn it, which the occasional whack job seems to be willing to do today because his mama and/or sister treated him like a puzzy. Oops.

I was discussing Gouging today with a buddy of mine who is on here. He does not agree with me but...

It is Gouging if you didn't bother to buy what you needed before the latest periodical panic. Now you want it for last week's prices. It doesn't work that way. Boo hoo.

It's the ant and the grasshopper redux. The ants work hard all summer and try to figure out what they need to store for the winter during the summer, and then actually follow through and work their butts off when it is hot outside. Then winter comes and the grasshopper who goofed off and went swimming all summer is all "You're Gouging Me Bro! I want some free bubblegum, or Pmags for $12!!"

This is the part where the ants head back to their nice warm space they fixed up all summer and let the winter freeze kill off all the annoying grasshoppers who were too busy eating everything in sight to think of what they might need when it gets cold at night.

IMHO gouging is taking advantage of buyers of NEEDS, not of WANTS.
Gouging takes place one the sale of food, shelter, gasoline, ammo, medicine. Not pmags.
If you are paying greatly elevated prices for an AR, or mags then you are gouging yourself.
Just my perspective, not going to argue with you if you see it differently.

Well stated.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Don't hate the players, People that are upset do you complain that gold was $400 OZ NOW ITS $1700. Some of us had the foresight to see this happening.My advice to you is stock up now cuz the prices are not going down ever!

I was discussing Gouging today with a buddy of mine who is on here. He does not agree with me but...

It is Gouging if you didn't bother to buy what you needed before the latest periodical panic. Now you want it for last week's prices. It doesn't work that way. Boo hoo.

It's the ant and the grasshopper redux. The ants work hard all summer and try to figure out what they need to store for the winter during the summer, and then actually follow through and work their butts off when it is hot outside. Then winter comes and the grasshopper who goofed off and went swimming all summer is all "You're Gouging Me Bro! I want some free bubblegum, or Pmags for $12!!"

This is the part where the ants head back to their nice warm space they fixed up all summer and let the winter freeze kill off all the annoying grasshoppers who were too busy eating everything in sight to think of what they might need when it gets cold at night.

A superb analogy, especially considering this entire "manufactured crisis" was NOT unpredicted. Perhaps not specifically, but we all knew in November of 2008 it was coming in some form.

(The only difference for the grashopper was that winter is not a manufactured crisis, and is entirely cemented in reality, neccessity and truth.)

I tend to agree WhyteCheddar except the ammo side.

Here is the way I look at it. It depends on that person's fear.
For almost 12 months , everyone predicted the attack on gun ownership and what we have all learned over the last 20 years is that gun prices go up when there is "fear " they go away or will go up in price. Predictable.

So why not take the risk - buy some up at a low price and sell when people panic. IS it gouging - No!
The person was at the risk of the prices not going up.
Was it a good business decision - yes . You satisfied a need at a mutually agreed upon price. No one forced you to buy the gun or ammo. It was your want to be satisfied at that time. You could wait a couple months until the panic settles down.

I think the ammo side is more government intervention - buying up supply .
IMHO gouging is taking advantage of buyers of NEEDS, not of WANTS.
Gouging takes place one the sale of food, shelter, gasoline, ammo, medicine. Not pmags.
If you are paying greatly elevated prices for an AR, or mags then you are gouging yourself.
Just my perspective, not going to argue with you if you see it differently.

Went to two LGS's yesterday. One was sold out of nearly everything and has been told by suppliers that there will be no supply coming for at least 3 months. I was looking for a Glock 15 round mag (.40) and all she had was a used 9mm, but it was only $20. I should have bought it for trading. :p

Second LGS had plenty of inventory, but only one black rife (Korean AR?). He had a bunch of Glocks at good prices and a 23 at a really good price. His new Glock mags were $50 each, which is too much for me. His suppliers also told him he won't see any supply for at least 3 months. One bigger retailer a couple hours away called and offered him $45 each for his Glock mags. He turned them down because he knows his current inventory has to carry him for a few months and he has the only local supply.

Is he gouging because he raised his Glock mag prices? Nope. He is trying to survive.

So how much is a pre ban, 1980s era Colt 9MM AR15 going for right now? I have one I'm going to sell to jumpstart my new biz.. and I have a bunch of mags too, was selling them during the klinton ban era for $150 each, and they did sell

I have an all Isreali made .308 Galil with ten 20rnd mags and 2,000rnds of ammo I'll sell you for $25,000.00 ;)

NOT! I wouldn't take any amount of money... Not for sale! HA HA! ;)
Man, I'm jealous. I've only seen 2 .308 Galils..ever.. And.I've never seen a mag for them, let alone 10.
Lucky devil!

I just got back from Bimart to see if they got any Pmag or Ammo in with no luck. What gets me is there is a guy next to me asks me if i wanted to buy some mags? i ask how much and he says 50 and I are they the same ones that sell here for &18.95/ he says yes he bought them here. i laughted and said are you joking. What a bunch of scum Bags. It really pisses me off.

My favorite so far has been on this site..... Listed just recently. Glock 19 I think it was, and the guy wanted 2500 rounds of good brass cased 223 ammo, or DOUBLE THAT if it was steel cased.
The reason it's my favorite is the absolute disconnect between his perception of the how the value has raised on his gun, vs that of current ammo prices.
Glock prices were silly enough before this all happened.

Don't hate the players, People that are upset do you complain that gold was $400 OZ NOW ITS $1700. Some of us had the foresight to see this happening.My advice to you is stock up now cuz the prices are not going down ever!

I'm actually thinking this is the biggest rouse in history.... Lets base our fiat currency on gold....then lets dilute that value...thus giving the perception that the BASE currency is worth more. Wrong answer.....they've horn swaggled (technical term) the entire country into thinking the "value" of gold is up and won't go down. An ounce of gold is worth EXACTLY what it was 200 years ago....1 ounce of gold. The only thing that has changed is how many pieces of paper gets exchanged for it. Smoke and mirrors....and the punch line is "Quantitative Easing".

3.5 years of stock gone in 1 month! PRICES ARE NOT GOING DOWN!!! do you think 1 month of building pmags is going to quench the demand for them when 3.5 years worth is gone in 2 weeks? I backordered 50 of them the day they ran out. I bought a thousand rounds of ammo to lock my price in as prices rose. i have over 1000 rounds of .223 that i will trade at artificially inflated prices for 308 at artificially inflated prices. I have no problem with gouging as long as i have a gougeable product to trade. And people buying pmags on ebay is not the seller gouging them, they are BIDDING on those items and gouging themselves! The only downside is the person who is sitting on the fence wondering whether to buy or not to buy, GROW SOME BALLS and jump in before its TOO LATE!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top