JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
821E2D05-7D0A-46F3-B617-953F9FE8C091.png Great..... now we have to buy a new meter :mad:

Question, I presume things are tight for waguns.org also. Why not reach out to them also to discuss options. Everyone has the same passion, should not be a question. Unify the sites?
This website is the best and usability is second to none. I am donating and shooting for gold support at the moment. With that said though has there ever been discussions on this? Consolidation of sites for maximum membership growth and support?

This is great news Joe, not to be a downer but this could be short lived.Having NWFA been active as a site so long and still in the end needing to ask for donations means something.

I know I get ignored on this site most of the time, but imagine NWFA was a business that had sales, and gave away stuff at times and still barely stayed afloat ? What most people do is raise prices, this is the go to of most all all businesses. They try all sorts of ways and in the long run prices get raised.
Asking for donations in a sense tells people the site is barely getting by. You your self @Joe Link even say you make little to no money off this site. I have mentioned this about each year I have been a member that there is a target audience missed. With all the upgrades and addon this site has its very expensive and why many say hey but its unique because the way it runs. True , very true.... but this difference does not come in the way of successful operational cost or coverage based on the fact asking for donations is very common here. I asked myself what if no one gave a dollar in donations ?
Thats a question that needs asking.... if the answer is a dismal one then rethinking the future may be warranted. Not my site, not knocking the site I like it here and wonder if it will stay up if its having operation cost issues so often, if donations are needed what happens if that dries up ?
Not sure why long term goals are not in place with such a successful site its doesn't seem to have self staying power like others due, my thought is as I explained .

Thanks and again Congrats !!

This is great news Joe, not to be a downer but this could be short lived.Having NWFA been active as a site so long and still in the end needing to ask for donations means something.

I know I get ignored on this site most of the time, but imagine NWFA was a business that had sales, and gave away stuff at times and still barely stayed afloat ? What most people do is raise prices, this is the go to of most all all businesses. They try all sorts of ways and in the long run prices get raised.
Asking for donations in a sense tells people the site is barely getting by. You your self @Joe Link even say you make little to no money off this site. I have mentioned this about each year I have been a member that there is a target audience missed. With all the upgrades and addon this site has its very expensive and why many say hey but its unique because the way it runs. True , very true.... but this difference does not come in the way of successful operational cost or coverage based on the fact asking for donations is very common here. I asked myself what if no one gave a dollar in donations ?
Thats a question that needs asking.... if the answer is a dismal one then rethinking the future may be warranted. Not my site, not knocking the site I like it here and wonder if it will stay up if its having operation cost issues so often, if donations are needed what happens if that dries up ?
Not sure why long term goals are not in place with such a successful site its doesn't seem to have self staying power like others due, my thought is as I explained .

Thanks and again Congrats !!
This website is the best and usability is second to none. I am donating and shooting for gold support at the moment. With that said though has there ever been discussions on joining with Waguns.org? Consolidation of sites for maximum membership growth and support?

I will tell you guys this! I think I speak for many people here on NWFA that we like the way things are. Joe does a great job and we don't want to merge with another site. This place is the way it is because of great people. There will always be the ones that come in and talk smack and think they are all that but they usually move on over time.

The guys here are genuine and real. Are there ways to create revenue for the site YES and I know Joe is looking into some of them. Until that time comes Joe has my full support and knows how to get a hold of me at any time for assistance, a long with many other members who have his back!

I will tell you guys this! I think I speak for many people here on NWFA that we like the way things are. Joe does a great job and we don't want to merge with another site. This place is the way it is because of great people. There will always be the ones that come in and talk smack and think they are all that but they usually move on over time.

The guys here are genuine and real. Are there ways to create revenue for the site YES and I know Joe is looking into some of them. Until that time comes Joe has my full support and knows how to get a hold of me at any time for assistance, a long with many other members who have his back!
Gotcha, just asking the question. Always good to have a contingency plan in any event, tactics.

I don't frequent many forums like this. I started in the mid '90s with "the bass fishing home page", big site centered back East. From there found ifish in 2000. Then this site when I got into firearms in 2011. (I wish I'd found this site before I sold a couple of old guns! :oops:) I recently joined The High Road, and more recently gunboards.com. Ifish is a shell of what it once was due to overmoderation, and a former owner that constantly forces their puritanical views on the membership. Gunboards is so HUGE it's difficult, for me anyway, to find anything. The family atmosphere is hard to locate. THR, in my opinion, is also too big. with too many sub forums. I wouldn't put down Gunboards or THR, it's just for me those sites don't have the small atmosphere I guess. All info you could ever want on those boards.

I think having a site that is centered where I live is the ticket. Being able to not just read people, but to meet some of them is the best.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads