JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No it is not. An AR is defined by its Stoner designed system of direct gas impingement on the bolt carrier/bolt group in powering the action of its receiver.
A piston AR is still an AR. But if we want to argue semantics on it, then Colt makes the only AR. Everyone else makes a clone (or derivative of the AR in regards to the piston ARs), that may or may not be better.

And the snake oil isn't either? Show me where it's not.
I did say I have to pick some up to see if it does or doesn't. A company can claim many things, sometimes it only does one of the things it mentions.

I think that title belongs to the 98 Mauser.
I don't agree with you on anything else so far, but I'll agree with that. That would be one of the few bolt actions I'd get the moment a LGS or gun show has one available.

Well if we are going to expand it to the body count of any rifled action I suppose we have to consider the rapid firing French 75, the German 88, or our 105mm and 155mm howitzers. After all artillery, along with bombs and mines rather than bullets account for the vast majority of casualties in war.

Radica
I think I am with you on the 7.5" pistol, tho I've never seen nor shot one. Seems like you'd need at least a Sig Brace to hit the broad side.

Yah, I didn't get it at first... I thought it was a stripped lower. So you got a complete AR for around $300. That is way cool!!!

Who is RF of Houston? Are they an internet distributor/manufacturer?

Radical Firearms, they are on the net and have a factory there I believe.

Brutus Out

To see how far one can go without cleaning. Wolf is one of the dirtiest ammo you can use. 16k rounds of wolf with only lube gets that. Guy probably had a lot of money to waste and wanted to do it.

Agreed. I shoot lot's of Wolf. I also clean my firearms. These people have too much money (or they are being paid for doing stupid tests) and too much time on their hands. It's one thing for the military to test weapons to failure, but the results of either test don't mean much to me.

Last Edited:
Most accurate and efficient? Assuming U.S. Military, wouldn't that have to be the Bolt Action Remington 700? I forget what the nomenclature is for the sniper rifle.

Last Edited:
I shoot lot's of Wolf. I also clean my firearms. These people have too much money (or they are being paid for doing stupid tests) and too much time on their hands. It's one thing for the military to test weapons to failure, but the results or either test don't mean much to me.

What one does to their AR is their business. Besides, if the guy can afford to shoot 16k rounds of wolf, he can afford a new AR.

Back to the OP original question.... You can buy a decent AR for the retail price of a new Mini 14. Other than perceived reliability in the Mini action vs AR action I can't see a major advantage in the Mini. But then I have never owned one. I would recommend shooting both, consider your needs, wants, "mission" for the rifle and choose which one speaks to you.... Not necessarily scientific but grin factor counts for much these days.

If I was looking for a Mini style action I'd go full M1A.

Brutus Out

Do we have a problem here?

No, just saying the guy can do what he wants to with his money and his AR. If he wants to blast 16k rounds of wolf through his AR without cleaning, he's free to. That's the thing I love about this country, wouldn't be able to do that where I was born.

If I was looking for a Mini style action I'd go full M1A.

This, though I'd also toss in the M1 Garand.

No, just saying the guy can do what he wants to with his money and his AR. If he wants to blast 16k rounds of wolf through his AR without cleaning, he's free to. That's the thing I love about this country, wouldn't be able to do that where I was born.

This, though I'd also toss in the M1 Garand.
Agreed, but much more expensive than a good AR or Mini 14.

Brutus Out

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews