JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back to OP's thoughts:
In celebration of the latest 114 fail, I purchased another "bad" pistol.
Something I've never owned. A full sized .380 As in a 4½" barrel and full size handle, with a proper 15 round capacity.
Never owned nor handled a full sized 380 before, just the compact and micro walther PPK, Mauser HST, Bersa thunder, Sig p230 and 238, Ruger LCP and plus, and a whole slew of others I'm forgetting.
This one's called a Grand Power LP380. Looks kinda sorta like a CZ.
Apparently they're popular in S. America where you can't own a 9mm but want a full size pistol.
Sorry, no pics. It's already purchased, but hasn't been shipped to my FFL yet. Also got a few extra magazines for it too.

Back to OP's thoughts:
In celebration of the latest 114 fail, I purchased another "bad" pistol.
Something I've never owned. A full sized .380 As in a 4½" barrel and full size handle, with a proper 15 round capacity.
Never owned nor handled a full sized 380 before, just the compact and micro walther PPK, Mauser HST, Bersa thunder, Sig p230 and 238, Ruger LCP and plus, and a whole slew of others I'm forgetting.
This one's called a Grand Power LP380. Looks kinda sorta like a CZ.
Apparently they're popular in S. America where you can't own a 9mm but want a full size pistol.
Sorry, no pics. It's already purchased, but hasn't been shipped to my FFL yet. Also got a few extra magazines for it too.
Does that one have the rotating barrel? I remember the competition guys swore by those after they came out. But haven't heard much about them lately. As I recall the rotating barrel created a delay which reduced recoil. Or so people said at the time anyway. That may have been only the 9mm models though I don't know. I do know my non-roller delay Stribog has never had a malfunction and is more accurate (meaning easy to shoot well) than my MKE mp5 clones. But I've never done a head to head timed comparison of Stribog vs mp5. It's uncanny how accurate that thing is. Would love to hear a range report after you put it through its paces.

If the decision stands making M114 unconstitutional, they won't be able to pass laws that do the same thing. However, they can impose other restrictions like a 3-10 day wait and age restrictions.
Sure they can - you already explained that:
There is also a popular opinion among democrats that it's not up to them to interpret the constitution, they pass laws and let the courts sort it out.
There's no 'is it constitutional?' filter at the offices of the Chief Clerk or Legislative Counsel. There should be such a filter, of course.

Does that one have the rotating barrel? I remember the competition guys swore by those after they came out. But haven't heard much about them lately. As I recall the rotating barrel created a delay which reduced recoil. Or so people said at the time anyway. That may have been only the 9mm models though I don't know. I do know my non-roller delay Stribog has never had a malfunction and is more accurate (meaning easy to shoot well) than my MKE mp5 clones. But I've never done a head to head timed comparison of Stribog vs mp5. It's uncanny how accurate that thing is. Would love to hear a range report after you put it through its paces.
No, Grand Power's 380s and 22lr pistols are traditional fixed barrel blowbacks.
Not enough energy to reliably cycle them. Rotating barrels start at 9mm.
I also own a Stribog, the newer model with the roller delay. Absolutely 100% reliable, never had a failure except for a dud primer or two.
This is why I purchased another Grand Power, sight unseen, without even knowing anyone who owns one.

20220824_104709.jpg

No, Grand Power's 380s and 22lr pistols are traditional fixed barrel blowbacks.
Not enough energy to reliably cycle them. Rotating barrels start at 9mm.
I also own a Stribog, the newer model with the roller delay. Absolutely 100% reliable, never had a failure except for a dud primer or two.
This is why I purchased another Grand Power, sight unseen, without even knowing anyone who owns one.

View attachment 1769423
I'm tempted to do the same. Very well built for the $.

Btw I added the hb industries trigger spring kit and it's nice for $11 or whatever. Also added their "fan" muzzle brake. It helps also (fwiw). The brake might not make that much difference on the roller delay model though I dunno. Love that telescopic brace in the pic.

Here's what the fan brake looks like. The big vertical grip in pic is just playing around (Larping ha ha). Took advantage of the free sbr signup to put folding stock on it. It normally has regular small vertical foregrip on it.
14D22C96-7873-4118-8528-7794B8AB879D.jpeg

As taxpayers, we put out a significant amount of money for Office of Legislative Counsel to review bills. Apparently, either the procedure is bypassed or ignored.
Interesting. Seems to me only way the legislative counsel thing would work is if they are independent of political parties AND they had "teeth". If they are advisory only then Dems can just ignore whatever they say (as you said).

While it's nice to say, it's really full of fluff.

Measure 114 happened because of outside money from people who haven't ever set foot in Oregon.

We need to remove outside influences in our measures and politicians.

Remove the Soros and leftist bored elites looking for table scraps.

I've asked my local legiscritters on sponsoring bills to ban outside money but they said it's a pipedream due to Scotus rulings on 1st amendment grounds.🙄
Sadly that's what happens in Washington also.

As taxpayers, we put out a significant amount of money for Office of Legislative Counsel to review bills. Apparently, either the procedure is bypassed or ignored.
Their 'Drafting a bill' page does include
Not every idea can be made into a bill; some ideas would violate the state or federal constitution if they became law.
Seems like that's an 'academic' position, with no connection to 'real world politics'.

Wouldn't affect a ballot measure, as those don't run through the Legislature, but should affect the Legislature in its attempt to create enabling legislation to implement the measure.

Imagine "The people in Oregon have voted to make the value of Pi exactly 3.14. Unusually, they seem to have wanted to reduce irrationality in the State. Let us now insert that into Oregon Revised Statutes ..."

The invasive species who have moved to Oregon in the past few decades, are the ones who are pushing for these unconstitutional mandates and are trying to change a great State, into the sh*thole that they moved from. Common sense isn't common anymore...

The invasive species who have moved to Oregon in the past few decades, are the ones who are pushing for these unconstitutional mandates and are trying to change a great State, into the sh*thole that they moved from. Common sense isn't common anymore...
I hear that Bend is overrun with Californians now. Is there any truth to that?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top