JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As much as I hate to write this message to our community members, I'm afraid it's necessary. I've always believed in being open and honest about what's going on at Northwest Firearms.

The revenue that we rely on to run Northwest Firearms comes from three sources; ad networks, support from local businesses via advertising, and member donations. We've been lucky in that for the past few years these sources have provided adequate funds to keep us afloat. I'm sorry to say that we're hitting rough waters now, and we could really use your help.

I know there are rumors floating around that I'm getting rich off of this (even though I've publicly posted my W2), but that simply isn't true. This site is a labor of love for me, and if it were paying me a decent salary I certainly wouldn't be working a part-time job. Despite our shoestring budget and me forgoing my last couple of paychecks, our accounts are nearing the bottom.

For better or worse, almost all websites rely on ad networks for their primary source of income (as do we). Historically headquartered in LA, New York, or London, the ad industry is overwhelmingly anti-gun. Most networks ban firearm-related content outright, leaving us with only a small handful of niche networks to work with. Like any business, these guys have their ups and downs too, and right now things are way down in the firearm sector (meaning our payments have fallen off).

Our second source of revenue is advertising from businesses who contact us directly (Supporting Vendors). There's a major catch 22 in banner advertising stemming from the fact that in order to do well banners should be updated frequently. Companies with the resources to keep their banners updated are usually big enough that they run large campaigns with the ad networks, and most small companies don't have the resources to keep their banners updated (so their success varies). Most businesses also reduce their advertising when sales are good, and from what I understand the gun shops are packed. At this time we have only eight Supporting Vendors.

Finally there's you guys, our members, and anyone who's been here a while knows how much I hate asking you for donations. In fact, in the ten years we've been here I've only done it a couple of times, and only when we really needed it. Thankfully in times of need your generosity has gotten us through.

How you can help

Donations - If you appreciate what we do here and you've been thinking about making a donation, we'd really appreciate if you'd make one now. Not only will they help us out, Supporting Members also get a variety of upgrades such as reduced banner ads, reduced classified ad bump limits, and entries into our quarterly fundraising giveaways. Donations can be made via the donation page or by mail to Northwest Firearms, PO Box 28152, Portland, OR 97228.

Gift Donations - Really like another member? Through our gift donation system members can make donations in the name of other members, upgrading their status. Just click on their username, click gift, and make your selection.

Purchase an NWFA Lower Receiver - We made a sizable investment to get these lowers produced. While we're just breaking even at this point, each sale does put money back into our accounts. The purchase thread can be found here.

Purchase an NWFA T-Shirt - Every little bit helps. We get a few bucks from each of these.

Talk to Potential Advertisers - If I had the option I'd love to discontinue working with ad networks all together in favor of direct advertising with businesses themselves. If you're on good terms with a business owner and think they might be interested, mention it to them. If you're a business owner please consider advertising with us. If you have outside sales experience, maybe we should talk. The Contact Us form is at the bottom of the page.

Disable Ad Blockers - The rise in the use of ad-blockers is one of the reasons for our falling revenue. We try our best to not only keep the number of ads here to a minimum but also keep them clean and non-invasive. We won't do anything to discourage the use of ad-blockers, but we would appreciate it if those of you who use them would consider donating.

Closing

Regardless of whether you're in a position to help us or not, I want to thank each of you for your support and consideration both now and in the future. A community like this is only as good as it's members, and I honestly think we have the best around. Most people have no idea what it takes to run a site this large and complex, and we couldn't do it without you.

Thank You,
Joe Link
NorthwestFirearms.com

Joe I am so sorry to hear this. I for one will step up and help in any way possible to keep this site alive. If you personally ever need anything please don't hesitate to reach out. I know that this can't be easy but I am sure that we can all rise above this and keep the best site on the internet up and running.

We all thank you for what you do for this great site. I also know that we have the best members and that says a lot!
@etrain16 @Ura-Ki @Stomper @Medic! @Joe13 @nammac Just to name a few people that I have met and consider friends.

Again Joe thank you! :)

Joe I am so sorry to hear this. I for one will step up and help in any way possible to keep this site alive. If you personally ever need anything please don't hesitate to reach out. I know that this can't be easy but I am sure that we can all rise above this and keep the best site on the internet up and running.

We all thank you for what you do for this great site. I also know that we have the best members and that says a lot!
@etrain16 @Ura-Ki @Stomper @Medic! @Joe13 @nammac Just to name a few people that I have met and consider friends.

Really appreciate that @SKrueger, thank you!

Joe, as you know I am here on NWFA a LOT. I find this site to be a wonderful community and I'm proud to help out as a mod. We indeed do have the best members of any firearm site and I look forward to NWFA being around for a long time.

Donation sent.

And half of the proceeds from the AR I have in the classifieds will go directly to help keep things going here at NWFA.

I certainly echo this sentiment, there's not another site like this one, we need to rally around Joe and help support this site. Met some great fellows here that I also consider friends and watched this community do the right thing for folks in need.

Now we need to rally around NWFA and do the right thing! I'll be upping my membership to help pad the kitty, so to speak.

We do appreciate all the hard work at keeping NWFA viable and the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs.

I certainly echo this sentiment, there's not another site like this one, we need to rally around Joe and help support this site. Met some great fellows here that I also consider friends and watched this community do the right thing for folks in need.

Now we need to rally around NWFA and do the right thing! I'll be upping my membership to help pad the kitty, so to speak.

We do appreciate all the hard work at keeping NWFA viable and the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs.

Awesome! We need to all rally together guys. Let's do this!!

We are the largest Pro-2A forum in the Northwest, and we're not going ANYWHERE!!

Here's what I did and I think this should be how we do this. I went into my most recent transactions with members and found the most recent bloke who was NOT currently a supporting member. Then I gifted him a Bronze membership. Not only does this get money to the cause, but it may open the eyes of an active member that there is such a thing as Supporting Membership. This may become a perpetuating pay-it-forward sort of thing.

I started by looking at @v0lcom13sn0w's status since he is so awesome that he "likes" everything I type, no matter how lame...but he is already a Silver (EDIT: GOLD)!

Last Edited:
As much as I hate to write this message to our community members, I'm afraid it's necessary. I've always believed in being open and honest about what's going on at Northwest Firearms.

The revenue that we rely on to run Northwest Firearms comes from three sources; ad networks, support from local businesses via advertising, and member donations. We've been lucky in that for the past few years these sources have provided adequate funds to keep us afloat. I'm sorry to say that we're hitting rough waters now, and we could really use your help.

I know there are rumors floating around that I'm getting rich off of this (even though I've publicly posted my W2), but that simply isn't true. This site is a labor of love for me, and if it were paying me a decent salary I certainly wouldn't be working a part-time job. Despite our shoestring budget and me forgoing my last couple of paychecks, our accounts are nearing the bottom.

For better or worse, almost all websites rely on ad networks for their primary source of income (as do we). Historically headquartered in LA, New York, or London, the ad industry is overwhelmingly anti-gun. Most networks ban firearm-related content outright, leaving us with only a small handful of niche networks to work with. Like any business, these guys have their ups and downs too, and right now things are way down in the firearm sector (meaning our payments have fallen off).

Our second source of revenue is advertising from businesses who contact us directly (Supporting Vendors). There's a major catch 22 in banner advertising stemming from the fact that in order to do well banners should be updated frequently. Companies with the resources to keep their banners updated are usually big enough that they run large campaigns with the ad networks, and most small companies don't have the resources to keep their banners updated (so their success varies). Most businesses also reduce their advertising when sales are good, and from what I understand the gun shops are packed. At this time we have only eight Supporting Vendors.

Finally there's you guys, our members, and anyone who's been here a while knows how much I hate asking you for donations. In fact, in the ten years we've been here I've only done it a couple of times, and only when we really needed it. Thankfully in times of need your generosity has gotten us through.

How you can help

Donations - If you appreciate what we do here and you've been thinking about making a donation, we'd really appreciate if you'd make one now. Not only will they help us out, Supporting Members also get a variety of upgrades such as reduced banner ads, reduced classified ad bump limits, and entries into our quarterly fundraising giveaways. Donations can be made via the donation page or by mail to Northwest Firearms, PO Box 28152, Portland, OR 97228.

Gift Donations - Really like another member? Through our gift donation system members can make donations in the name of other members, upgrading their status. Just click on their username, click gift, and make your selection.

Purchase an NWFA Lower Receiver - We made a sizable investment to get these lowers produced. While we're just breaking even at this point, each sale does put money back into our accounts. The purchase thread can be found here.

Purchase an NWFA T-Shirt - Every little bit helps. We get a few bucks from each of these.

Talk to Potential Advertisers - If I had the option I'd love to discontinue working with ad networks all together in favor of direct advertising with businesses themselves. If you're on good terms with a business owner and think they might be interested, mention it to them. If you're a business owner please consider advertising with us. If you have outside sales experience, maybe we should talk. The Contact Us form is at the bottom of the page.

Disable Ad Blockers - The rise in the use of ad-blockers is one of the reasons for our falling revenue. We try our best to not only keep the number of ads here to a minimum but also keep them clean and non-invasive. We won't do anything to discourage the use of ad-blockers, but we would appreciate it if those of you who use them would consider donating.

Closing

Regardless of whether you're in a position to help us or not, I want to thank each of you for your support and consideration both now and in the future. A community like this is only as good as it's members, and I honestly think we have the best around. Most people have no idea what it takes to run a site this large and complex, and we couldn't do it without you.

Thank You,
Joe Link
NorthwestFirearms.com

Joe. Send me some ad rates. Maybe I could advertise my company on here.
Nick

BTW guys, anything helps. You don't have to commit to being a supporting member (although that's awesome!) but even a small one-time donation of a few dollars will be appreciated!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR