JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
given various other choices, and even being a lever-fan, I've never discovered the use of such as these, however 'historical' they may be:

View attachment 580205
If I'm not mistaken the Mares Leg was a Hollywood invention first seen on TV, strapped on the leg of a bounty hunter or some such, back in the '60's, I don't know of one made prior to that.
Correct me if I'm wro, uh mistaken.
Gabby

I think the mpx may be the closest there is in modern ergos
Not knowing what an MPX was I looked it up and ergos aside all I see is big, gaudy, lots of sharp squared off edges and what is that huge cage like device around the barrel all the way to the end? I'm sure being a SIG it is probably a quality gun but it sure could have been trimmed down, slicked up and made a a lot more visually appealing.

If this is perfection I'll always be be in the 'back row' with less than perfect!

images.jpg

Not knowing what an MPX was I looked it up and ergos aside all I see is big, gaudy, lots of sharp squared off edges and what is that huge cage like device around the barrel all the way to the end? I'm sure being a SIG it is probably a quality gun but it sure could have been trimmed down, slicked up and made a a lot more visually appealing.

If this is perfection I'll always be be in the 'back row' with less than perfect!

View attachment 804706
It can be a quality gun, Sig Saeur USA just ain't the same as the Switzerland counterpart.

Let's be honest, the full benefits of putting a pistol caliber in a shoulder-fired, "rifle"-like operating system are only realized when there is a full-auto option ;). Perhaps someday the irrational/unconstitutional restrictions and fear of fully automatic firearms will be done away with; until then I am perfectly happy with my 9mm Kel Tec Sub2K Gen 2!

It certainly isn't going to win any pageants for aesthetics, but it more than makes up for it in its performance and logistical convenience.

the full benefits of putting a pistol caliber in a shoulder-fired, "rifle"-like operating system are only realized when there is a full-auto option
Full auto is just a mode of operation regardless if it is a pistol, or rifle cartridge.

There are lots of pistol calibers in non full, or semi auto platforms and their benefit is well realized - such as .357 in a lever action rifle.

9mm is nothing different and is very beneficial in semi-auto operation - or any other operation as well such as a revolver.

Full auto is just a mode of operation regardless if it is a pistol, or rifle cartridge.

There are lots of pistol calibers in non full, or semi auto platforms and their benefit is well realized - such as .357 in a lever action rifle.

9mm is nothing different and is very beneficial in semi-auto operation - or any other operation as well such as a revolver.

I guess I should have been more specific; I was more so alluding to A. Semi-auto platforms that have similar dimensions to true rifle caliber carbines, and B. Semi-automatic-only clones of firearms originally designed to shoot full-auto.

I am certainly not looking down on any PCC or saying they have no purpose without full-auto; just that (historically) part of the appeal of having a pistol caliber in a shoulder-mounted package is its increased controllability—as compared to a rifle caliber—when firing fully automatic.

I still have plenty of semi-automatic fun with my Sub2K (and just as much lever-action fun with my 1894C in 357 magnum!):D

I think it's because the mags are sooo small looking (kinda goofy/out of proportion). I realize that size isn't supposed to matter much down there ... but geeeze .... they often look like someone washed their PCC in ice-water! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top