JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too bad 'ol filthy wasn't in the test population and a test population of one is zero.
I wonder how often they hosed it down with that snake oil (slip2000) they're selling.. "It has been lubed generously with Slip 2000 Extreme Weapons Lube (EWL)."..
which to me is actually a form of cleaning
anyway

Being an Old Guy, back in the day, there were 2 main semi-auto choices in 5.56- AR15 and Mini-14. ARs were very expensive and Colt was the only game in town at that point- and the Mini. (There were some Armalites around but were hard to find and frightfully expensive). At one point I owned 5 Mini's... Eventually someone sold me on an AR, and the Minis gradually went away. Ive heard the stories of what a crappy rifle (for various reasons) the Mini is.. but it wasnt that way for me. I even scoped several. Spent some fun times bustin jacks and prairie dogs from the back of a pick-up in Wyoming...
But, for my .223/5.56 needs, the COLT AR-15 became and remains my rifle. Handling, strength of design and parts, easy to replace parts, customisation, potential accuracy, magazine price and availability- all points in favor of the AR15.

The instructions I read for lubing the bolt said to use "grease" as in lithium grease, marine grease, etc. Any bolt using that is going to need to be taken out and cleaned of accumulated filth and not just hosed down with CLP etc. When the bolt is so easy to remove, why are people doing tests where it is left in for 16k or whatever. That is not normal use!!!!

BTW... maybe we need to start another thread? We seem to have gone pretty far afield from M4 vs Mini-14. :)

The instructions I read for lubing the bolt said to use "grease" as in lithium grease, marine grease, etc. Any bolt using that is going to need to be taken out and cleaned of accumulated filth and not just hosed down with CLP etc. When the bolt is so easy to remove, why are people doing tests where it is left in for 16k or whatever. That is not normal use!!!!

BTW... maybe we need to start another thread? We seem to have gone pretty far afield from M4 vs Mini-14. :)
Did the boys pimping that Slip 2000 Extreme Weapons Lube adhere to that protocol? we don't know that they started with a greased up rig

I have no idea. I do have fancy lubes for my 1911 and Glocks, but I only use those on the exposed trigger part of my AR. Even then, I still take my firearms apart and clean them. Sometimes with CLP when I have been somewhat neglectful. My point is that even tho the pics of the broken bolt are shocking, why would anybody do that? I'm missing something.

Last Edited:
Well obviously the link you provided does, as would CLP etc. etc.

CLP=Clean Lubricate and Protect. Its not a lubricant only. I've used motor oil (cause I have a lot of it so why not), and it doesn't remove grime. Maybe I need to get some of that slip stuff and see if that's only a lube or not.

My point is that even tho the pics of the broken bolt are shocking, why would anybody do that? I'm missing something.

To see how far one can go without cleaning. Wolf is one of the dirtiest ammo you can use. 16k rounds of wolf with only lube gets that. Guy probably had a lot of money to waste and wanted to do it.

You can probably engineer any rifle action imaginable to function on an AR lower if you work hard enough at it.
If its using an AR lower, it still belongs to the AR platform. Regardles of whether its a piston AR, or a bolt action upper.

Last Edited:

"They ignore the fact that the M16 is the most accurate and efficient rifle ever used by the military."

I call BS, sorry brother. This debate could go on and on but when the M16 and most accurate ever used by the military are included in the same sentence I got to call it.
There are many slanted articles
Written about almost any weapon ever used in battle, they're easy enough to find- just ask the internet,, but the most accurate??? Hmm.

"They ignore the fact that the M16 is the most accurate and efficient rifle ever used by the military."

I call BS, sorry brother. This debate could go on and on but when the M16 and most accurate ever used by the military are included in the same sentence I got to call it.
Course they'll say its the most accurate ever used by the military, that's what everyone keeps saying. As for the truth of that specific statement, sure its dubious. Then again, when your only exposure is between an M16, or something else in the AR platform, and an AK that probably has its bore shot out years ago, that might have something to do with it (and also why some people think the AK is inaccurate). Not justifying that statement, just saying some things start somehow.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top