JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 1452617

A 16th century painting showing the skinning alive of a corrupt judge, Sisamnes, in the year 500BC. Sisamnes was a corrupt royal judge at the time of Cambyses ll in Persia. It was discovered that he took a bribe in court and passed an unfair judgement. As a consequence the king ordered that he be arrested for his corruption and ordered that he be skinned alive.

Before passing judgement the king asked Sisamnes who he wished to nominate as his successor. Sisamnes, in his greed, chose his son, Otanes.

The king agreed and appointed Otanes to replace his father. He subsequently passed judgement and ordered that Sisamnes removed skin should be used to upholster the seat on which the new judge would sit in court to remind him of the potential consequences of corruption.

Otanes, in his deliberations, was forced to always remember that he was always sitting on the skin of his executed father. This helped to ensure fairness and equity in all his hearings, deliberations and sentences.
This thread brought this post to mind, though I'm not sure why??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This thread brought this post to mind, though I'm not sure why??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I would not say judges I disagree with are "corrupt" - at least not in the sense of the story where the judge was bribed.

Beyond keeping their jobs (maybe), judges like the federal judge did not get a bribe (AFAIK) to make their political decisions based on their ideology and not the actual law (the US Constitution) and I certainly do not advocate violence against them - I don't think anyone here actually does. It is just an ironic story.

Just wanted to make that clear.

OTOH, in a different way - many judges are indeed corrupt in the sense of their judgement (both literally and metaphorically)- an aspect that we hired/elected/appointed them for) - in the hopes that they would be impartial and fair, and not let their political leanings influence their rulings.

every thing was based on 1. Pre-Bruen and the Means-End Test for Second Amendment
Challenges ergo we are not going to list bruen.......... what a crock
even the $&#)$&#) foot notes say PRE buren ergo a judge who leaves out a big chuck of case LAW..
to say a law is ok and good to go ... pure BS i mean a child could appeal it and win in a non rigged court......

panic buying will start in 3.....2......1........
I did all my panic buying when the measure first passed. There is nothing left on my list for me to buy. I even bought my first AR(ish) rifle, and I don't even like AR rifles. I now own 2 x .40 S&W pistols which I also never liked (the 40 brass is too hard to discriminate between .45acp and 9mm and jambs my press). I can't count how many high capacity magazines I own now. It is so sad that I have had to start spending money on reloading components instead of guns.

Last Edited:
Note : How such "disarming schemes" are doing in other states.

Aloha, Mark

PS......YEAH, Yeah, yeah......it doesn't take into account the lost/forgotten strategic stockpiles. And perhaps, it just might be a lie to say (after the 1st).......that someone is an actual "Law Abiding Gun Owner". ;) ;)

1701972300184.png

1701971629146.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA