JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
justification for confiscation not given
Richmond is just North of Oakland

The SBRs and pipe-clamp silencers alone are felonies in CA, even if he was not a felon. The APPS squad, I believe, mostly goes after convicted felons who have guns in their past database history, so chances are he has an interesting side gig.

Just a thought here. They mention the APP unit goes after people who had legally acquired firearms in the past, but then did something to become prohibited from having firearms at all.

Given the number of Stens, Swedish K's, Thompson's and other guns I see (though I do admit, may be semi'), my guess is that it was an NFA Dealer who somehow went bad & failed to dispose of their inventory in a timely manner.

Just a guess.

Best regards.

WMB

I lived in Richmond back in the '70s, not a nice place
I would never have kept a firearm collection of this size in town
unless this is a gang affiliated collection, as was found in Oregon in 2021

I'm guessing that their protocol is to call the bomb squad for even potential explosives instead of letting a regular patrolman make the decision.
Just a thought here. They mention the APP unit goes after people who had legally acquired firearms in the past, but then did something to become prohibited from having firearms at all.

Given the number of Stens, Swedish K's, Thompson's and other guns I see (though I do admit, may be semi'), my guess is that it was an NFA Dealer who somehow went bad & failed to dispose of their inventory in a timely manner.

Just a guess.

Best regards.

WMB
In CA there aren't many NFA dealers. Having the federal FFL and SOT is only the beginning. To have SBRs, free-state ARs, etc., the dealer also has to have a state "dangerous weapons permit." There are only a handful in the entire state. There are a precious few reasons in CA law that are sufficient to apply for one. Supplying Hollywood with prop guns is one, selling to law enforcement on a regular basis, with proof, is another. Those permit holders have to document every trip, demonstration, and use, and submit a report every year. Vehicle license plates, etc. I know FFLs who submitted applications and the CA DoJ ignored them.

Most 01 FFLs in CA can get a federal SOT and possess silencers far more easily. There is a lawyer in CA who did exactly that, and people at ranges are astonished to see a non-LE using one.

I see things have changed since I resided in the "Golden State" in the early 80's. Back then, there were a good number of SOT's. Granted, they could only sell to LE Agencies or provide demo's to same, and there was the film industry thing as well (but it HAS been 40+ years, lol!).

Would be interesting to see some follow-up information (though unlikely to happen).

The fact they did not release the persons name is something I find interesting.

I'm gonna stick by an older SOT (most of what I see in the pics were dirt cheap back in the day) or a licensed manufacturer (I forget the SOT number on that) who somehow became prohibit, or gave up the SOT & failed to dispose of their inventory.

Let's see what it turns out to be!

Best regards.

WMB

Lol! OK, Follow up!

Some of the stuff I just saw in the video was most definitely NOT simple tube guns!

Still, I can remember M2 50Cals and M60's going for $2500 in the early 80's.

Not sure what Lewis guns were going for though!

WOW, the LE's evidence room just got a WHOLE lot more interesting!

Best regards.

WMB

I see things have changed since I resided in the "Golden State" in the early 80's. Back then, there were a good number of SOT's. Granted, they could only sell to LE Agencies or provide demo's to same, and there was the film industry thing as well (but it HAS been 40+ years, lol!).

Would be interesting to see some follow-up information (though unlikely to happen).

The fact they did not release the persons name is something I find interesting.

I'm gonna stick by an older SOT (most of what I see in the pics were dirt cheap back in the day) or a licensed manufacturer (I forget the SOT number on that) who somehow became prohibit, or gave up the SOT & failed to dispose of their inventory.

Let's see what it turns out to be!

Best regards.

WMB
from the DOJ video, these firearms were just stored in a garage
I don't think a SOT would be so careless with storing his products, especially in Richmond
even back in the '70 the people I knew in Richmond had steel frames around their doors and window and secure storage
I had a smaller collection back then and kept them under the house in the crawl space
the only access was a hatch in my bedroom closet

This is my first time posting here but I just wanted to point something out, it seems like this story wasn't released until three days ago. I find this odd since it happened over two weeks ago and they usually report these things as soon as they can. I can't help but wonder the reason why it took so long to report this and the identity of the violator hasn't been released.

the one in Richmond wasn't the only one this year

California DOJ must be pushing an agenda this year, being an election year in California

"The Armed and Prohibited Persons System identifies individuals who had lawfully procured firearms and then later became prohibited from owning or possessing them."

So it sounds like Commiefornia has a system in place to obtain access to a person's past legal purchases of firearms and monitor prohibited individuals once they qualify as "prohibited".

We'll aren't they all up in their residents' shiznit?

"The Armed and Prohibited Persons System identifies individuals who had lawfully procured firearms and then later became prohibited from owning or possessing them."

So it sounds like Commiefornia has a system in place to obtain access to a person's past legal purchases of firearms and monitor prohibited individuals once they qualify as "prohibited".

back in '90, Pac West Arms was selling striped AR receivers for $50 each
no one, not even California, registered how many one purchased
back then the Liberals didn't understand one could build an AR in their garage in a couple of hours

You lived in Richmond, so you know Richmond. Which raises the question, "Why do you even ask?"

A bunch of firearms of different types is a firearms collection. A crapload of guns and million rounds of ammo is something else.

Change my mind.

You lived in Richmond, so you know Richmond. Which raises the question, "Why do you even ask?"

A bunch of firearms of different types is a firearms collection. A crapload of guns and million rounds of ammo is something else.

Change my mind.
Hundreds of guns is still a collection.
You may not be able to fathom why someone would have such quantities, but it's not a stretch as to why.
If one were to rent those rare guns to shoot, ammo is needed. Then it's a business, or was, at some point in the owner's past.
Our governments (OR, WA, CA and the Feds) are very good at converting law-abiding citizens into criminals, just by legislating as illegal, the possessions of those individuals.
Change your own mind.

Hundreds of guns is still a collection.
You may not be able to fathom why someone would have such quantities, but it's not a stretch as to why.
If one were to rent those rare guns to shoot, ammo is needed. Then it's a business, or was, at some point in the owner's past.
Our governments (OR, WA, CA and the Feds) are very good at converting law-abiding citizens into criminals, just by legislating as illegal, the possessions of those individuals.
Change your own mind.
I called a collector i know in San Rafael last evening
he didn't know the collector in Richmond and his age is not of our generation
he doesn't shoot in California anylonger, but goes up near Reno to shoot with others
it is possible the collector in Richmond was doing the same and charging others to shoot his firearms
back in the '70s, I paid a collector to fire his authentic full auto AKM that way
it was advertised by word of mouth - I paid for ammo and the privilege of shooting his firearm and we met at a remote location
the US was never able to stop the flow of illegal drugs into this country - you think they can stop illegal firearms

as late as the early '90s, I was offered an FN FAL heavy barrel with select fire and anti aircraft sights
collectors in Lake Oswego have some exotic firearms
I'm sure the trade still exist

Our governments (OR, WA, CA and the Feds) are very good at converting law-abiding citizens into criminals,
And some do a good job on their own converting themselves. Same guy in an article from 2018:

A Novato couple has been charged with child endangerment for allegedly keeping methamphetamine, heroin and hypodermic needles near their two children.

Alson Scott Conkey, 52, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in Marin Superior Court. He is also charged with three counts of drug possession for sale.

His wife, Maraea Natua Master, is set to be arraigned on July 3.

The charges stem from an investigation by the Marin County Major Crimes Task Force, the multi-agency drug squad. The task force developed information that Conkey was selling drugs and obtained a search warrant for his residence on Pine Avenue.

Investigators executed the warrant on June 1 and seized more than 2 ounces of methamphetamine, nearly an ounce of heroin, morphine and a patch of the painkilling narcotic fentanyl, said sheriff's Sgt. Brian Fay, assistant commander of the task force. The drugs had an estimated street value of about $5,000, he said.

Detectives also found evidence of drug sales such as packaging materials and digital scales, as well as two motorcycles that were suspected to be stolen, Fay said.

The task force also found several capped or uncapped syringes, including two that were loaded with suspected heroin. Authorities alleged child endangerment because the couple's children, both under age 11, could have ingested the drugs.

Detectives booked Conkey. He was released pending a charging decision by the Marin County District Attorney's Office.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top