JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What EPS said...

Having a CPL used to waive the waiting period...no longer, so there is no real need to have one unless you want to carry it concealed 10 or more days later when you can go pick it up.

Open carry still 100% legal here.

Yeee Haw! Get some, baby!
So, don't WA gun owners have "safe storage laws" they must comply with? Wake up, m'fers!

Wife and I are out shopping yesterday. Best Buy has a line outside, staff is limiting the number of people in the store. We needed some supplies for her hobby, and she didn't want to be empty handed for a month. She saw the panic herself earlier in the day, mentioned the run on guns and ammo. She asks, "you're covered on that one, right?" Oh yeah.... And then there was the glow of instant forgiveness for all the purchasing I had done in the years leading up to this.... :s0136:

Was going to post in the "pet peeves" about not being able to find some of my stuff. Found my AR Parts bin last week. Yep, two unfinished lowers I didn't even know I had....

Backing up the question, but are there large number of people like us out there buying up guns in numbers? Or, are those panic types the first time buyers?

Unlikely that people panic buying guns are gun enthusiasts, think about the past 15 years, pretty sure from all the infringement and ban attempts that most people who love freedom and appreciate guns were set.

Last Edited:
Went to try an shoot Monday. All my spots were busy. 2-4 cars deep in some spots. With so many off work it's just a long weekend out there.

The good is new shooters. The bad is, mistakes will probably be made because new shooters probably believe gun laws follow common sense. Poor fools.The gun counter at Bimart had several families waiting for service when I went to check. A few people were talking about 22s.

Maybe they'll be that one vote we need to hold the line against the next attempt at CHL preemption or high cap mag ban. Maybe let's try and encourage these new gun owners and show them how much fun shooting can be
This, along with several similar remarks in this thread (my own included) amount to wishful thinking. I can hope that this is what will result, we all can. But keep in mind that most liberals, at least according to press accounts, buy guns to protect themselves from US.

Check out the Liberal Gun Club or John Brown Society... their politics are as radical as ever and they think that we are the are the problem... I don't expect many new alliances to be be formed or any great enlightenment from this bunch.... they're too wrapped-up in their own victimhood fantasies.

Now, there will be some who aren't radicalized. They just had no previous interest, maybe played a lot of golf or were just ambiguous, misinformed, risk-averse, whatever. Those are people that we may take into the fold as budding enthusiasts. We've all (hopefully) brought along a new shooter and helped them develop an interest and become active in the many facets of shooting and gun ownership... Hell, I was one of them in my late teens: a city kid with barely a cursory interest in guns and almost 0 interest in the politics of it all. One dude changed my life.

I too am hopeful that something good can come out of this. Just don't expect miracles.

Don't tell us............ PSA???

The only other one I know that is always out is Hardened Arms in the San Juans. But it only takes 2wks for them to build me an upper.
LMT lol every time i had the money for something it was out of stock at the dealers, and buying direct is always more expensive. This time im keeping my money put till its back in stock

I saw a murphy auction slip for all of Hardened Arms assets a while back. Not sure they are in business any longer!

Aw, that's too bad. I like those people. Small outfit producing quality uppers at good price points. I have their 10.5' Chrome lined upper with the cheese grater fore-end and it's been very good!!

...Now, there will be some who aren't radicalized. They just had no previous interest, maybe played a lot of golf or were just ambiguous, misinformed, risk-averse, whatever. Those are people that we may take into the fold as budding enthusiasts. We've all (hopefully) brought along a new shooter and helped them develop an interest and become active in the many facets of shooting and gun ownership... Hell, I was one of them in my late teens: a city kid with barely a cursory interest in guns and almost 0 interest in the politics of it all. One dude changed my life.

I too am hopeful that something good can come out of this. Just don't expect miracles.
Jonnyuma has it right. Not including the ex and my kids, within the past 2 years I have brought along two others (one a good friend of 30+ years, the other a former co-worker) and working on a third (my hairdresser - yeah, I know; just stop already :rolleyes: ). None of them had any previous interest, and were primarily uninformed and risk-averse. And my good friend DOES play a lot of golf! They have all benefited from my patient instruction and explanation of firearm mechanics and, of course, the plethora of ridiculous gun laws, and in two of the three cases, financial help towards professional training. I want them all to be successful, and I believe I've created new converts and 2A supporters. Heck, two of them have CPLs now, although only one of them regularly carries. I guess more work is still to be done there...

Last Edited:
California, New York and Washington saw gun sales surge due to coronavirus

How many of these would-be buyers are tied up in red tape due to their own votes for anti-gun initiatives? If I was a dealer I would create three lanes at the cash register 1) "If you voted for anti-gun initiatives pay here"; 2) "If you didn't vote, pay here"; 3) "If you voted against anti-gun initiatives pay here".

I modified your cashier line sign :cool::p

1) "If you voted for anti-gun initiatives - get out of my store; no gun for YOU!"

Remember LA and the King riots? Heston said several people he knew who lived in the "high end" called him. They were getting scared. Wanted to know if he could "loan then" a gun. He said you have money, go buy one. They said "but there is a long wait to get one". He said didn't you support that? :s0140:

No loaning guns any more... they can thank themselves!!!

If there are panic buyers...
I hope that they understand that it takes more than just pulling the trigger , in order to shoot a firearm effectively.
Having a firearm is important....
Having the skill , the willingness to use that skill and the wisdom to use it effectively is just as important.
Andy

These people have ME worried.... about THEM!!

The people I know that are the most anti-gun are the exact same people that at the hint of social unrest would want them the absolute most.

Be afraid, be very afraid. They are usually the angry type that shoot for revenge and at shadows and noises out of fear.

All the people panic buying guns is a good reason to invest in body armor.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

You win the internet today!!!

I hope every single one of these new buyers grows into a staunch 2A supporter. Now is a golden opportunity for so many of the anti-gun crowd to be swayed the other way. They have seen the light. They know the government can't protect them and that they are responsible for their own safety. I hope they take a class or two or at least ask some questions and hit the range with a gun owning friend. We should not mock them; we should welcome them and extend our support at every turn. I'd pay twice as much for ammo if there were twice as many gun owners and losing our rights was never a possibility again.

I won't be holding my breath.

I honestly hope that there won't be a sell-off when this is all over. Even if they aren't traditional pro-2A types and only bought in panic-mode, perhaps this is their wake up call and they'll realize just how thin the veil of civilization actually is. Maybe they'll be that one vote we need to hold the line against the next attempt at CHL preemption or high cap mag ban. Maybe let's try and encourage these new gun owners and show them how much fun shooting can be.

I'm always welcoming to sincere people new to shooting. But the antis that are buying because they are afraid are not only not likely to change their voting patterns, but can be dangerous to the public at large as well as themselves and their families. IMO antis can suck it!! The only thing I want to teach them is to keep their bugger hooks off the damn trigger... ;)

Yeah, but guns are easier to buy than checking out a library book. Zer0bama said so!

Funny story about that, up until they added the waiting period even for CPL holders, it was a close call which one was easier. When I went to go get a library card at a King county library a few years ago I was amazed how much information they wanted from me to just be able to get a library card to borrow a book.

I handed them my ID which didn't at the time have my current address on it so they required a second piece of identification with my actual address. I asked them what pieces of identification would work, but after hearing the list, since I didn't have any of those things on me, I pulled out my CPL (which was not in the list she told me) and said,

"this should work, this has my name and current address on it and it is issued by the government."
She said, "what is this"
I said, "this is a Concealed pistol licence, it is a license from the government saying that this is who I am, that I am not a felon, stalker, or domestic abuser and I can legally carry pistols concealed on my person."

After a sheepish look and little bit of further computer button work, I had my library card, whoopie!

If there are panic buyers...
I hope that they understand that it takes more than just pulling the trigger , in order to shoot a firearm effectively.
Having a firearm is important....
Having the skill , the willingness to use that skill and the wisdom to use it effectively is just as important.
Andy

I anticipate (unfortunately) the number of negligent shootings to rise with the number of people panicked and obtaining guns who have little knowledge / experience with them.

I was talking to a lib friend of mine the other day. He mentioned that he was annoyed with himself for not buying sooner like I've been telling him to.

He has another friend with a decent gun safe filled and my buddy suggested he'll just ask that guy for a couple to borrow.

I told him, can't do that. That law you supported doesn't allow him to hand you a gun.

His response was "loan not buy" so I sent him the rcw which clearly states "sale or transfer"

Hopefully he's going to start seeing how the stuff he supports is like I warned him about.

Too late, do they see the error of their ways. And by then, it is too late...

Panic and mayhem at the gun shops. Meanwhile, at my local range this morning...

20200317_090830.jpg 20200317_090951.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads