JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the one in Richmond wasn't the only one this year

California DOJ must be pushing an agenda this year, being an election year in California
"A Marin County judge authorized a bail enhancement for Conkey, holding him on $1,000,000 bail."

Nice to see bail still exists in La La Land.

A crapload of guns and million rounds of ammo is a really big firearms collection.
And that's cool. But this guy was prohibited from owning firearms. We don't know why yet from the limited info in the article, but the fact is he was.

After every adverse incident and/or legislative initiative, people constantly whine, "When are they going to go after the criminals instead of law abiding citizens." In this case it appears they did.

And that's cool. But this guy was prohibited from owning firearms. We don't know why yet from the limited info in the article, but the fact is he was.

After every adverse incident and/or legislative initiative, people constantly whine, "When are they going to go after the criminals instead of law abiding citizens." In this case it appears they did.
Right, but someone having a crap load of firearms isn't the issue. A person prohibited from possessing firearms having ANY firearms is. The fact that this guy was able to amass such a collection while prohibited from lawful purchases just demonstrates how ineffective gun laws are.

"The Armed and Prohibited Persons System identifies individuals who had lawfully procured firearms and then later became prohibited from owning or possessing them."

So it sounds like Commiefornia has a system in place to obtain access to a person's past legal purchases of firearms and monitor prohibited individuals once they qualify as "prohibited".

We'll aren't they all up in their residents' shiznit?
It's extremely antiquated (the technology), disorganized, and inefficient. Wrote a paper on this system a few years ago, something like only %10 of "contacts" made led to confiscation, most interactions derive from family/spousal complaints, and CADOJ is constantly requesting millions from the legislature to update the system. CA posted a youtube video a while back boasting about the system with officer bodycam, and one clip ended with CADOJ asking whereabouts with the roommate/spouse replying "he's been in jail, went back on a different charge."

If this guy wasn't an expired SOT as Willysmb said, i'd guess he's former federal agent (ie shipping ports/bpd/etc) or similar CA exec branch employee. The stens, Thompsons, and DIY cans scream desert drug dealer but the rest of his collection is far from it.

If this guy wasn't an expired SOT as @Willysmb said, i'd guess he's former federal agent
I doubt he's a former federal anything. Some more interesting history on this guy:

Alson Scott Conkey
58 / Male
San Rafael, CA

Arrested For:By:Date:
Possess A Firearm And Controlled Substances
Possession of Controlled Substance
Possession of Narcotic Controlled Substance
Receiving Or Concealing Stolen Property
Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Addict in Possession of Firearm
Possession Of Ammunition
Possession of Assault Weapon
Change/Alter/Remove/Obliterate ID Marks on Firearm
Marin County SD1/4/2024
Possess A Controlled Substance For Sale
Child Endangerment
Receiving Stolen Property - Motor Vehicle
Marin County SD6/1/2018
Transport A Controlled Substance
Unregistered California Based Vehicle
Drive While License Suspended
Fail To Provide Evidence Financial Responsibility
Shall not operate vehicle with product or device that obscures reading of license plate.
San Francisco County SD3/29/2018
Warrants Or Holds OnlySan Francisco PD3/28/2018
Marin County SD10/27/2017

I doubt he's a former federal anything. Some more interesting history on this guy:

Alson Scott Conkey
58 / Male
San Rafael, CA

Arrested For:By:Date:
Possess A Firearm And Controlled Substances
Receiving Or Concealing Stolen Property
Addict in Possession of Firearm
Possession Of Ammunition
Possession of Assault Weapon
Change/Alter/Remove/Obliterate ID Marks on Firearm
Marin County SD1/4/2024
Child Endangerment
Receiving Stolen Property - Motor Vehicle
Marin County SD6/1/2018
Transport A Controlled Substance
Unregistered California Based Vehicle
Drive While License Suspended
Fail To Provide Evidence Financial Responsibility
Shall not operate vehicle with product or device that obscures reading of license plate.
San Francisco County SD3/29/2018
Warrants Or Holds OnlySan Francisco PD3/28/2018
Marin County SD10/27/2017
I didn't review his past record, but CA has had a long problem of federal agents, police chiefs/officers, and govt employees reselling firearms. Main reason I added that to expired SOT or drug dealer.

I didn't review his past record, but CA has had a long problem of federal agents, police chiefs/officers, and govt employees reselling firearms. Main reason I added that to expired SOT or drug dealer.
I think your confusing the two men, the one in San Rafael just had a shotgun, rifle and several handguns
the one from Richmond had the large collection
his name has not been released

I think your confusing the two men, the one in San Rafael just had a shotgun, rifle and several handguns
the one from Richmond had the large collection
his name has not been released
Oh, unsure why I was tagged in the other guys criminal history above. Was just a guess about the Richmond guys background ha.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top