JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let me start this off by saying this idea is ridiculous, but I just can't let it go.

I love the Mini 14 in a stainless samson folding stock (80s action movies hold a special place in my heart). Now, I've dumped some money into my Mini. In addition to the stock, it's got an Ultimak rail, accustrut, blah, blah, blah. One of my favorite guns to shoot, but the thing gets so darn hot so quickly.

For the longest time, I've wanted to put a foregrip onto the stock (think like a variation of the AK dong or something). Well, I took the stock apart the other day thinking it wouldn't be any big deal to drill into it, fashion some backwoods picatinny mount and add the foregrip I have always wanted. No such luck. Turns out there is about 1/4" of wood where the a mount would go and I wouldn't trust the structural integrity of the wood to support any actual pressure.

So, my mind got to thinking and I think I've come to the realization that perhaps, some sort of picatinny mounted bracket could attach to the Ultimak, wrap around the stock and I could attach a grip to it. However, obviously no one makes this that I've been able to find. I toyed with those weird pistol red dot mounts that attach to a Glock rail, but I can't find one tall enough to clear the stock.

All in all, that's why I'm here. Looking for advice, suggestions, heck maybe even someone industrious enough to attempt this with a mill or 3d printer.... I know it's stupid, inefficient, and antiquated, but who cares. Modifying firearms to suit the needs of the owner is half the fun.

I'll post some pictures if this generates any interest in this saga.

90975A015p1-b01-digitall@4x_636849053092531265.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top