JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your level of interest in buying, building and or using braced firearms?

• Total voters
I never had an interest in that type of weapon, but it's a good thing the rule got struck down.

I don't believe for instant that they will adhere to the ruling though.

Several members here make blanket statements about the braces. I built a short pistol with a brace about six or seven years ago so I could take a friend who recently had a stroke shooting. I'm that sense, they work as designed and are not stupid as he enjoyed several outings in the woods again. Although some of the designs I've seen recently are an insult to say they are intended for that purpose.

I only had the slightest interest when they were banned. Now I've lost interest completely. That leaves more for the rest of you guys who want them, plus less infringements is a good thing.

You didn't have my choice on the poll, so I made this instead :)

Dick Metcalf vibes.jpg

I'm not even convinced we will like their final decision on bump stocks and braces.
We do have Heller and Bruen on our side but yeah... the issue looks to be mainly about ATF/DOJ bypassing Congress. So basically they could decide that it's not up to ATF to expand and legislate through regulatory language changes, but that it's up to Congress to amend/expand NFA/GCA.. which might signal to Congress to go ahead write new bills and vote on bills to add semiautomatic rifles to NFA along with braces and bumpstocks

Wanna bet that Congress will say "unusual" is "under 1% of estimated total firearms in US"(including NFA counts, which would put totals at well over 400 million) ? :s0140: regarding "Dangerous and Unusual weapons"

Or something similarly arbitrary and just enough to encompass all the AR types :rolleyes:

And before y'all bring up Caetano; it hasn't been used in a firearms case since then. Only that one time and it wasn't a SCOTUS decision. Just Opinion after remand

I have no interest in them. I already have NFA items so I'll just keep going that route. Hey, if they're for you, they're for you.

Whatever it takes to keep citizens involved in lawfully enjoying their rights while experiencing the least amount of infringement.
1699720108307.png
I am not associated with the club or individual represented in the photo...but I wouldn't call him names for using adaptive equipment.

I have as much interest in a brace as I do in wearing a fedora, playing Dungeons and Dragons, and/or putting a giant aftermarket spoiler on the back of my car.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top