JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In case anyone is interested in seeing FEMAs emergency plan for a Cascadia quake...........

Rather interesting to read their assumptions about post quake conditions, resources, what will be needed for the response. Requires some reading between the lines, for example, they mention DoD resources and imply a heavily reliance on their air and marine capabilities but note that the response will be degraded if the DoD is involved in or any conflict.

Can you imagine what would happen if the DoD is in a war with Russia or China when the CSZ Quake hits?

The CSZ is one reason I'm moving from western Oregon. I don't want to be here when it happens.

Last Edited:
The only thing I need from FEMA following a CSZ shaker is for them to help the unprepared masses so they don't come knocking on my door. Beyond that, FEMA is useless to me!

Oh, if I'm out-of-town at the time, I suppose they could fly me home…

Seven month volunteer in Mississippi after hurricane Katrina repairing homes - FEMA was even worse than reported in the news, in my opinion.
- Winter 2005 and FEMA trailers were sinking in a muddy field north of Pass Christian without ever being delivered to home sites.
- Trailers for elderly handicapped couples were installed on piers 5-6' off the ground without stairs or ramps to access.
- FEMA staff would visit people after they had moved into a trailer and ask for financial records to ensure the folks were eligible for government aid. [The homes in Gulfport, Pass Christian and Bay St. Louis Mississippi had been swept away leaving only foundations and pulverized building debris.] The 1st time that happened when I was present, the elderly man nearly burst out crying, saying 'We got nothing. My wife and I got these clothes from the church in town.'
- Several of us went to build stairs for a lady that had just received a FEMA trailer several miles inland. Even though a temporary power pole had been installed by the local PUD, FEMA prohibited connection to the trailer because the electrical meter on the pole was 6" too low. I used a shovel to remove 6-8" of muddy soil around the pole for about 3' in all directions and told her to call them back. We were still gutting her house several days later when a FEMA guy showed up, took a measurement and said it was good. :rolleyes: By then the lady had already moved from a tent in her back yard into the trailer.
- Oh, and the FEMA employees had been told not to go inside the trailers due to high levels of formaldehyde off-gassing in the first month after construction.
- We repaired brand new FEMA trailers as some arrived on site with cabinets pulling away from the wall, missing window screens, incomplete plumbing, no bulbs in the light fixtures, etc.
- The folks in Mississippi were endlessly grateful and worked right alongside us the whole time. In many ways it reminded me of rural America in the 1950's when people knew their neighbors and readily lent a helping hand, where kids were accustomed to work and knew how to use tools, and pan frying with Crisco or bacon drippings was customary. Good people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top