JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did she fudge the ballot results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Disgraced Fmr Secretary of State Shemia Fagan, who had been in charge of reporting official ballot results, had something un-democratic to do with the 51/49 percent passage of Measure 114, in y2022.

Basics of her resignation:

I don't think she had any election-time direct interferences.

However, these seem to be problems:

Long term failure to support/supervise/require voter list maintenance.

Accepting M114 as one topic when it clearly is two.

Weird, namby-pamby ballot title that does not reflect the content.

Failure to properly scrutinize the signatures on the petitions to get M114 on the ballot.

==

I don't know if SOS has the power to send back a ballot measure because it's incoherent and the crayon smeared.

I think all the certification and dates and stuff after the election is actually what the O constitution requires; funny how the constitution only got considered after the election.

I'm new to the forum. The SOS has a lot of power to regulate what makes the ballot and what does not. I have found that elected officials (except judges) are not super interested in the constitutionality of what they do.

I mostly agree with @Librarian in that there wasn't any direct interferences with ballot counting. Multnomah County is responsible for the passage of M114 because its residents overwhelmingly voted yes on the measure. If you remove Multnomah County from the equation, Oregon would've voted down M114 about by about 10% (45% yes, 55% no).

I do think Shemia played soft with the requirement under the Oregon Constitution that initiative petition be of a single issue or closely related subjects (I would be willing to debate if purchase permits and magazine limits for firearms are closely related). If my memory serves me properly, LEVOs previous attempts at getting this IP on the ballot failed back in like 2017 or 2018 because it wasn't single-issue according to then Sec. of State Richardson.

Last Edited:
Looking back.....
https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2022/05/17/oregon-appears-headed-towards-a-low-turnout/

and yet.. look what happened

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/01/05/oregon-voter-turnout-highest-in-us-general-election-2022/

Uh, I don't buy it.. As with ghost guns.. ghost voters anyone ?

1684194383749.png
Making it all look legit...

Last Edited:
If this will post… interesting article I have seen on several places

If this will post… interesting article I have seen on several places

Oh dear lord, is that the best we can do?

In a forum whose membership is absolutely in a tiny minority of voters; I do seem to recall more than a few voters here who have never gotten validation nor official confirmation that their ballots were counted, in Clackamas County and a few others... and considering which party has been in majority and Governorship for Oregon for a good long time.. and who's been appointing Sec of State.. and who's been literally stacking the Oregon Supreme Court with their favored Judges... is it any surprise that there's allegations and accusations of election meddling? On the flip side.. it does seem like one specific party tries so hard to lose.

In a forum whose membership is absolutely in a tiny minority of voters; I do seem to recall more than a few voters here who have never gotten validation nor official confirmation that their ballots were counted, in Clackamas County and a few others... and considering which party has been in majority and Governorship for Oregon for a good long time.. and who's been appointing Sec of State.. and who's been literally stacking the Oregon Supreme Court with their favored Judges... is it any surprise that there's allegations and accusations of election meddling? On the flip side.. it does seem like one specific party tries so hard to lose.
To this end, just a few weeks ago I received notification that my November ballot had indeed been successfully counted…. So essentially 6 months to be notified that they counted a particular ballot…. Makes me Wonder about the goings on at the Washington County Board of Elections…

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last Edited:
To this end, just a few weeks ago I received notification that my November ballot had indeed been successfully counted…. So essentially 6 months to be notified that they counted a particular ballot…. Makes me Wonder about the goings on at the Washington County Board of Elections…

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Wait but didn't Shemia say that M114 went into effect Dec 8th/9th!? :rolleyes:

Sorry. Had not noticed that there was a concurrent thread on the same topic, but I figure the poll is still valid.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to believe that a party that is so inept that it can't even cover up a minor campaign filing issue could somehow come up with hundreds (if not thousands!) of people to orchestrate an Ocean's 11 style ballot harvesting heist and NOT EVEN ONE of those people got high or drunk or whatever and ran the mouth off and spilled actual details of how it went down

There are some great reasons to challenge 114 in court, from the Constitutionality of the restrictions to the formatting of the mesure, but in the end this case will do our side more harm than good.

But that's just my opinion

I do think Shemia played soft with the requirement under the Oregon Constitution that initiative petition be of a single issue or closely related subjects (I would be willing to debate if purchase permits and magazine limits for firearms are closely related). If my memory serves me properly, LEVOs previous attempts at getting this IP on the ballot failed back in like 2017 or 2018 because it wasn't single-issue according to then Sec. of State Richardson.
^^This.

When you were a kid, you probably observed adults playing favorites and thought it was unfair. Some kids got scolded more or less than others for doing the same thing. Well playing favorites still happens. Not hard to believe at all.

According to the losing side :rolleyes: to the "winning side" its just "the mandate of the people" :rolleyes:
"Hyperpartisan" is a word someone recently used. I think the word fits.

If one of us says something stupid in public, the media will cover it for a week. If one of our betters wishes cancer on us, shuns us, intimidates or otherwise "cancels" us it's NBD. Setting fires, breaking glass, destroying property? NBD if you are on the correct team.

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Ds walked out on the job they would be "heroes standing up to fascism" just like those idiots in TN.

I would hesitate to say that Fagan got bought off on 114, except for the massive campaign contributions that influence her thinking in general. The pot thing seemed like a clear buy-off to me. What happens in my experience is that a left leaning politico will call all the close ones in the direction of their politics. We could debate the "one-issue" all day, and I think there were several issues there, but the subjectivity on that allowed her to go left with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top