JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recommend you carry a weapon, any weapon, be it a knife, an asp but preferably a firearm. This time, you took a Cup of Noodles to the head. Next time you could get the Cream of Sum Yung Guy in the rear.

About 5 or 6 years ago when I lived in Portland I was stuck in traffic with a bunch of the usual off and on ramp panhandlers in sight. To my amazement a newer 4WD crew cab pickup pulls up near the panhandlers and a bunch of panhandlers get out of the truck and went over to where the existing panhandlers were and got their signs, equipment and BS's for a minute or two and then the existing ones walked over to the truck, got in and the truck drove away. Looked like a shift change in a factory. It was the damnest thing I have ever seen and at the same time I wasn't really sutprised except for $20-30,000 truck they were riding in.

Two things I'd like you to note.

Increasingly the homeless in downtown PDX are in groups, so while you may only see one, there are others very close who will attempt to jump you if given 'provocation' and the chance.

Many homeless in downtown carry machetes (or some machete like impliments). They are openly carried and are not illegal.

Act accordingly.

Two things I'd like you to note.

Increasingly the homeless in downtown PDX are in groups, so while you may only see one, there are others very close who will attempt to jump you if given 'provocation' and the chance.

Many homeless in downtown carry machetes (or some machete like impliments). They are openly carried and are not illegal.

Act accordingly.

This.

But I just read an article where police had said we don't firearms as they are there to protect you?
What happened were they eating dinner or something? You mean police are not out there following every citizen to avoid crimes ? o_Oo_O

I don't have time to read much more then the first few posts but I would like to add this if it hasn't already been mentioned.

I work in an area next to a church that caters to the homeless and in the area of a couple mental treatment facilities.

We have homeless folks all over - I never leave anything in my car and intentionally have left some duct tape on my sunroof to the point it is tattered.

However, I have never had an issue with any of them.

Most are untreated mentally and all of them are just trying to get by day by day. (Meth heads excluded imo). A lot of them do not have the means to become gainfully employed and as soon as they do get a leg up, any assistance they may be getting is taken away from them.

Treating them like humans, a little kindness and respect has led to me having never had issues with the homeless - even when I worked nights in the worst parts of Portland.

Not saying Assault Noodles are ok but hopefully they won't be banned either:D

Out of nowhere I get a full, cup noodle sucker punch right upside the head, that's right, they slammed their precious cup of noodles all over me in a sucker punch to the head.

I haven't finished reading all 5 pages.

Count your blessings.

You could have been hit with a glass jar - which is hard and could have left you injured.
Or a can, and maybe left you cut

glad you are OK

This guy?!

funny_pictures_12.jpg

They can have the bottles and cans once they go to the curb on trash day. Until then it is private property. Much like the police, I didn't make the rules, but I like to see them followed and will enforce when I can. I wish being complacent got things done but unfortunately it just gets you walked all over.

Mount one high up and out of reach so it just reaches the trash cans. Use a water timer or it may turn into a homeless wash.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW6-CYMjjhsvwuRVDvt4dq1phqT9SFdVbH1SgNAMciu4O399nr.jpg

The whole Zombie epidemic isn't as far fetched as it seems...
Instead of undead craving your flesh... it's meth addicts, and vagrants agressivly perusing your copper and aluminum. Their physical appearance isn't much different than the season 1 "walkers"...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top