JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am cynical by nature so my view is negative of course. The big picture has the country $30+ trillion in debt, they just print up all the money they want to spend the same way they print up all the ballots it takes to win.

Enjoy life for the every day pleasure it brings but prepare for the hardships the elite have coming our way. Every generation deals with crap from the elite.
Spot on

Or possession of more than ten links whether they are loose or in a ten round or less belt, since they could be turned into *gasp* an eleven round belt.

You can have them, if you have them before the "ban" and you keep them within the constraints of the new law.

But yes, they would be considered a "large capacity magazine". I think even stripper clips with a capacity of more than 10 rounds would be too - although I don't recall any clips of that size.
Right. It's not about possession. You could have them in your home, and at the place of "recreation." You'd just have to keep them in a locked container when transporting them back and forth. That is an certainly an inconvenience if not an infringement, but it shouldn't mean a lot to owners since not many people have belt fed firearms for their EDC.

So, the way I read that (and excuse for not reading/checking subsequent posts that may discuss this), if you have enough belt links to make a belt capable of holding more than 10 rounds, whether they are linked together or not, that would count as being a "large capacity magazine".

Since, in general, any number of links of the same type can be linked together, you can't get around this part of the law by having those links separate if you have enough links to hold more than ten rounds - separate or not - but I think I am repeating myself.
If the law is interpreted that way, the big effect will be on sale and purchase, not possession. Since transfer and manufacture would be prohibited, you won't be able to buy or sell even a single link. I don't know how fast links wear out, but that is definitely something for owners of belt fed firearms to consider.

You ever get the feeling you're being marginalized.....

Yes. We need to remember to send gunresponsibility.org a copy of the court decision declaring this measure unconstitutional with a big F you.

so isn't a ballot supposed to have only one issue?? doens't that make this measure void ? its two issues in one ballot......
Yes, supposed to be just one subject.

But I'd rather have the unconstitutional content challenged in Federal court than the state-level technicality in Oregon state court. I'd expect to lose the state case, and the Feds might delay for completion of state.

Bunch of 🐑🐑. It's easy to see why Oregon is as bubblegumed up as it is. WHEN they pass an unconstitutional measure to start confiscation, several here will be first in line at the drop off location.

Last Edited:
Bunch of 🐑🐑. It's easy to see why Oregon is as bubblegumed up as it is. WHEN they pass an unconstitutional measure to start confiscation, several here will be first in line at the drop off location.
What this dude said, stupid bubblegum boomers will be first in line to apply shoe polish with their tongue.
Average complying cuck be like "Oh yes massa govment, I shore wouldn't neva break the law, I'm a good little boy and I follow everything you say and do!"

Is this true? Seem to remember it applies to measures that change the constitution, but not just Oregon Statutes.
Oregon Constitution: Article IV, Section 1, (2)(d)

(d) An initiative petition shall include
the full text of the proposed law or amendment
to the Constitution. A proposed law or
amendment to the Constitution shall embrace
one subject only and matters properly
connected therewith.

What this dude said, stupid bubblegum boomers will be first in line to apply shoe polish with their tongue.
Average complying cuck be like "Oh yes massa govment, I shore wouldn't neva break the law, I'm a good little boy and I follow everything you say and do!"
The "liberal gun owners" and fudds are the worst for this. People who impersonate actual deeply concerned 2nd amendment defending gun owners and will not only be the first in line at confiscations but will be the first to rat you out. Treacherous inclinations.

quote-a-nation-can-survive-its-fools-and-even-the-ambitious-but-it-cannot-survive-treason-marc...jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top