JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
November 4th is opening day for Western Washington Elk modern firearms season......

Unfortunately, I will be at work in Portland right off of I-84 and Ceasar Chavez. Probably gonna bring some basic "get home" supplies.

Well, for what it's worth, my Post was completely serious. While The Bride came "from" Seattle, I got her out of there 40+ years ago.

Was less in reference to yours but some of the more light hearted/not so serious posts that follow.

I thankfully will be off that day - just in case Bad Things happen - I will be home with my family, or maybe will take them out of town for the day. But if we do go anywhere, we will be taking rifles and pistols for every able bodied adult just in case.

If they do anything I think it will be small groups carrying out hit and run attacks - arson/fire bombing, drive by shootings, hostage taking - not forming up in ranks and challenging riot police - except perhaps as a distractionry tactic.

If I were a cop I would be hyper vigilant as the day approaches - remember Antifa is aligned with BLM - Those loons have a body count to their credit and they like to kill cops.

Guy Fawkes Night - Wikipedia
Apparently the next night in the UK is/was a significant night due to the history of it... basically the person for whom its named, was going to blow up Parliament....
Recently revived by the movie V For Vendetta, and with the concurrent rise of Anon and Antifa.... I wonder if the Nov 4th thing was pushed for by people from the UK :rolleyes:

Well, when I read the thread title, my mind went immediately to this.

I was going to say I prefer to remember remember the fifth of November, but y'all beat me to it.

Ok - taking this on a serious note - IF you were actually planning violence, misleading the opposition would be a good thing. They say Nov 4 - I say they may strike before hand hoping to catch the police off guard. IF they really want Civil War 2.0 - advertising the kickoff date seems counter productive - even for the seemingly autustic kids that call themselves Antifa. Halloween is 4 days peior and IF you were planning mass violence THAT would be prime date to do it. Lots of targets out and about and so many people wearing costumes and masks its easier to blend and easier to get away. I would be very concerned with an Oct 31 incident more than Nov 4.
That's actually a feasible theory.

I don't really think much will come of it but it will be in the back of my mind while I'm rolling down 84 through Portland sometime late evening on the 31st. Given past history of those idiots blocking freeways has me a bit concerned. Maybe the Neon needs a cattle guard bumper.

Was less in reference to yours but some of the more light hearted/not so serious posts that follow.

I thankfully will be off that day - just in case Bad Things happen - I will be home with my family, or maybe will take them out of town for the day. But if we do go anywhere, we will be taking rifles and pistols for every able bodied adult just in case.

If they do anything I think it will be small groups carrying out hit and run attacks - arson/fire bombing, drive by shootings, hostage taking - not forming up in ranks and challenging riot police - except perhaps as a distractionry tactic.

If I were a cop I would be hyper vigilant as the day approaches - remember Antifa is aligned with BLM - Those loons have a body count to their credit and they like to kill cops.
I worked a the World Trade Center in downtown Portland for 12 years. I used to take afternoons off on days there were protests scheduled, so that I could be sure to get home on time. There were times that I simply didn't come in to work because of either bad weather or bad people in downtown Portland. I got REALLY tired of the constant partying and the accompanying trash (human and otherwise) and noise, and the lack of parking. I hope never to have to go to Portland again in my lifetime.

I heard they'll be commemorating a new statue right by the waterfront so I'll be there for the unveiling.

448.jpg

lol, not really

Sad thing is I doubt if the rest of the country would care if portland was nuked , many view portland, Seattle and Los Angeles as poison and anti American anyway, sorry for drifting off topic

Comforting and reassuring that not two posts in this thread are in dogmatic lock-step; group-thinking is a sinking ship.

The wealth of different perspectives found in each of the responses are greatly appreciated; keeping us all well grounded is perhaps the best medicine.

Heartfelt thanks.

G

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top