JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's not correct. Buy a label through ShipMyGun. Take it to UPS hub. Bud's (SMG) has a contract with UPS that allows nonlicensees to ship guns.
Thank you, someone else mentioned that to me. I think that's going to be the best bet.

Finally, I gather the rifle itself is illegal to possess and transport, since the code quoted by User 1234 is pretty nebulous (I'd hate to bet my freedom on it). Does anyone have any experience with the Mini-14? Can you literally neutralize it by removing the handguard?

We might almost be there.

Thank you, someone else mentioned that to me. I think that's going to be the best bet.

Finally, I gather the rifle itself is illegal to possess and transport, since the code quoted by User 1234 is pretty nebulous (I'd hate to bet my freedom on it). Does anyone have any experience with the Mini-14? Can you literally neutralize it by removing the handguard?

We might almost be there.
If you own it, it is grandfathered to you and legal as is to do whatever with.

If the seller resides in WA, they can ship it out of state just like any other gun. The only other problem I can think of would be if the buyer's state law allows it.

But WA would consider the Mini-14 as an AW:

(2)(a) "Assault weapon" means:
(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to​
accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:​
...​
(E) Flash suppressor, flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hider,​
sound suppressor, silencer, or any item designed to reduce the visual​
or audio signature of the firearm;​
FFL's are hesitant because it shouldn't matter what part(s) you took off:

(iii) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which
an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be
converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession​
or under the control of the same person; or​
WA has very strict gun laws. Even though firearms such as the Ruger 10/22 wouldn't meet the criteria, its still considered an 'assault rifle' from a previous bill (I-1639) and has to be registered, HIPPA law suspended, BGC yearly, etc. in addition to NICS.

Section 3, 2, C:

(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the assault weapon from an individual legally authorized to possess or transfer the assault weapon for the purpose of selling or transferring the assault weapon to a person who does not reside in this state. The purpose of this section is to allow individuals who no longer wish to own an assault weapon to sell their assault weapon and is not intended to allow Washington dealers to purchase assault weapons wholesale for the purpose of selling a stock or inventory of assault weapons online or in person to nonresidents;

And that's a straight out sale to a local FFL without even identifying an out-of-state buyer.

Of you can do it yourself and, as stated, ship the rifle for cheap to the buyer's out-of-state FFL via USPS (not UPS).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top