JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fair enough, after all, they're only statistics, a third best option behind lies and damn lies. And arguing over a few percentage points is useless when any percentage is too much.

according to this... Oregon Line of Duty Deaths line of duty and gunfire and automobile deaths for officers are down this year. Don't let conservative, or any other media stoke your fears. Look at numbers.

As for blocking freeways, did they even do that in PDX or seattle? Either way, blocking a road isnt going to make me take a 'threat' seriously. But to each their own.

As another poster mentioned this is not just about your little corner of leftist utopia. Stoke fears? Being concerned doesn't equal being afraid in my book. It means you are paying attention, thinking things through and figuring out how you might possibly deal with a situation that causes you concern.

Do you have kids? I'm wondering if most of the differences in how this threat is perceived has to do with whether or not people have children.

If you are not concerned in the slightest I would really like to see someone with no skin in the game go down to this 'day of nothing' on Nov. 4th and take some video up close and personal like. You could then graciously come share it with us. Or at least me. I would love to see it. I have no desire to put myself in close proximity to these terrorists. I'm sorry that the LEO's and other public servants will have to deal with them and clean up their mess.

I don't live in a utopia, and never claimed to. I live on se 82nd. Politics have little to do with how destitute and desperate or violent people can be when they're cold, tired. hungry, on drugs or mentally unfit.

as far as what constitutes fear, a concern or a threat, that IS up to you, except legally of course, but thats another can of worms. Either way, both sides of the media make money by increasing the level of fear, concern, or whatever you call it.

of course having children effects perceived threats and concerns, they're your kids. If I had kids, I sure as heck wouldn't live where I do now, and would look after myself more carefully. I do not, so I consider different things when it comes to my safety and what acceptable risks are. Thats kinda why I put the 'to each their own' in there. If you feel concerned, feel it, and do what you deem necessary.

I'll go grab a beer downtown Saturday, unarmed too. Anyone is welcome to join me. Maybe a slice of pizza too, theres a hotlips near that spot on Salmon I think, with tables outside. I'm guessing that just like every other protest, 99% of the people will be peaceful and walk right by me. I could be wrong, but even if there are violent folks, I don't know why they would hurt someone eating some pizza.

turbo I hope you can go through the rest of your life with that same level of aloofness without it biting you in the butt.

But you are wrong on where you live though bud. A man doesn't have to claim to live in a leftist utopia for him to live in one.........

Portland may lean left, but it's hardly a utopia. Not sure who thinks it is either, pretty sure every demographic you can categorize is complaining about something.

you call it aloofness, I call it appropriate. I call it fear, you call it concern. It's all subjective.

people laughed at me when I prepped my house, put 100 gallons of fuel and food in my cabin cruiser grabbed my children and made a run for Catalina island during the rodney king riots while my grocery store 5 blocks away began to burn to the ground

given the democrats will stoop to a smear campaign and collusion with the Russians to win an election and sell out American security for profit.
I dont trust democrats decisions any longer whatsoever .....
and sorry I certainly dont trust the little programed college drones the democrats have indoctrinated and churned out to hate our country and using them as a weapon against Americans that dont think group democrat think ...just like democrats used the govt alphabet agencies against Americans as weapons its a tactic of using their constituents to do their bidding, its another dirty democrat attack tactic against Americans

no they hide the news and feed you FAKE NEWS

this is exactly why im ammo'd up this time around

I went to a liberal college, it was probably the least politically influenced time in my life. I don't recall any indoctrination. Instead, I learned how to run a small manufacturing business, and now I do that. Most of my political stances have been formed since I left school and started living a more productive tax paying life.

Both political parties sell horrible things for profit, all news is published for a purpose, and I too have ammo. Take care how you see fit.

I'll give a full report on slice and beer options, prices, as well as the death, destruction and chaos raining down around me. I will embed myself with the most hard boiled of the art student and hippy grandma terrorists to bring you true and accurate information for all pertinent tactical preparations.

If captured, I will swallow a THC capsule, and join in with the fun, man.

I'll give a full report on slice and beer options, prices, as well as the death, destruction and chaos raining down around me. I will embed myself with the most hard boiled of the art student and hippy grandma terrorists to bring you true and accurate information for all pertinent tactical preparations.

If captured, I will swallow a THC capsule, and join in with the fun, man.
Last guy who did that got arrested for trying to protect himself from the protesters, er rioters.... stay safe...

It's true downtown PDX may be an area to avoid on November 4th. However, November 5th is Guy Fawkes Day, which is a perennial anarchist holiday. My sources tell me Antifa is saving their energy for Sunday so beware.

.I'll go grab a beer downtown Saturday, unarmed too. Anyone is welcome to join me. Maybe a slice of pizza too, theres a hotlips near that spot on Salmon I think, with tables outside. I'm guessing that just like every other protest, 99% of the people will be peaceful and walk right by me. I could be wrong, but even if there are violent folks, I don't know why they would hurt someone eating some pizza.
I don't think many like tear gas with their pizza. just saying

I wont be armed, or instigating anything so I doubt I'll face the same fate as that one guy, but I will throw my M17 mask in a backpack. Although, the beer might be tough to clean out of the canteen attachment stuff.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top