Idaho Idaho homeowner charged with murder after shooting fleeing felon.

Reactions
I think the homeowner should be given an award for saving the taxpayers thousands of dollars in court costs and incarceration costs. But, yeah, his actions were completely illegal and an example of what not to do in that situation.

Alexx1401

Reactions
Well again, even if the guy was scum you can not shoot someone who is running away from you. So once again we have a gun owner who made a colossally stupid decision and now he has pretty much ruined his life. Yes it's frustrating to catch some scum doing something like breaking into your cabin. You still have to remember when you choose to use deadly force you are responsible for that choice.

awshoot

Reactions
There's a lot of detail on what happened and most of it is based on what McCann said -- almost certainly enough to convict him. He should have spoken to an attorney instead of the police, but you see this often in these types of stories -- a person basically talks themself to death.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom