JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh yeah, to the Bend Mayor Pro Tem in favor of this drivel, as soon as your PD only needs ten rounds to save their lives will I give up my magazines. Pound sand.
Exactly this! I should be able to have all of the tools available to me that the people who are supposedly there to protect me have.

Unless Oregon confiscate every firearm in the state and somehow block all guns from other states, all they can hope for is some new gun owner or illegal gun owner (criminal) doesn't try anything.

Basically a worthless idea that won't work as advertised AND per usual, it comes with zero guarantee of my safety. It actually makes me less safe.

They don't believe it will "work." It's not about safety, never was. It's about control.

10 is the magic number for mag bans because it covers every remotely modern, semi-auto handgun design, among other things. It effects tge most people.

Most of us will have to jump through all sorts of hoops to comply. Many will become accidental criminals. Those folks and the dissenters will be made examples of. Those who comply, they expect, will become just a little bit more accustomed to giving away rights.

AR-15 is the favorite rifle to ban for the same reason. It's the most popular and prevalent design in circulation. Therefore, a ban of the AR-15 would affect the largest number of gun owners with rifles.

I just explained the reality of 114 to a family member who is averse to guns and thought it "sounded like a good idea." I explained what it would mean to me and my home. She's now enthusiastically voting no.

We gotta talk to people. There are a lot of people who are reasonable, but ignorant, and/or hearing only the anti-gun propaganda.

As others have said here, there are also a lot of gun people who don't vote in mid-terms and aren't even aware of this measure.

They don't believe it will "work." It's not about safety, never was. It's about control.

10 is the magic number for mag bans because it covers every remotely modern, semi-auto handgun design, among other things. It effects tge most people.

Most of us will have to jump through all sorts of hoops to comply. Many will become accidental criminals. Those folks and the dissenters will be made examples of. Those who comply, they expect, will become just a little bit more accustomed to giving away rights.

AR-15 is the favorite rifle to ban for the same reason. It's the most popular and prevalent design in circulation. Therefore, a ban of the AR-15 would affect the largest number of gun owners with rifles.

I just explained the reality of 114 to a family member who is averse to guns and thought it "sounded like a good idea." I explained what it would mean to me and my home. She's now enthusiastically voting no.

We gotta talk to people. There are a lot of people who are reasonable, but ignorant, and/or hearing only the anti-gun propaganda.

As others have said here, there are also a lot of gun people who don't vote in mid-terms and aren't even aware of this measure.
This right here.
Just think if half the people on this forum (lurkers too) would actually talk to as many people as they can in a sane manner to explain to them what this initiative really means especially for self-defense for their family members. I'd be willing to say more than half of them might change their minds.
Along with mentioning that these feel good anti-gun laws do not target the very people that commit crimes with guns, criminals.
Ask them if they feel safe in the big cities of Oregon-USA.

Fastest way I can think to break it down to people who own guns but aren't aware of trickery is to say;

This basically turns us into a MAY ISSUE state for buying/owning guns. Our concealed carry process is SHALL ISSUE. How does that make sense?

For those not convinced this will impact people;

Do you really think antifa or BLM is going to support having the police be the deciding factor if they can exercise their rights? By voting for this measure you directly impact people most likely to be targeted by police aggression as we've seen over the last 2 years.

For some others;

The OSP with oversight from lawmakers have final say in how the measure will work about requirements, so this isn't set in stone.

For the magazine angle;

The burden of proof is on the state to convince that you violated with a grandfathered in magazine, how exactly would they prove this without abuse currently?

Finally;

You know this impacts people's livelyhood and profession correct? That many FFLs will likely be going out of business from a lack of sales and that's that much less revenue for the state.

AND aside from all this how about that TV PS announcement by the BIL of Steve Forsyth who was killed in the Clackamas shooting?

The guy clearly says 'I am a responsible gun owner who supports 114 because it will make hi cap mags illegal, like the one that killed my brother in law'

Since when do magazines kill people?

And he said no more so how many unknowing types will think 114 is just about mags?

Seeing pro 114 ads on YouTube. Lots of misrepresentation, seems the sound byte for the short ads is to have background checks, which we already have. I'll try to start snagging them.

For those who would like to stop seeing the pro 114 ads on youtube,

You can add this to your browser of choice on desktop, add extension and forget. You can turn it off simply by left click then click disable and refresh.

For mobile if you use firefox you can add it there too, same process.

Deny them metrics

For those who would like to stop seeing the pro 114 ads on youtube,

You can add this to your browser of choice on desktop, add extension and forget. You can turn it off simply by left click then click disable and refresh.

For mobile if you use firefox you can add it there too, same process.

Deny them metrics
Awesome, but right now I want to see the misleading lies these peckerwoods are telling my friends and neighbors. Will likely look into that blocker after the election

This right here.
Just think if half the people on this forum (lurkers too) would actually talk to as many people as they can in a sane manner to explain to them what this initiative really means especially for self-defense for their family members. I'd be willing to say more than half of them might change their minds.
Along with mentioning that these feel good anti-gun laws do not target the very people that commit crimes with guns, criminals.
Ask them if they feel safe in the big cities of Oregon-USA.
"Sane" is the key word. Screaming "Shall not infringe!" And walking away or throwing insults does nothing. It's the equivalent of the melting ice cream cone, with green hair, and pierced nose screaming "My body, My choice!"

People immediately quit listening.

I had the same conversation with a long time friend, a gun owner no less.

Playing lip service is going to be a factor with this bill I think. A social visit when the ballots come in might be helpful. Some people can forget how to mark the correct box when the time comes.

Don't forget to click the little circled i in the lower left corner of those pro 114 ads.. Report these ads as false. Google has added another screen you have to click through to report the ad but eventually you'll get to the false/misleading option.

Was watching a Hickock45 video & one of these false misleading ads popped on.

Video was streaming on our TV, so not sure how to report it. Pretty scummy, while also incredibly ironic where they put the ad.

At a guess, it may be this Paul Shively, an Oregon Healthcare Authority program manager

My, an OHA drone supporting more government control. Quelle surprise!

If it's the correct Shively, of course.
Look him up on Linked-In. If he's who I think he is he's a shill:

Program Manager
Oregon Health Authority
Mar 2021 - Present - 1 year 8 months

Project Director
The Pew Charitable Trusts
Jan 2011 - May 2020 - 9 years 5 months
Portland, Oregon
• Developed and directed Pew's West Coast ocean conservation program for approximately 9 ½ years.
• Led the growth from a single-issue portfolio (forage fish conservation) to multiple ocean campaigns along the West Coast.
• Built conservation campaigns including precedent-setting West Coast forage fish protections; prevention of longline swordfish fishery authorization; and approval of a new gear type (deep-set buoy gear) as an alternative to drift gillnets in the West Coast swordfish fishery.
• Developed an annual budget of approximately $1 mil/annually, including donor cultivation and internal campaign development.

Senior Regional Representative/Manager
Sierra Club
Dec 2000 - Dec 2010 - 10 years 1 month
Missoula, Montana, United States
• Served as main liaison between national organization and state chapters.
• Conducted major conservation campaigns including wilderness additions to MT Hood and additional LWCF land acquisitions in the Columbia River Gorge as part of Sierra Club's Lewis and Clark Bicentennial branding.
• Lead Sierra Club staff on coalition to remove four lower Snake river dams.
• Organized and participated in "fly-ins" and other lobby trips to Washington, DC.
• Managed two major political campaign efforts including volunteer canvass efforts in greater Portland area during 2004 Presidential election.

Look him up on Linked-In. If he's who I think he is he's a shill:

Program Manager
Oregon Health Authority
Mar 2021 - Present - 1 year 8 months

Project Director
The Pew Charitable Trusts
Jan 2011 - May 2020 - 9 years 5 months
Portland, Oregon

Senior Regional Representative/Manager
Sierra Club
Dec 2000 - Dec 2010 - 10 years 1 month
Missoula, Montana, United States
• Organized and participated in "fly-ins" and other lobby trips to Washington, DC.
• Managed two major political campaign efforts including volunteer canvass efforts in greater Portland area during 2004 Presidential election.
Thanks; I deleted my LinkedIn account so I couldn't see his entry. (I've been retired for years and LI kept sending me job inquiries - no, dagnabbit, I'm not available!)

Ah finally 114 is here to put an end to all the crime. That'll stop all of the shootings we've seen in an uptick. Oh...wait... NO it isn't and NO it won't...

What it WILL do is make it harder for the people who live in areas most affected by these shootings to access a firearm to protect themselves. I truly feel bad for people living in these areas. I live pretty close to a bad area myself (recently gone really bad). They're going to be sitting ducks for crimes committed against them and their properties with little hope of getting out of it. Maybe they can sell their house to some ultra-left-progressive who thinks this kind of garbage keeps them safe.

Ah finally 114 is here to put an end to all the crime. That'll stop all of the shootings we've seen in an uptick. Oh...wait... NO it isn't and NO it won't...

What it WILL do is make it harder for the people who live in areas most affected by these shootings to access a firearm to protect themselves. I truly feel bad for people living in these areas. I live pretty close to a bad area myself (recently gone really bad). They're going to be sitting ducks for crimes committed against them and their properties with little hope of getting out of it. Maybe they can sell their house to some ultra-left-progressive who thinks this kind of garbage keeps them safe.

[sarcasm] Well, all they will need to do is rent a gun from a gun range for $50, and take a live fire class for maybe $300 plus $50 in ammunition, and pay for a permit to purchase for maybe $150, and pay a background check fee maybe $25 (by the time they are through "improving" the process), and then pay $60 for a CHL and another background check, and then pay $500 for a gun with which to defend themselves and their home. That's only $1135.00. Residents of neighborhoods where crime is the worst should be glad to forgo rent and eating for a month or two in order to exercise their constitutional rights, right? [/sarcasm]

My bet is that this is one of the more recent woke "gun owners" that ran out an bought their first firearm when they were 45yo because of the "state of this country" and "i need to protect myself".

And you KNOW the leftist media is jumping all over them and putting it up-front and center in there woke-liberal agenda.

BAH!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top