JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a completely unrelated event... My older brother was recently eating at a restaurant in Portland and some homeless dude just comes up to his table and starts eating his fries. If that isn't bad enough, the dirty hippy staff acted like he should just let him do it. Are you freaking kidding me??? I would have lost it big time on that one. :mad::mad::mad:

I would have got up, told staff the food was now on the house and I was leaving. If "staff" made an issue of it I would have said manager. If same response I would then call 911, tell them what happened, that I was not paying for meal. See what the operator wanted to do.

Let's legalize more drugs...........the leagalization (or tolerance) attracts homeless and soon to be homeless like fly's to there excrement. Crime follows and society is heavily degraded for decent people. In northern climates, our weather once gave us some insulation from this kind of activity but now liberal do gooders seem to think we don't have enough of them so create shelters.......attracting them like a free cheese giveaway in the park. The liberal (communist) mayor of Boise was forced to deal with an alley behind a homeless shelter a couple of years ago. He had allowed it to become a huge campground for them over several years. When he finnaly sent in the police and city sanitation crews, even he had to admit that they found heavy drugs and heroin in every camp. It seems that they could get stuff and a meal at the shelter but couldn't use drugs so they lived in the alley. The homeless will drive affluent normal people to the suburbs (and gated communities) faster than anything else. No sane human wants to deal with it.

Last Edited:
I would have got up, told staff the food was now on the house and I was leaving. If "staff" made an issue of it I would have said manager. If same response I would then call 911, tell them what happened, that I was not paying for meal. See what the operator wanted to do.
I agree. My brother was quite upset but he is way too nice of a guy for sure.

I would just love to give an old man's opinion here on this topic but it just doesn't match the solutions most are giving as their opinion. They are right in their immediate reactions but in the long term the problem is far bigger than folks understand.

I would just love to give an old man's opinion here on this topic but it just doesn't match the solutions most are giving as their opinion. They are right in their immediate reactions but in the long term the problem is far bigger than folks understand.
Hey man, your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, even if they don't like it or agree with it.

It can be a no win scenario with the homeless.

Just have to minimize the damage. :s0045:

A gentleman in past generations used to carry a walking stick while out. When I was young, we used to staff fight competitively, either can be a devistating weapon up close. Actually better in many times than a pistol and certainly better than a knife. The tip of a 6 foot staff can be moved nearly the speed of sound.

This is why I conceal carry soy sauce. People laughed at me when I told them. This story just shows how important it is to be prepared for any eventuality. Attack me, I'll liberally coat your noodles.

Hey man, your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, even if they don't like it or agree with it.

Situational awareness is the key to not getting clobbered but even more important is survival tactics that prevent a bear attack before it happens. If there is food out for the bears they will come to feed and then you end up dealing with them. Don't create bear habitat around your home. Make the place you live safe as you can and the bears find better pickings. Don't feed the bears.:)

This is why I conceal carry soy sauce. People laughed at me when I told them. This story just shows how important it is to be prepared for any eventuality. Attack me, I'll liberally coat your noodles.
Hmm yes, my aunt used to carry around ketchep in her purse. You know, for those supposedly safe ketchup free zones.

The homeless POS sheet on all of us. :confused: I am at I-205 and Stark off ramp here is an able
bodied young man begging while standing in a pile of trash? I am supposed to feel
sorry for this lazy tweaked out walking dead POS? Sorry I have zero empathy for the
homeless. I know some are down on there luck but I say the majority are there by
choice. The Old RV's and homeless camps create piles of trash, needles and
human waste. Who pays to clean this up? We do the tax payer. The bleeding hart libs
handing these POS homeless people money is creating this mess. It is illegal to camp on the
streets and panhandle at freeway ramps but Portland mayor says he will not criminalize
the homeless.:oops: There solution is to spend more money on social services. The more they
spend the more they will come from all over the country. I say put those homeless camps
and housing next to the mayor's and city council homes. Carry some pepper spray for
defense against the walking dead.:eek:
^This. I've had a job since I was 16. Every good thing in my life: my car, my home, my job, my education, I have worked my a$$ off for. I've never begged anyone for anything, never taken what I wasn't owed, never felt entitled to anything I hadn't earned. I feel not a lick of sympathy for young, able-bodied homeless folk. Down on their luck? Possibly but I think unlikely. They are where they are due to poor life choices. There is no external entity, be it government, private or otherwise, that decides who will have success in their life and who will spend their days holding a cardboard sign at a freeway entrance begging for ashtray change. Everyone has a choice to be or not to be productive and fruitful.

Rant over. :mad:

^This. I've had a job since I was 16. Every good thing in my life: my car, my home, my job, my education, I have worked my a$$ off for. I've never begged anyone for anything, never taken what I wasn't owed, never felt entitled to anything I hadn't earned. I feel not a lick of sympathy for young, able-bodied homeless folk. Down on their luck? Possibly but I think unlikely. They are where they are due to poor life choices. There is no external entity, be it government, private or otherwise, that decides who will have success in their life and who will spend their days holding a cardboard sign at a freeway entrance begging for ashtray change. Everyone has a choice to be or not to be productive and fruitful.

Rant over. :mad:
Absolutely 1000% agree. I don't make very much money myself, but I am responsible with what little I have and that goes a long way. Yet somehow I manage and am comfortable with no government assistance or food stamps thank you very much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top