JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looked at them, shot them, still don't want one. And no, a suppressor will not change my mind, I find them to a waste of money.

So you totally hated shooting them and got zero enjoyment out of it?

If all decisions in life were based on whether they were a waste of money or not I don't think this world would be worth living in.

So you totally hated shooting them and got zero enjoyment out of it?

If all decisions in life were based on whether they were a waste of money or not I don't think this world would be worth living in.
Nope, was totally unimpressed. But I feel the same way about ARs, AKs and everything else in that general category.

Looked at them, shot them, still don't want one. And no, a suppressor will not change my mind, I find them to be a waste of money.
Nope, was totally unimpressed. But I feel the same way about ARs, AKs and everything else in that general category.
kellysheroes2t1oddball.jpg

:D

Pcc's (modern) have not been perfected yet.
What exactly do you mean by 'not been perfected yet' ?

While not perfect I find my Ruger PCC to be a pretty nice rifle.

Very nice machine work, good fit and finish and a design and action that is both simple, effective and very easy to maintain.

It would be neat to see an M1 Carbine lookalike in :
.45acp
9mm
.40S&W
10mm

Or have Ruger bring back there original .44 Magnum carbine , but in the above calibers with the original tube magazine that Ruger had for their .44 Magnum carbines.
Andy
Someone made a 9mm M1 carbine that runs M9 beretta mags .
I want to say chiappa, but I don't know if it's a real production gun.

So...What's wrong with bringing back the original M1 Carbine ?:s0092:

Other than it is illegal to hunt anything other than varmints with it in most states. 16 gr. of 2400 and a Speer Half jacket did everything I asked of it.:s0023:
For some reason the people who have tried to bring those back do not seem to be able to make them well. Damn things are really nice but the at the price they sell for I keep hearing people who got one that was a dumpster fire too often. As many as we cranked out long ago it could not be that hard to make them well now but, so far it does not seem to happen. Too much QA problem, letting out bad ones. Would really be a bummer to pay that price and have a rifle that does not want to work.:mad:

Very nice machine work, good fit and finish and a design and action that is both simple, effective and very easy to maintain.
I was puzzled by that too. The old Kel-Tec I have never fails. It was so cheap it still impresses me. My Ruger was fairly cheap ($525) and it too just will not stop. Other than hoping they come out with it in a couple more calibers I can't think of much else they could do to improve it, love that little rifle.

Well then, gotta say, this discussion probably ain't for you.

Those 9mm M1a, I missed out on one that took BHP mags a few years back when I lived in the south, as in ex confederate state. Dude wanted $500 for it cash and carry. It had a small fortune in mags with it.

As far as reliably of the PCC, they seem to do pretty good. Only real touchy one I've dealt with was an AR in 45ACP. I have buddies that swear by their HiPoint carbine.

I was puzzled by that too. The old Kel-Tec I have never fails. It was so cheap it still impresses me. My Ruger was fairly cheap ($525) and it too just will not stop. Other than hoping they come out with it in a couple more calibers I can't think of much else they could do to improve it, love that little rifle.
For some reason the people who have tried to bring those back do not seem to be able to make them well. Damn things are really nice but the at the price they sell for I keep hearing people who got one that was a dumpster fire too often. As many as we cranked out long ago it could not be that hard to make them well now but, so far it does not seem to happen. Too much QA problem, letting out bad ones. Would really be a bummer to pay that price and have a rifle that does not want to work.:mad:
It might be quality of the tooling.
Might be quality of the workers
Might be the quality of the materials
Might be the quality of workmanship (or lack thereof?)

Could be they were made using people who don't have 20, 30+ years of experience hand fitting, hand finishing, checking tolerances, and doing things to firearms before sending them out?

As far as reliably of the PCC, they seem to do pretty good. Only real touchy one I've dealt with was an AR in 45ACP. I have buddies that swear by their HiPoint carbine.

Those damn things have been amazing from the time they hit. I was really into PCC's long before they took off. When those things hit they were cheap and butt ugly but they just worked. They were selling for about $150. I thought surely they could not be worth anything until a couple people started buying them. I almost bought one a few times after trying them just because they were so damn cheap and they just worked. They of course are not that cheap any more but there are many video's of people buying one to try to make it fail, and finding out it's damn hard to kill one. The one big down side is the mags sadly but they do sure work.

It might be quality of the tooling.
Might be quality of the workers
Might be the quality of the materials
Might be the quality of workmanship (or lack thereof?)

Could be they were made using people who don't have 20, 30+ years of experience hand fitting, hand finishing, checking tolerances, and doing things to firearms before sending them out?
You mean CRAFTSMEN?

We can do without grouchy old gunsmiths, or anyone grouchy and self-righteous who uses their age, appearance, or anything quite frankly as a shield, or smokescreen for who they really are.
Until you've had a lifetime's worth of hearing the same stupid questions :rolleyes:

Honestly, just reading some FAQs on some sites and just reading certain subreddits.. I can see where the grouchiness comes from :confused:

Its a nice gun and may be perfect for your use. By perfected i mean just that, EVERY detail is right. I think the mpx may be the closest there is in modern ergos but its only in 9mm. Straight in straight out mags at a conventional angle, non blowback operating system. Ar15 ergos.
Give the ruger pcc some different controls mags at a more conventional angle and other cartridge options and it would be a top contender for blowbacks but it would still be just that, a blowback. On the plus side its probably the closest thing ive ever seen to a modernized m1 carbine style rifle which makes it cool in its own regard.

We can do without grouchy old gunsmiths, or anyone grouchy and self-righteous who uses their age, appearance, or anything quite frankly as a shield, or smokescreen for who they really are.
Some of those grouchy old gunsmiths are a wealth of knowledge and will flood you with info if you just ask and are genuinely interested. I've had the opportunity to befriend a couple and it is amazing what they know and do and can teach. Sadly it seems gunsmithing is becoming a lost art. People want instant gratification. In 20-30 years when the grouchy old 80 year old gunsmiths are gone we will realize how much we took for granted.

Take the time and put in the effort to learn from them. Many will share their knowledge. Some won't but I bet you most will.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top