JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will be avoiding Portland, just as I do on any other normal day. If you have any doubts about how I feel about Portland, here's something I wrote recently:

Why, oh why would I care [about fitting in in Portland]? Why would I want to fit in there? Portland is an oozing pimple on the face of Oregon. It thinks it is a world class city, and it tries SO hard to be cool. But it's like the 14 year old with braces and a goofy hat, straining to find an identity and trying much too hard to be edgy, just like all the other losers who aren't cool but so desperately want to be. Portland thinks it is Berkeley or maybe San Francisco, but it's not even Seattle. It's more like Fresno with bad weather.

I will be going where I want to go, and doing what I want to do. I've lived in REAL world class cities and REAL world class Dangerous Places®. I'm not about to let amateur terrorists change my life, even for a day.

I'll be doing either what my dispatcher tells me (I drive dump truck for a Paving and Site Development co) or I'll be at home working on my Willys Jeep trying to ignore the world of morons.

I'm so glad I no longer work downtown (Portland, right next to the police station where all the tantrum marches seem to begin).

Leaving work a few months ago during one such event, I stopped to thank a riot-suited police officer and tell him they were doing a damn fine job (despite being hamstrung by a weak, appeasing, left-wing city hall).

Some fat, ugly gasbag a few feet away unmasked herself and started shrieking an unintelligible hateful chant at us. I reacted by yelling at her to STFU.

Revealed to me about where my already stunted capacity for patience and tolerance for silliness is these days. Like I said, I'm really glad I'm not around that shjt anymore.

Taking down the Halloween decorations and cleaning the fire-pit...
....Probably leave the fire-pit 'till the 5th or 6th, maybe I'll need it again before I fill it in. :eek:

Last Edited:
generation of hate.jpg

I suspect it will come and go without notice in Central Oregon. There might be a few of the standard sign wavers who seem to show up on the couple of overpasses we have waving signs when anything like this is publicized but I doubt much more.

It is a Saturday so I will be sitting at home perusing the NWFA forum like I am today.

What idiots do in downtown Portland doesn't really impact me. I work near the industrial district, but I go downtown very rarely - once or twice a year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top