JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I realize the other thread got shut down, so I hope folks keep it on target here since there is still plenty of news to discuss and we still need a place to talk about this. So please, keep it on topic so the mods don't shut this thread down too.

I just heard on the news that they found.....GASP.....TANNERITE in the guy's house!!! Oh my gosh! Not Tannerite! Once again the news is trying to demonize another lawful/legal product sound. Shouldn't really be surprised though.

Sorry to see the first thread closed but it was a real mess so can't blame the mods for shutting it down. I do hope this one stays on track also. Maybe folks could just share facts and news?

Sorry to see the first thread closed but it was a real mess so can't blame the mods for shutting it down. I do hope this one stays on track also. Maybe folks could just share facts and news?

Well, now that the initial shock of the event has passed and some facts are starting to trickle in, it's good to have a place to discuss those things. Hopefully the arguments in the other thread are played out for now and we can just try to digest what actually happened.

Here's to new starts.

I also heard the Tannerite thing on the news. They also mentioned on the world news they found 26 guns in the room. Man the count just keeps going up. It sure would be nice if we could get a news channel to give us the truth. o_O

Here's to new starts.

I also heard the Tannerite thing on the news. They also mentioned on the world news they found 26 guns in the room. Man the count just keeps going up. It sure would be nice if we could get a news channel to give us the truth. o_O

It surprises me some media mogul doesn't do just that - imagine a news channel that worked really hard to avoid bias in any forms - while it's probably impossible to avoid altogether, it sure would be nice.

Problem is the left would think the channel was too conservative, the right would think it was too liberal. People seem to only be happy when their personal POV's determine the headlines and opinions. Not many folks care to hear both sides equally.

It surprises me some media mogul doesn't do just that - imagine a news channel that worked really hard to avoid bias in any forms - while it's probably impossible to avoid altogether, it sure would be nice.

Problem is the left would think the channel was too conservative, the right would think it was too liberal. People seem to only be happy when their personal POV's determine the headlines and opinions. Not many folks care to hear both sides equally.

God it would be a breath of fresh air in my opinion. Just tell me like it is. We can't fix our mistakes if they are hidden from us.

Back in the early 90s, many of my subordinates thought it was odd for me to assign counter sniper teams as we planned our traveles throughout Germany; 200+ days each year.

There was no such thing as peace time back then, there isn't now, there never will be!

We are facing more non-attributional threats on our own soil, and our way of life is changing; being accustomed to the presents of heavily prepared and intrusive LE entities will challenge the age-old concepts of individual liberty vs security.

The shooter's mate being a person of interest would be much safer in police custody. If she mysteriously dies or vanashes, I will share my conspiracy theory.

Back in the early 90s, many of my subordinates thought it was odd for me to assign counter sniper teams as we planned our traveles throughout Germany; 200+ days each year.

There was no such thing as peace time back then, there isn't now, there never will be!

We are facing more non-attributional threats on our own soil, and our way of life is changing; being accustomed to the presents of heavily prepared and intrusive LE entities will challenge the age-old concepts of individual liberty vs security.

The shooter's mate being a person of interest would be much safer in police custody. If she mysteriously dies or vanashes, I will share my conspiracy theory.

PM me with it. Inquiring minds want to know if I'm the only looney one or not! :rolleyes::D

I'm going to say this. I watched the video, listened carefully and saw the pictures from inside the room. The rate of fire was way too consistent, the pictures didn't show any with a slide/bump fire stock. I believe the gun was either modified or made to be select fire.

Here's to new starts.

Listening to 101KXL this morning the national media running news on that channel said 40 firearms found. I am with you, for crying out loud get the facts before running with it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews