JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9 grand seems like a lot for an F150 motor.
I'm not sure the exact cost but that's what he told me it cost after all the bs. He still owed a lot on the truck so had to bite the bullet to get it replaced.

I'm guessing the majority of the bill was labor and storage fees because the shop had it for months.

Same, but I had friends and a store-bought tripod. It still took all day and then some. Volvo though, not an F150. Friend of mine took the donor car, which probably saved me money getting rid of it. Good times.
Times have changed. I walked through the Titus Will Ford shop one afternoon and in one work bay I noticed a frame, wheels, engine, transmission but no body. I looked up and saw the Ford Expedition body suspended several feet above the chassis. I remarked to the mechanic "Thats cheating" and he replied that is how it is done in todays world. Google 2014 F150 Ford engine change and check out the You Tube videos. You will be amazed. It is a whole new ball game. :D :)

A lot of those extended car warranties have stipulations that receipts for all maintenance must be available/presented for any claim to be paid.

So if you buy and are the 2nd or 3rd owner you're basically boned unless that car came with receipts for every oil change, general maintenance or any repairs or applicable maintenance pertaining to whatever part you're needing repaired ie transmission or engine.

A coworker bought a 2013 or 14 f150 and had the extended warranty required in order for him to get financing on it. The engine failed and his claim was denied because he didn't have proof that oil changes happened at all suggested intervals since he was 2nd or 3rd owner.

Cost him like 9 grand out of pocket.
Lots of small print, most people don't read it. Some policies are lots better than others. My daughter hasn't had any trouble using hers, more than once. The Chrysler dealer hasn't given them any static about it.

Times have changed. I walked through the Titus Will Ford shop one afternoon and in one work bay I noticed a frame, wheels, engine, transmission but no body. I looked up and saw the Ford Expedition body suspended several feet above the chassis. I remarked to the mechanic "Thats cheating" and he replied that is how it is done in todays world.
That's astonishing. Yet I completely believe this information.

You're not gonna find a 2013 or newer f150 motor for $100 anymore.
And if I'm not mistaken, everything has to match.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews