JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What are you suggesting @DuneHopper? What could We the People do?
Don't say write letters, emails, ect................
That ship done took off!
So...............................
I don't believe @JoeLink wants this sight to become a political one, but maybe a link to a separate sight where folks COULD act??????

I just read where that new bill came out the same one I mentioned here and to OFF and no one cared.
Not sure why I bother doesn't seem we give a crap about any of this stuff we just sit and wait for it to happen. From this day on and I am sure it will please everyone I won't comment anymore about our rights. We deserve our guns banned and taken away, seriously its like the 2nd Amendment is an option around these states. We are lousy custodians of the Constitution here in the Northwest and too much time is wasted on people who just don't care. So please disregard my ideas, we have a choice to be good custodians of the Constitution and to preserve the future but really perhaps we should just hand our guns over if we are going to do nothing. So "Yea " I can hear the cheers now, DH's last political post here LOL. Not my last post ever i'm just going to have fun here, and just going to do my own thing politically not worth the time or energy that just falls flat and puts the Mods on speed dial ;).
May God Have Mercy on our carelessness.:s0042:

OH Thank god, back to our regular scheduled program! :rolleyes: Who needs a new banner, I'm thinking at least a bronze needs to happen to get this thing back on track!

1. People using this site to sell firearms should be paying to do so. If they choose not to, that's their prerogative. I cannot fathom someone unwilling to pay $5-10 for selling a firearm. It's foolish not to have that as a line of revenue.
In retrospect, I'd require a membership to even post a for sale add with Bronze as minimum. Bladeforums follows a similar format. There are not better options for listing forearms locally. You have the market, I'd exploit it to support the site, etc.
  1. I can't understand why there are a hundred sponsors on other sites and so few here, that the forum needs to rely on donations. There's a significant flaw in the business model.
  2. The merchandise that you're pushing is terribly designed and not broad enough IMO...
  3. I literally stumbled on this site by accident, there's not enough membership IMO, this is primarily a far West Coast based site, limited to a small geographic region. Need to figure out a way to increase the search results and get people involved from the surrounding states and abroad.
Just my thoughts, YMMV...

1. People using this site to sell firearms should be paying to do so. If they choose not to, that's their prerogative. I cannot fathom someone unwilling to pay $5-10 for selling a firearm. It's foolish not to have that as a line of revenue.
In retrospect, I'd require a membership to even post a for sale add with Bronze as minimum. Bladeforums follows a similar format. There are not better options for listing forearms locally. You have the market, I'd exploit it to support the site, etc.
  1. I can't understand why there are a hundred sponsors on other sites and so few here, that the forum needs to rely on donations. There's a significant flaw in the business model.
  2. The merchandise that you're pushing is terribly designed and not broad enough IMO...
  3. I literally stumbled on this site by accident, there's not enough membership IMO, this is primarily a far West Coast based site, limited to a small geographic region. Need to figure out a way to increase the search results and get people involved from the surrounding states and abroad.
Just my thoughts, YMMV...

Well heck, someone shoulda just called this guy. He sounds like the most qualified expert in whichever of the four cities that make up Tri Cities he resides. That wind blow some sand up your butt or something?

Last Edited:
Hi @Joe Link , If I may ... right now OFF and the NRA are doing very little if anything in my opinion to even put a dent. I wont go into how badly they are doing the job here. But right now as I hear on the news Oregon and California are passing the most gun laws that are effecting the most amount of people, and Washington is a close third.

My reasons for stirring the pot so to speak here are selfish ones, being a successful lobbyist in Oregon and the only one to get positive legislation passed in 15 years here and I see NWFA as a difference maker, or could be.
I see our rights going away to the point this site wont even be active because so many rights will be gone, all one has to do is look at Calguns to see how they did too little too late they waited until the wave had passed to really do anything and by then it was too late. NWFA sits on the edge of the same fate in my opinion. There is a dynamic no one is looking at, Hopelessness ......no one here will ever admit it out loud, but all this bombardment is troublesome and many do not see allot of hope. Again NWFA has the ability to be that light at the end of the tunnel.

I was thinking about this afternoon, how this huge site with mass amounts of members does kinda zero to protect rights in an official or unofficial way.

I am not saying this at all to be a downer at all, in fact NWFA could be so much more then it is.
My opinion OFF and Kevin are out of touch with what is going on, members at NWFA seem to know more then they do. But then again its not my site I can only look and see the potential and wonder why years after year we are silent. When I met with Democrats they never even considered NWFA as a viable voice for anything that worried them. They were more concerned at the slander by OFF their words not mine. But they also see Kevin as no threat and or voice not anymore the thousands here could be a voice. My intent was not to type all this in here, but figured it was the best way to communicate it.
I agree, I think there's a huge grass roots potential here. Organization and leadership are needed for any activity. Sounds like you've got some idea's, I'm
interested. I can think of several members here who would be interested to start... Where do we begin?

I replied to all messages in my inbox. Sorry for the late replies everyone. I'll be checking my inbox more frequently. If you have sent me an email I will reply to all of those in the morning and make sure you get a lower.

I agree, I think there's a huge grass roots potential here. Organization and leadership are needed for any activity. Sounds like you've got some idea's, I'm
interested. I can think of several members here who would be interested to start... Where do we begin?

THAT, I think is the real problem. The average person isn't going to spring up and start leading a movement. Some people are natural born leaders, people that can rally groups of people to act and respond for a cause. Right now in Oregon, we don't have that. We don't have a "leader" for this cause - not a single one I can think of. Yes, there are advocates, such as OFF, but Kevin isn't a leader in the sense that I'm thinking.

A lot of people here, I believe, would get more involved, would get in the fight, if there was someone to rally behind. I mean, just listening to Bill Post talk about that church ballot measure got me excited that someone could potentially lead a real charge against this stuff.

Where is the leader? Who do we rally around? Until that gets sorted, I don't see how blaming folks for "inaction" or the perception of inaction, gets anything done. A real leader will pull people together, even those that don't always see eye to eye. They'll have a defined plan. They'll have real influence. And I think a person like that would get lots of support. Until we find that person, I don't think anything big is going to be possible in this area.

Well heck, someone shoulda just called this guy. He sounds like the most qualified expert in whichever of the four cities that make up Tri Cities he resides. That wind blow some sand up your butt or something?

Sad part, that expert's ideas have more merit then...nah, rule 1 prevents me from further commentary.

You sound like my co-workers...

I'm not a sugar coater, I like this forum. I pointed out flaws that I see in it. I don't know the internet business, but I know business and if this place is relying on donations to keep it afloat, that's a mistake. There are avenues to make money to support the site, they should be modified to do just that.

I just read where that new bill came out the same one I mentioned here and to OFF and no one cared.
Not sure why I bother doesn't seem we give a crap about any of this stuff we just sit and wait for it to happen. From this day on and I am sure it will please everyone I won't comment anymore about our rights. We deserve our guns banned and taken away, seriously its like the 2nd Amendment is an option around these states. We are lousy custodians of the Constitution here in the Northwest and too much time is wasted on people who just don't care. So please disregard my ideas, we have a choice to be good custodians of the Constitution and to preserve the future but really perhaps we should just hand our guns over if we are going to do nothing. So "Yea " I can hear the cheers now, DH's last political post here LOL. Not my last post ever i'm just going to have fun here, and just going to do my own thing politically not worth the time or energy that just falls flat and puts the Mods on speed dial ;).
May God Have Mercy on our carelessness.:s0042:

This particular thread was about helping get NWFA back on track with it's finances ....... not 2nd Amendment activism. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we have other areas to discuss such matters:
Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners

Besides, you don't know me, or what I have done, or currently do to protect and preserve the Constitution. Personally, I don't need you or anyone else wagging their fingers at me for being a "lousy custodian of the Constitution".

So, I politely submit that you get of your self-righteous high-horse and stop judging people you don't know.

This particular thread was about helping get NWFA back on track with it's finances ....... not 2nd Amendment activism. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we have other areas to discuss such matters:

Besides, you don't know me, or what I have done, or currently do to protect and preserve the Constitution. Personally, I don't need you or anyone else wagging their fingers at me for being a "lousy custodian of the Constitution".

So, I politely submit that you get of your self-righteous high-horse and stop judging people you don't know.

:s0101:

Actually I will do what I want, end of story. And sir you don't know me as well keep that in mind.
I like my horse its fun to ride and look down at all the little people with :p.
I support this site and have thats not changed don't care who whines about it the truth is very clear.
Joe has very thick skin and feedback is always asked for. When Joe tells me to knock it off I will but not you as your opinion to me matters zip. Love the keyboard commandos always get a good chuckle cracks me up. When I see you and your type on the steps taking back freedom only then will my opinion change but for now you matter not. ( PS I am not so polite as polite gets our rights lost )

But glad the site has enough support to stay up for awhile, and glad Joe wont have to worry about it for a few.

Actually I will do what I want, end of story. And sir you don't know me as well keep that in mind.
I like my horse its fun to ride and look down at all the little people with :p.
I support this site and have thats not changed don't care who whines about it the truth is very clear.
Joe has very thick skin and feedback is always asked for. When Joe tells me to knock it off I will but not you as your opinion to me matters zip. Love the keyboard commandos always get a good chuckle cracks me up. When I see you and your type on the steps taking back freedom only then will my opinion change but for now you matter not.

But glad the site has enough support to stay up for awhile, and glad Joe wont have to worry about it for a few.

Thanks for proving my point.:s0155:

NWFA allows gun owners and the firearms community of the PNW to have a place outside of the obvious realm of anti this or anti that.

For me and the organizations I'm part of that is plenty for me, as well as appreciated.

Having met @Joe Link and talked with him here and there, I believe he is a good guy and his heart is all for the programs, organizations, and rights that we hold closely and cherish. His business is this website, it is a "safe space" for us gun owners.

I for one want to simply say.

Thanks!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR