JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@Joe Link

I see I have 18 pages to read ... but ....

Consider setting up a "donation" at Amazon.

Members using Smile.Amazon.Com for purchases, get Amazon $$ for what ever.
Might have to use funds to aid, help in some charitable action, like forest cleanup
or training for at-risk youth.

But something to consider.

About AmazonSmile: Program details and FAQ
I believe it's only for charity 501(c)3 organizations . I recently went through the setup and verification process with Amazon Smile, eBay and Benevity and they all require your organization to be a certified non-profit.

It is a great way to receive a few extra donation dollars but not a big result until more people use it.

This is great news Joe, not to be a downer but this could be short lived.Having NWFA been active as a site so long and still in the end needing to ask for donations means something.

I know I get ignored on this site most of the time, but imagine NWFA was a business that had sales, and gave away stuff at times and still barely stayed afloat ? What most people do is raise prices, this is the go to of most all all businesses. They try all sorts of ways and in the long run prices get raised.
Asking for donations in a sense tells people the site is barely getting by. You your self @Joe Link even say you make little to no money off this site. I have mentioned this about each year I have been a member that there is a target audience missed. With all the upgrades and addon this site has its very expensive and why many say hey but its unique because the way it runs. True , very true.... but this difference does not come in the way of successful operational cost or coverage based on the fact asking for donations is very common here. I asked myself what if no one gave a dollar in donations ?
Thats a question that needs asking.... if the answer is a dismal one then rethinking the future may be warranted. Not my site, not knocking the site I like it here and wonder if it will stay up if its having operation cost issues so often, if donations are needed what happens if that dries up ?
Not sure why long term goals are not in place with such a successful site its doesn't seem to have self staying power like others due, my thought is as I explained .

Thanks and again Congrats !!

Believe me man, I think about this every day, including the fact that there's no way I could support a family on my current income (and I'm not getting any younger). I'm definitely considering quite a few options, maybe even hiring a dedicated sales guy for our advertising here. If worst came to worst I'd have to sell the site, but we're trying to avoid that.

This website is the best and usability is second to none. I am donating and shooting for gold support at the moment. With that said though has there ever been discussions on joining with Waguns.org? Consolidation of sites for maximum membership growth and support?

To be honest, if I didn't have the ability to lead and shape this community as I thought best I would have no motivation to continue. For example, many people disagree with my personal opinion that we should welcome all gun owners. This is a labor of love for me and, though it might be a little selfish, I don't wanna share my baby :)

@Joe Link

I see I have 18 pages to read ... but ....

Consider setting up a "donation" at Amazon.

Members using Smile.Amazon.Com for purchases, get Amazon $$ for what ever.
Might have to use funds to aid, help in some charitable action, like forest cleanup
or training for at-risk youth.

But something to consider.

About AmazonSmile: Program details and FAQ

I appreciate the thought @RicInOR! We actually have affiliate links setup so whenever anyone follows a link from here to Amazon (and a lot of other retailers) we get a small percentage of the sale. It's very similar to the Smile program. To be honest we could do a better job of letting people know about this.

While I argued against charging for gun sales on here in an earlier post, I will say that any sales I make in the future will have a disclaimer that such and such amount will be donated to the forum. I will also encourage any seller I buy from to chip in to the site.

With all that said, I have some .41 magnum ammo I've been trying to sell forever. I still have it. Someone give me $50 for all of it, and I'll donate the whole $50 to the site.

WTS/WTT OR - 41 magnum ammo

Last Edited:
I don't frequent many forums like this. I started in the mid '90s with "the bass fishing home page", big site centered back East. From there found ifish in 2000. Then this site when I got into firearms in 2011. (I wish I'd found this site before I sold a couple of old guns! :oops:) I recently joined The High Road, and more recently gunboards.com. Ifish is a shell of what it once was due to overmoderation, and a former owner that constantly forces their puritanical views on the membership. Gunboards is so HUGE it's difficult, for me anyway, to find anything. The family atmosphere is hard to locate. THR, in my opinion, is also too big. with too many sub forums. I wouldn't put down Gunboards or THR, it's just for me those sites don't have the small atmosphere I guess. All info you could ever want on those boards.

I think having a site that is centered where I live is the ticket. Being able to not just read people, but to meet some of them is the best.

The family atmosphere here at NWFA is the reason I stayed. I can't even tell you how many times I have been blown away by the amazing people that I have had the pleasure of meeting. I truly know that they would have my six if I needed them.

I do have Amazon Smile for Gun Owners of America, I use Amazon enough to have generated $20+ for them. I knew nothing of NW Firearms Amazon link.

As we aren't near a large city, we actually buy a decent amount of items from Amazon. I wasn't aware NWFA had an affiliation there, but we will use that moving forward. So, is it just a matter of sticking a "?tag=link-nwfa-20" at the end of the URL?

As we aren't near a large city, we actually buy a decent amount of items from Amazon. I wasn't aware NWFA had an affiliation there, but we will use that moving forward. So, is it just a matter of sticking a "?tag=link-nwfa-20" at the end of the URL?

Anytime anyone posts a link to something on Amazon (and many other retailers) the software automatically adds our affiliate code.

This is great! I didn't know that and will now post the link for everything I buy from amazon even if its small and stupid! :D

Anytime anyone posts a link to something on Amazon (and many other retailers) the software automatically adds our affiliate code.

Click this link and you'll see the tag appended to the end of the URL in the browser (?tag=link-nwfa-20).

https://www.amazon.com/Aimpoint-PRO-Patrol-Rifle-Optic/dp/B007GDR0I4

Can you make an affiliate link to the amazon front page so I can book mark it and it will give you credit for anything I buy or does it just work for one product?

OR, how about a Amazon header on the NWFA page? Another forum I frequent has it as a direct link from their sight directly to Amazon and all you do is sigh in through that sight and any purchase automatically credits to the forum!:) easy peesy!

Yep! As long as there isn't an affiliate code there already.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8VWT59?tag=example09-20&ascsubtag=7bfd4c022d3f11e8a30a8641be08cf160INT&ref=vpc_slickd&th=1

You'd just remove everything to the right of the ? and add the NWFA code.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8VWT59?tag=link-nwfa-20

This is great! I didn't know that and will now post the link for everything I buy from amazon even if its small and stupid! :D

Thanks! I actually have a conversation going with a test user and that's what I do before I buy anything (if I don't post it in either of these threads).

Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today?

What random non-firearm junk did you buy online today?

Can you make an affiliate link to the amazon front page so I can book mark it and it will give you credit for anything I buy or does it just work for one product?

That should work!

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=link-nwfa-20

OR, how about a Amazon header on the NWFA page? Another forum I frequent has it as a direct link from their sight directly to Amazon and all you do is sigh in through that sight and any purchase automatically credits to the forum!:) easy peesy!

I'll add this to the list of considerations. An easy to access Amazon link would be a good idea.

How is the fundraising going? Has it been enough to get things on track for now? :s0155: No dollar amounts, just that it's helped. At least I hope it's helped.

It's gone phenomenally well. We should be covered for a couple months until we can come up with a more sustainable revenue model. I'm really hoping to figure out a way to attract more Supporting Vendors and ditch the ad networks.

How about this? :D

I can modify the look/location/details later, but it works for now! There are all kinds of retailers with affiliate programs too, so we could definitely grow the list.

affiliate_links.png

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR