JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really don't see any mandate for them to bring something out this coming session. With the 9th committed to reviewing Duncan V Bonta the week of March 18th, it doesn't seem logical for the Oregon Dems to bring something up before that happens. I doubt the Oregon Supremes will have heard the Bonita decision by the time the session is over on March 10th. It just doesn't make sense.
Not saying they would, only that they can be expected to break any rule or procedure to sneak anti-gun legislation through if they want to. I have no idea what they have planned or not for upcoming sessions.

Last Edited:
I really don't see any mandate for them to bring something out this coming session. With the 9th committed to reviewing Duncan V Bonta the week of March 18th, it doesn't seem logical for the Oregon Dems to bring something up before that happens. I doubt the Oregon Supremes will have heard the Bonita decision by the time the session is over on March 10th. It just doesn't make sense.

Not saying they would, only that they can be expected to break any rule or procedure to sneak anti-gun legislation through if they want to. I have idea what they have planned or not for upcoming sessions.
Nobody ever said legislators have to make sense to write and pass whatever they try to pass using "emergency Clauses" and so on :rolleyes: perhaps, budget bill with a rider of funding for "gun violence prevention" with "emergency clause" gun bill (M114 reworked to "pass constitutional muster")

Can someone tell the only retailer who went full derp on this so we can go back to bubbleguming about them being overpriced and understocked? Cabela's needs to get its bubblegum together

And, on the Federal front, the appeal to the 9th has been stayed until the result of Duncan, the CA case on magazines.

That's the joined cases of Fitz, Azzopardi, Eyre and OFF.
I'm assuming this is it: https://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/en-banc/

Subject Matter: Appeal from the district court's orders dismissing plaintiffs' Second Amended Complaint and denying plaintiffs' motion for a preliminary injunction in an action seeking to enjoin the State of California and the California Attorney General from enforcing California Assembly Bill 5, as amended by California Assembly Bills 170 and 2257

Duncan v. Bonta, Nos. 23-55805

Three-Judge Panel Opinion: Not applicable

Order Taking Case En Banc: 83 F.4th 803 (9th Cir. 2023)

Date of Order Taking Case En Banc: October 10, 2023

Status: To be calendared week of March 18, 2024, in San Francisco, California. On October 10, 2023, the en banc court granted the California Attorney General's emergency motion for a partial stay pending appeal and accepted this appeal as a comeback case.

Members of En Banc Court: MURGUIA, Chief Judge, and S.R. THOMAS, GRABER, WARDLAW, PAEZ, BERZON, IKUTA, HURWITZ, R. NELSON, BUMATAY and VANDYKE, Circuit Judges

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top