JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to say this. I watched the video, listened carefully and saw the pictures from inside the room. The rate of fire was way too consistent, the pictures didn't show any with a slide/bump fire stock. I believe the gun was either modified or made to be select fire.

I saw some pictures of a slide fire and a DD ar15 with surefire mags

I saw some pictures of a slide fire and a DD ar15 with surefire mags

I hadn't seen those. Either way the rate of fire was consistent. This whole thing makes me sick, TBH. I scrolled through the photos of some of the victims and just felt ill. A husband shielded his wife from the fire and was struck and killed. I mean really guys, debating on what weapons were used really seems meaningless here. My own post included..........

I'm going to say this. I watched the video, listened carefully and saw the pictures from inside the room. The rate of fire was way too consistent, the pictures didn't show any with a slide/bump fire stock. I believe the gun was either modified or made to be select fire.
I agree completly! The ciclic rate of fire was too consistant to be bump fire. Im no expert here, but my very limited experience with one had the rifle varying rate of fire pretty bad. I dont know how well a "modified" AR would cycle, but i do know with out a single doubt that it was way too smooth to be bump fire. As far as echo goes, i dont believe its an issue here, remember sound travels at about 1050 feet per second, so you hear the bullet impact, the splash, and the sonic crack disproportionately from each other, this leads to the confusion! Rule of thumb, always listen to the sound of the bullet splash to get an accurate rate of fire over every thing else!

I'm on my phone so I'd have a tough time copying the photos to my post, but I saw some purported photos out of his room. The photos showed 2 AR-15's. One was a Daniel Defense with scope, windowed PMags, and bipod...no bump fire stock. And another with an Eotech and a Surefire 100rd mag, also no bump fire stock. Of course, that was not the entire armory.

I think I saw that link on Drudge.

Here is one with the bump fire w/ surefire mag
20797.jpeg

o_O Some annoying questions;
1-If he acted alone, why break 2 windows? why not pick the best one and just stay with it? Where did the big chunks of glass land? Wouldn't the staff or a guest have reported that immediately?
2-Does a suicide by gun just lay flat out on it's back arms at the side, like in the pictures they released? Wouldn't it be crumpled straight down?
3-Doesn't all transfers of any funds totaling around $10k out of the country require reporting?
4-Why would he bother with bringing so many, and so many different types, of weapons?... seems like a needless complication. Why weren't the guns, and their mags, more organized in the photos? If the authorities had already moved them, wouldn't they have also laid then out for an accurate count of mags and guns?

4-Why would he bother with bringing so many, and so many different types, of weapons?... seems like a needless complication. Why weren't the guns, and their megs, more organized in the photos? If the authorities had already moved them, wouldn't they have also laid then out for an accurate count of mags and guns?

AR's arent really designed for long periods of high rate of fire. Heat is a major issue. Wasnt he shooting for an hour? Probably knew enough that a single rifle was not going to last that long.

But this was a fantasy playing out for this guy. He probably expected movie like scenes where he fights the police in the hallways and SWAT is swarming the room and he gets to shoot them all. Why do these people fill their cars with extra guns that they would have no way to get to them? Probably because they think they will GTA it and fight their way back to the car unscathed and go on some more mayhem.

It usually changes to "I better shoot myself before they get me"

re; bump-fire, slide-fire, full-auto BS.
I see NBC News?? is saying that one of the guns was modified "...for maximum death count."
Once again spouting off about a subject they know nothing about. It matters not one whit how the gun functions. It's cyclic rate is controlled by the weight of the bolt, the rate of the recoil spring and the force exerted on the bolt by the ammunition. Someone practiced at firing a semi-auto can fire it just as quickly with the trigger alone as it will fire with a bump-fire or slide-fire stock. Full-auto rates of fire can be as fast, no faster. Until the bolt returns to battery the gun won't fire.
I guess they won't bother to let the laws of physics get in the way of a story.

Any deposit of 10k requires reporting, but just that. You can still make the deposit or transfer.

As for why so many firearms -- that's one really insane aspect of this. The count keeps going up but I've seen something like 40 or so combined between his house in NV and the hotel room. If they were all as cheap as possible, that's still something over $20k and if they were of any quality, $60-80k. While I don't think it's nuts to have lots of guns, the sheer quantity of similar types, mostly in an AR or AK platform (if news reports are accurate at least that far) strikes me as being outside the norm for a collector. It's like he wanted to be an armorer but couldn't get soldiers.

CBSN seems to be reporting the most fairly, though the anti gun speak is strong, they do have several pro gun folks that are allowed to speak with out interuption! Thats about as good as can be expected.
The hotel room pictures dont jive! The stacks of mags are not near a window, none of the rifles are near windows, and the one they keep telling us was the main one used, was sitting on a deployed bypod facing away from the windows and has a mag in the well, not an empty overheated rifle! The rifles laying on the floor should have been so hot that the carpet should have been melted or burned! Still not buying it!

I just noticed another detail, the rifles show no soot around the muzzle, especially the ones with brakes! That seems odd, even in slow fire drill, mine soots up around the brakes pretty quickly no matter what loads i am using!

It's very early in the investigation of course, but as noted above, a lot of the technical and tactical aspects don't flow. I will be very interested and critical of all information as it comes out.

Right now my instincts are screaming this guy is a false flag patsy; I have no facts to base this on and could easily be wrong. Who knows at this point. Let's keep our minds free and open.

... Right now my instincts are screaming this guy is a false flag patsy; I have no facts to base this on and could easily be wrong. ...

I keep feeling myself tend to this opinion as well for various reasons, but then the fact that he had another 20 or so weapons back at his house comes to mind, and that doesn't fit well with a patsy theory.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top